• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 839 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Isn't it amazing how when one goes with the long sleeves, the herd mentality join in behind it.

This last page or two has been a blast. :D

Keep it up, guys :lol:

Re: Re:

sniper said:
Benotti69 said:
Tyler Hamilton talked about it in his book;

"I watched my blood bag slowly empty..."

"Everybody else was in shorts and short sleeves. The three of us, still chilled, kept our sweatsuits on."
lol, nice find.

https://twitter.com/sebszczepaniak/status/752502182071635968
Why is #Froome wearing arm warmers during his coffee ride today? It's 30 degrees...
hiding transfusion marks seems the one plausible explanation here.

Rapha make arm screens, which are very effective at keeping arms cooled and unburnt. Coupled with cold black technology, and I would doubt they were arm warmers.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

sniper said:
Benotti69 said:

"Everybody else was in shorts and short sleeves. The three of us, still chilled, kept our sweatsuits on."
lol, nice find.

https://twitter.com/sebszczepaniak/status/752502182071635968
Why is #Froome wearing arm warmers during his coffee ride today? It's 30 degrees...
hiding transfusion marks seems the one plausible explanation here.

I wear arm warmers when I'm cold.

It's never occurred to me to use them to hide my needle marks. Thanks for the top tip.

gooner said:
Isn't it amazing how when one goes with the long sleeves, the herd mentality join in behind it.

I know! It's crazy, almost as crazy as some mid pack rider finishing 83rd at the Tour Poland almost winning the Vuelta 3 weeks later :lol:

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
gooner said:

I know! It's crazy, almost as crazy as some mid pack rider finishing 83rd at the Tour Poland almost winning the Vuelta 3 weeks later :lol:

Yes hog but we're dealing with facts there. :p

gooner said:
thehog said:
gooner said:

That we are, he certainly is wearing arm warmers in a warm room full of people whilst everyone else is in short sleeves.

He also has an odd shaped white/tan tan lie on his arm.

Or are you denying those facts?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
thehog said:
gooner said:

Plenty of factual firsthand evidence of riders doing transfusion on rest days at GTs. Froome has won the tour twice and not on mineral water!

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
gooner said:
thehog said:
gooner said:

Plenty of factual firsthand evidence of riders doing transfusion on rest days at GTs. Froome has won the tour twice and not on mineral water!
Mineral water is too fizzy, upsets the marginal gains. Gawd isn't Chris Froome a god among men? Think of the DNA this man is packing! He would be top of the charts in any rational breeding program.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Starstruck said:
Benotti69 said:
gooner said:
thehog said:
gooner said:

Mineral water is too fizzy, upsets the marginal gains. Gawd isn't Chris Froome a god among men? Think of the DNA this man is packing! He would be top of the charts in any rational breeding program.

Not really. He is the chosen one like Armstrong was. The system is stacked in his favour, probably even more with Uncle Brian installed in Aigle. Russian pee pored out by labs. Froome's probably doesn't get to the lab. Cookson wants a knighthood and a place on the biggest gravy train in sports, IOC Executiveship. Busting sky and Froome just aint gonna happen anytime soon.

carolina said:
thehog said:
pastronef said:
thehog said:
Benotti69 said:

In a hot press room an hour later.... Dawg keeping himself nice and warm :surprised:

have you got the temperature by chance? and humidity, air pressure, even wind direction? (maybe they left the windows open)
:D

The door was left open but everyone is dressed in summer wear, except Froome who is expecting artic conditions :lol:

3308t42.png

except for the guy behind froome and the other sky rider that is on the left. you can only see his arm, but he is also in a long sleeve jersey...
Oh and they wear black to cover up the Bulboes from the plague... lets go all in on this one

no sport competition makes people so poisounous as cycling does to regular posters of the thread. even messi's and ronaldo's football fanboys and haters are way more reasonable and intelligent.

daddy, what was you doing in your youth? - i was accomplishing a sacred mission of hating froome with passion on the CN forumboard.

LOL

deeno1975 said:
dacooley said:
daddy, what was you doing in your youth?

I spent my youth cheering on Armstrong and Pantani and the rest of the frauds
Now we have Froome and Wiggins
LOL

"rant"

I did the same.

and I guess me and you, we had our favourite doper.

as nowadays.

many here just hope one doper crushes another one, because they hate him oh so much.

isn´t it a strange behaviour from all these people on their high anti-doping horses?

you should wish to crush all the circus, to make it crumble. everybody or nobody. welcome piss and pounches given or taken by any rider.

you shouldnt even be following races. you should set up something real if you really want the circus ALL THE FUKKING circus to go down. found an association, meet up, block the roads during the races, crash team presentations, ride no-brand stuff, talk with lawyers, etc.

instead of talking about arm warmers and hoping Alberto/Quintana/LazarusNibali beat the evil Froome.

the fuel is there anyway

"end of rant"

:D

a couple of stages ago - I saw something that was a bit odd.....there was a shot of Froome from behind and on the back of his suit - leftside rib area - was a sewn up square patch. As though a square had been cut out of the suit and then stitched up.

What would that be ?? the other Sky riders did not have it...i know you,re all gona post stupid replies but seriously what would that be ?

Wow, this is Christmas for the the few remaining sky believers.

Instead the usual narratives we see in the clinic, regarding ascent times, history of doping in sport, the 12 million things Brailsford and Froome have been caught lying about and fabricating etc, which none of the Froome believers ever dare challenge or argue against.

Instead of that, they have been able to find someone making an argument about sleeves.

The horns are being sounded, the dozen other remaining believers being summoned, the victory march is being prepared. Finally an argument that can be a) challenged, and b) used to mock the person who made it.

Now 120% of their energy to trying to portray that 1 post as the sum total of all sceptics' arguments.

Good luck guys

The Hitch said:
Wow, this is Christmas for the the few remaining sky believers.

Instead the usual narratives we see in the clinic, regarding ascent times, history of doping in sport, the 12 million things Brailsford and Froome have been caught lying about and fabricating etc, which none of the Froome believers ever dare challenge or argue against.

Instead of that, they have been able to find someone making an argument about sleeves.

The horns are being sounded, the dozen other remaining believers being summoned, the victory march is being prepared. Finally an argument that can be a) challenged, and b) used to mock the person who made it.

Now 120% of their energy to trying to portray that 1 post as the sum total of all sceptics' arguments.

Good luck guys

He'll be rocking these babies today and the whole place will go into meltdown:

Pink_Floral_Arm_warmers_Front.jpg

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It's a wonderful sight when you see members getting all wound up over highlighting the silliness of the long sleeve theory.

You know they're irked when falsehoods are presented such as a reference to "one or two" pages intentionally taken out of context as attack on all sceptics and the posts in this thread.

Music to my ears.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

pastronef said:
isn´t it a strange behaviour from all these people on their high anti-doping horses?

This is true. It's insulting to people's intelligence that some paint it as a fight for the greater good when it's nothing of the sort. They revel in it.

TRENDING THREADS