• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 453 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the sceptic said:
not to worry, BotRadar has the situation under control.

Aij7e4a.jpg
Yes there are idiots in this world. There always will be. Even if froome tested positive they will defend him like contador fans did and similar to Valverde fans etc.

Do we really need to read their bs here? If they want to keep to themselves over on some other website why bring them up here as if they were relevant or something?

The Hitch said:
Imo Heras and Contador were better.

I said "TdF climber" on purpose as he actually competed only there and we talk about preparation to the TdF. Armstrong's 11 mountain stage wins speak for itself. On some occasions he basically crushed the oposition in the mountains. Some of his performances (like Hautacam or Alpe d'Huez) were among the best in recent memory. Armstrong in his top form during the Tour (like 2001) was almost unbeatable and Pantani seems to be the only one who could have beaten him in the mountains then.

Krzysztof_O said:
I said "TdF climber" on purpose as he actually competed only there and we talk about preparation to the TdF. Armstrong's 11 mountain stage wins speak for itself. On some occasions he basically crushed the oposition in the mountains. Some of his performances (like Hautacam or Alpe d'Huez) were among the best in recent memory. Armstrong in his top form during the Tour (like 2001) was almost unbeatable and Pantani seems to be the only one who could have beaten him in the mountains then.

Pantani in 97, 98 & 99 before the fall form, drops Armstrong in 2001. Even when he was not at his best, he eventually dropped him in 2001 anyway.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Gregga said:
I don't know if it's already been metionned somewhere : today "l'Equipe" reveals Froome broke Armstrong record on la Madone in june 2013
Isnt the story out yet?
Does the article merely provide the data, or is it spiced up with insinuations?

the sceptic said:
not to worry, BotRadar has the situation under control.

Aij7e4a.jpg

The funniest thing as well is that Froome himself disreputes all the arguments in the quotes in your post. FROOME is the one to say he is faster than armstrong based on this result, so the whole "this time means nothing" argument goes against their hero's.

sniper said:
Thanks rr, though i had already come across that teaser.
Have u read the whole article by any chance?

There's a pic of the whole article on here :

https://twitter.com/oufeh/status/473394060498333696/photo/1

Not too easy to read though

froome said:
Why should I feel ashamed? It should be a feat, a success for me to do this time at such a level without doping. It is proof that I worked hard and that we got better in Nutrition, the way we train,.. All of this just seems strange to me

May 26, 2010
Visit site
lemoogle said:
There's a pic of the whole article on here :

https://twitter.com/oufeh/status/473394060498333696/photo/1

Not too easy to read though

Originally Posted by froome
Why should I feel ashamed? It should be a feat, a success for me to do this time at such a level without doping. It is proof that I worked hard and that we got better in Nutrition, the way we train,.. All of this just seems strange to me

It is amazing that only Sky work hard (others on Tenerife are there for a tan) and the others also dont eat properly. Sky really should just shut up with the BS that they re invented cycling!!

If Sky did re invent cycling then why did they need people from the sport, the Leinders, De Jongh, Yates, Jullich etc when those guys are 'old school generation' when Sky were doing something new!

How can people swallow it?

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
@ammattipyoraily Tyler Hamilton, Madone
31/05/2000 | 60.8 kg | 32:32 | Ht 50, Hb 16.4 | 6.45 W/kg

@ammattipyoraily Col de la Madone

Chris Froome 30:09
Richie Porte 30:24
Tom Danielson 30:24
Lance Armstrong 30:45
Tony Rominger 31:30
Tyler Hamilton 32:32

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
It's still hilarious to me how Dave put forth his General Theory of Accelerated Human Evolution, warning us that at SOME POINT the clean performances of today will surpass the dopers of the past, so we better come to terms with it.... and then a mere few days later Froome climbed like Armstrong

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
SeriousSam said:
It's still hilarious to me how Dave put forth his General Theory of Accelerated Human Evolution, warning us that at SOME POINT the clean performances of today will surpass the dopers of the past, so we better come to terms with it.... and then a mere few days later Froome climbed like Armstrong

I'm thinking his original statement was going to be something like, "Yesterday, clean training performances surpassed doped racing performances", and PR got onto it and massaged it into something a bit more measured.

TRENDING THREADS