• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 452 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
del1962 said:
So you are saying dopers don't tailor their doping to be at its most effective for their races?

Good to see that it only took 1 year and 8 months before you opened your mind to actually ask questions about doping.:D

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So ASO/L'equipe are part of the cover up when last year Grappe did another whitewash (did it on Armstrong) on Froome's numbers and yet we see Froome and Porte and making the Madone look a mere speed bump.

Any comments from David Walsh?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
So ASO/L'equipe are part of the cover up when last year Grappe did another whitewash (did it on Armstrong) on Froome's numbers and yet we see Froome and Porte and making the Madone look a mere speed bump.

Any comments from David Walsh?

Walsh is in love. He feels special. Maybe deep down he feels like he is making a mistake, but he is never going to admit that to himself or anyone else. Walsh is going down with the ship.

But at least he is good for comedic value.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Walsh is in love. He feels special. Maybe deep down he feels like he is making a mistake, but he is never going to admit that to himself or anyone else. Walsh is going down with the ship.

But at least he is good for comedic value.

No, I think he genuinely believes in Froome.

A couple of weeks back, Walsh was one of the guests on the "What's the Story" programme on Sky Sports. He was eulogising about Froome and said he was probably the most remarkable sports person he ever met. He said he should be getting more attention in Britain and felt he hasn't been getting it to the same level as Wiggins did in 2012.

I don't think as we currently speak, he feels he has made a mistake with Froome.

That's just my interpretation of it though.

gooner said:
No, I think he genuinely believes in Froome.

A couple of weeks back, Walsh was one of the guests on the "What's the Story" programme on Sky Sports. He was eulogising about Froome and said he was probably the most remarkable sports person he ever met. He said he should be getting more attention in Britain and felt he hasn't been getting it to the same level as Wiggins did in 2012.

I don't think as we currently speak, he feels he has made a mistake with Froome.

That's just my interpretation of it though.

Agree with with this assessment.

Info worry he's too far deep to see any different.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
red_flanders said:
He'll be the one leading the pitchfork crowd when and if proof ever comes. Lovers spurned and all that...

Well social media will not be kind to davidwalshst when it becomes obvious to most fans that what was right in front of his nose he ignored!

If Walsh was to start now leading the calls for full transparency into Sky, he may regain some kudos, but i doubt he will, early retirement beckons.....

Publicus said:
He could ride the Tour de Suisse and still make the TdF team. Look at Saxo's Dauphine line up. You really don't think Roman Kreuziger is NOT going to ride the TdF do you (or that Jesper Hansen will)?

Sky generally have taken the Dauphine team plus one with just a tweak or two. (Like Eisel to shepherd Cav)

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Catwhoorg said:
Sky generally have taken the Dauphine team plus one with just a tweak or two. (Like Eisel to shepherd Cav)

Wiggins did none of the training camps for World champs under Ellingworth but still went - he gets special molly coddle dispensation.

I wouldn't count him out until the fat lady is singing.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
not to worry, BotRadar has the situation under control.

Unless Sky have built a time machine and had Froome and Porte ride up there on the same days as the others, that set of "data" tells us nothing. And of course you know that, you're just being a tit as usual. Please stop posting unless you have something useful to say.

I don't know what these times are meant to tell anyone. Basic common sense should make anyone wonder the same. Just looking at Porte and Danielson, nothing that either of these two have ever done in cycling has merited comparison to Armstrong's performances and they never will. That alone makes it meaningless.

Are they even taking the times from the same places?

They confirm the "beating times of known dopers" line, which was based on very thin foundations previously. It's still a pathetic argument but the hard of thinking will be swayed by the tribal shamen chanting the mantra. Accuracy is irrelevant for these purposes.

Even if they are taken from the same place, they mean nothing. It's only a matter of time before the clean riders match doped riders of years ago. And weren't Porte's and Froomes's times taken on stage 9, the first serious climbing of the race, when Armstrong's was later on in the race?

Whatever, comparisons like this are all bum gravy.
As contrived as the argument about times of dopers is, if he's beating Armstrong climbs clean then imo he absolutely shouldn't be quiet about it. It would be a good thing! Don't hide from it.

Aij7e4a.jpg

May 26, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
not to worry, BotRadar has the situation under control.

Aij7e4a.jpg

Yep the propaganda war is on. Sky are trying desperately to control the narrative. Same as others before them and we know how that worked out!

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
He could ride the Tour de Suisse and still make the TdF team. Look at Saxo's Dauphine line up. You really don't think Roman Kreuziger is NOT going to ride the TdF do you (or that Jesper Hansen will)?

True! True! But you would have thought it could have been a prime chance for these two to bury the hatchet before the main event! I mean, after getting them tucked up in bed in their stripy jammies, good old Servais Knaven could have soothed them into a state of bliss with a little 'once upon a time...' bedtime reading too! Sweet dreams boys!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Yep the propaganda war is on. Sky are trying desperately to control the narrative. Same as others before them and we know how that worked out!
i prefer centrifuge to the vortex. unless i am persian when the mujahadeen e-huq will get you in the neck for that $hit

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
personally i cant wait for the Tour to see if little Richie Port has beat the Guinness Book of World Records for bobble head doll proportions exceeding Levi's head size ratio.

I think he may well have won the small man large head contest,

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Bumeington said:
Those numbers are from june 2013

Funny. Or not. You decide.

vetooo @ammattipyoraily · 6 h
RT @inrng (April 29, 2014): "My numbers are as good as this time last year, if not better" says Froome in L'Equipe. [...]"

TRENDING THREADS