• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 441 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
2011 end of the giro, froomes BP values must have been all over the place.
Was it the flag behind his name that saved his ***? Possibly.
Brittish gt candidate, window of opportunity for uci, and perhap part of an already existing tacit agreement between mcquack and gainsford.
Regardless. brittish positive? Very bad for business, not gonna happen.
(Jtl being a nice christmas present from phat to crookson)

Froome better keep his mouth shut. I like him better that way.

shades1 said:
if he is doing stuff that cannot be detected then the whole peloton are on it as well , singling out froome is ridiculous just because he is number one , it would be no different to the EPO era .

Just like the whole peleton was on the same program Armstrong was on?
Even on US Postal only Armstrong got the full program.

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
sniper said:
2011 end of the giro, froomes BP values must have been all over the place.
Was it the flag behind his name that saved his ***? Possibly.
Brittish gt candidate, window of opportunity for uci, and perhap part of an already existing tacit agreement between mcquack and gainsford.
Regardless. brittish positive? Very bad for business, not gonna happen.
(Jtl being a nice christmas present from phat to crookson)

Froome better keep his mouth shut. I like him better that way.

The new way is not blood doping.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
What Froome says about it being hard to avoid the testers is just dumb. If we know anything it is the fact that you have to be almost stupid to be caught. The testers are on an impossible mission and will of course not find what they are not looking for.

Also, I would like someone from the old Banesto and Telekom teams to react to the claim that they were mediocre in regards to training, nutrition and equipment compared to Sky. Sure, things have progressed slightly on one or more areas but to suggest they can ride at mid-90s tempo clean because of (*swallows sick*) marginal gains is insulting at best.

Lacking espresso laced with honey, I'll go make a regular cup of coffee. ;)

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
The British flag to Froome's left has been sprayed with anti-tailwind solution as its flying in the other direction. It may look like a side, headwind but its really a tailwind :rolleyes:

Some people still believe the moon landings weren't faked.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Sean Kelly talked about his DS Jean de Gribaldy being well clued in with nutrition back in the 80s.

The Sky propaganda machine telling us that they are the only team that trains properly, east properly and rests properly is for the birds.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Sean Kelly talked about his DS Jean de Gribaldy being well clued in with nutrition back in the 80s.

The Sky propaganda machine telling us that they are the only team that trains properly, east properly and rests properly is for the birds.

Did Sean Kelly ever ride 7 hours without eating? Lose 6kg in a 3 weeks? Of course not, he was too lazy

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Did Sean Kelly ever ride 7 hours without eating? Lose 6kg in a 3 weeks? Of course not, he was too lazy

Sean Kelly told a story, how he was told never to have sex a week before a race, at a Guinness hosted evening back in the 80s. Someone is the crowd shouted, "so you are still a virgin"....

The idea that Sky are the only ones who do dedication is out there.......

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly I think the broader tide of opinion might be starting to turn against Froome. The Twitter reaction to his 'honey and coffee' comments has been positively negative, from more than just the usual sceptics.

Nathan12 said:
Interestingly I think the broader tide of opinion might be starting to turn against Froome. The Twitter reaction to his 'honey and coffee' comments has been positively negative, from more than just the usual sceptics.

Froome's base is middle England though and they will not buck unless Froome confesses one day.

Walsh is about to sell the biography. Its going to get a lot of money, especially with all the positive press Froomie is going to get from Dauphine to end of July.

Will Carter

BANNED
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Doesn't matter if he was tested 365 if he is doing stuff that cannot be picked up by tests!

Testing has always been years behind the dopers.

That comment really doesnt mean much as a specific against Froome / SKY.

IF you believe they are using something that can't be detected how does it work? IF it wallops hematocrit, etc. to a high level then this should flag on the BP and therefore should result in a case being investigated / thought of / etc.

IF it isn't that then how does it work? Interested in that one.

From past posts I can see you (and others) don't believe in the BP and also don't trust the UCI. IF thats the case then why should anyone (SKY or others) bother with new undetectable drugs when they could just be using the same as before and be protected?

I'm not saying either way on SKY or others but if you make a comment like that at least either try and back it up (with suspicions, etc) or just say that its your view / opinion (which you are entitled to).

Will Carter

BANNED
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Are they the ONLY team that do that or just the only team that SAY that. Different.

stutue said:
Who started that rumour? You? :D

No...you'd be amazed what people say after a few drinks...so no it wasn't the hog who started that rumour, nor was it me...but it's not the point...I don't know anyone who has followed cycling for a generation who believes in froome. It honestly boils down to common sense. Biggest transformation in the history of cycling.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Digger said:
No...you'd be amazed what people say after a few drinks...so no it wasn't the hog who started that rumour, nor was it me...but it's not the point...I don't know anyone who has followed cycling for a generation who believes in froome. It honestly boils down to common sense. Biggest transformation in the history of cycling.

I think your right, common sense and a good knowledge of previous transformations mark Chris out massively. It's put me off watching as the levels of dominance are quite tiresome,predictable and embarrassing. The sooner it stops the better for cycling.

Will Carter

BANNED
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The Hitch said:
No, their specific claim is that they are the only team that does so and that this gives them the advantage over everyone else.

Ok so its them saying it. I thought Garmin were saying those kind of things as well - as in that that they trained in certain ways, NOT that they were the only people that trained that way. I may be mistaken - so just checking.

Digger said:

While it would be significant if Mcquaid doubted Froome, what would be way more significant would be if **** Pound doubted Froome.

Oh wait, he does.

TRENDING THREADS