• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 840 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

sniper said:
help me out here, what's silly about it?
would you rather show your needle marks to the press?

Funny enough, there was the Lance rumour and his black socks post rest day. It was believed to cover the ankle injection points. Considering cyclists name their blood bags after dogs, British marathon runners liken doping accusations to the Paris attacks, cyclists go from not being able to keep up with the grupetto then all of sudden start out climbing Cobos and out TT'ing Tony Martin and British sporting administrators have covered up doping all the way to WADA anything is possible.

In Gooners world, Radcliffe in clean "why all he doping talk, she has offered her blood values", Dan Martin has shown "how to win honestly" and Bradley Wiggins is entirely believable.

What a funny world we live in... :lol:

Re:

Cycle Chic said:
a couple of stages ago - I saw something that was a bit odd.....there was a shot of Froome from behind and on the back of his suit - leftside rib area - was a sewn up square patch. As though a square had been cut out of the suit and then stitched up.

What would that be ?? the other Sky riders did not have it...i know you,re all gona post stupid replies but seriously what would that be ?

If its what I have seen before its a radio pocket/pouch.

A couple of years ago, there was the shot of Froome sunburn, through his new lightweight shirt, that had a similar area not burnt, from the extra material.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

thehog said:
sniper said:

Funny enough, there was the Lance rumour and his black socks post rest day. It was believed to cover the ankle injection points. Considering cyclists name their blood bags after dogs, British marathon runners liken doping accusations to the Paris attacks, cyclists go from not being able to keep up with the grupetto then all of sudden start out climbing Cobos and out TT'ing Tony Martin and British sporting administrators have covered up doping all the way to WADA anything is possible.

In Gooners world, Radcliffe in clean "why all he doping talk, she has offered her blood values", Dan Martin has shown "how to win honestly" and Bradley Wiggins is entirely believable.

Paula? Who needs dope if you got running economy.

But I'm gonna give Gooner credit. Went from "Walsh? Bandwagon? Naahh..Psshhhh" to "Well, fair enough, he might not always be fully objective".

Anyway, Sky fans can't have the cake and eat it.
One day Froome supposedly does everything for a purpose and there is a marginal gain behind everything.
Next day him wearing arm warmers mid-summer is just a fluke for which there is no explanation.

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

pastronef said:
many here just hope one doper crushes another one, because they hate him oh so much.

instead of talking about arm warmers and hoping Alberto/Quintana/LazarusNibali beat the evil Froome.

So Alberto/Quintana/Nibali are doper #1 in the first quote?

And Froome is doper #2?

So you think Froome is doping too, just that you're ok with it?

May 26, 2009
Visit site

pastronef said:
deeno1975 said:
dacooley said:
daddy, what was you doing in your youth?

I spent my youth cheering on Armstrong and Pantani and the rest of the frauds
Now we have Froome and Wiggins
LOL

"rant"

I did the same.

and I guess me and you, we had our favourite doper.

as nowadays.

many here just hope one doper crushes another one, because they hate him oh so much.

isn´t it a strange behaviour from all these people on their high anti-doping horses?

you should wish to crush all the circus, to make it crumble. everybody or nobody. welcome piss and pounches given or taken by any rider.

you shouldnt even be following races. you should set up something real if you really want the circus ALL THE FUKKING circus to go down. found an association, meet up, block the roads during the races, crash team presentations, ride no-brand stuff, talk with lawyers, etc.

instead of talking about arm warmers and hoping Alberto/Quintana/LazarusNibali beat the evil Froome.

the fuel is there anyway

"end of rant"

:D

The solution to cycling's problems is, burn it all down.

Catwhoorg said:
Cycle Chic said:
a couple of stages ago - I saw something that was a bit odd.....there was a shot of Froome from behind and on the back of his suit - leftside rib area - was a sewn up square patch. As though a square had been cut out of the suit and then stitched up.

What would that be ?? the other Sky riders did not have it...i know you,re all gona post stupid replies but seriously what would that be ?

A couple of years ago, there was the shot of Froome sunburn, through his new lightweight shirt, that had a similar area not burnt, from the extra material.

ta !

sniper said:
thehog said:
sniper said:

Paula? Who needs dope if you got running economy.

But I'm gonna give Gooner credit. Went from "Walsh? Bandwagon? Naahh..Psshhhh" to "Well, fair enough, he might not always be fully objective".

Anyway, Sky fans can't have the cake and eat it.

One day Froome supposedly does everything for a purpose and there is a marginal gain behind everything.
Next day him wearing arm warmers mid-summer is just a fluke for which there is no explanation.

To the bolded, we are meant to stomach "he just lost the fat" and "he practiced to the seated acceleration in training" but once he puts on arm warmers on a 35c degree day then everyone is going nuts :rolleyes:

elduggo said:
pastronef said:

And Froome is doper #2?

oh yes. I am maybe the only Sky fan here thinking that way.

so when I see tweets and posts praising other doped riders and hoping they beat him, all the talk about doping seems a bit strange, no?

and answering to Byop: yes, there is no other solution that make it all crumble. a big huge scandal involving Uci, teams, sponsors, organizers.

I am not wishing for that though, I am ok. I follow as a hobby, a passion, I dont look for revenge, for the truth in cycling.
it´s the handful of posters on here that should be wishing that, if they really want cycling to change. a FULL crash, a fair bust for EVERYBODY.

sky movi tinkoff sagan alberto froome cav kittel zakarin katusha aru nibali. all out, go home. we stop the circus because it´s rotten, we´ve always said that, we are right.

ok, fine.

but dont fycking cheer for a doper and smash another one

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Is it really worth the supposition? Apart from for a bit of fun.

Maybe he micro doses, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he transfuses, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he was cold, maybe he wasn't. Maybe there is another reason why he had arm-warmers that you just haven't thought of, or are the possibilities limited to purely what you can think of.

Maybe he didn't give his attire much thought and just put them on anyway.

Jeez. It's a pair of arm warmers. It's hardly the grassy knoll.

Re:

gooner said:
It's a wonderful sight when you see members getting all wound up over highlighting the silliness of the long sleeve theory.

You know they're irked when falsehoods are presented such as a reference to "one or two" pages intentionally taken out of context as attack on all sceptics and the posts in this thread.

Music to my ears.

And it should be.
Well done. After 5 years you finally got one over your enemies.

After all the lies, separate accounts, refusals to answer questions, insults, bans strawmen etc, you've finally won a battle.

Tchin tchin.

May 26, 2009
Visit site

The Hitch said:
gooner said:
It's a wonderful sight when you see members getting all wound up over highlighting the silliness of the long sleeve theory.

You know they're irked when falsehoods are presented such as a reference to "one or two" pages intentionally taken out of context as attack on all sceptics and the posts in this thread.

Music to my ears.

And it should be.
Well done. After 5 years you finally got one over your enemies.

After all the lies, separate accounts, refusals to answer questions, insults, bans strawmen etc, you've finally won a battle.

Tchin tchin.

Wait, Flash has used separate accounts?

Cycle Chic said:
Catwhoorg said:
Cycle Chic said:

ta !

Had a moment to do an image search. This is the picture I am thinking of.
The band is obviously the HRM. The patch is from the radio pocket.

Is this the location you saw ?

froome_sunburn.jpg

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

[quote="kwikki][/quote]
Exactly. A pair of arm warmers to hide needle marks. What's the big deal?
"Been there done that", is what 90% of the propeloton thinks when seeing that. Oldest trick in the book.
Now we have Sky fans telling us the arm warmers are part of some large sponsor product placement conspiracy.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

pastronef said:
elduggo said:
pastronef said:

And Froome is doper #2?

so when I see tweets and posts praising other doped riders and hoping they beat him, all the talk about doping seems a bit strange, no?

and answering to Byop: yes, there is no other solution that make it all crumble. a big huge scandal involving Uci, teams, sponsors, organizers.

I am not wishing for that though, I am ok. I follow as a hobby, a passion, I dont look for revenge, for the truth in cycling.
it´s the handful of posters on here that should be wishing that, if they really want cycling to change. a FULL crash, a fair bust for EVERYBODY.

sky movi tinkoff sagan alberto froome cav kittel zakarin katusha aru nibali. all out, go home. we stop the circus because it´s rotten, we´ve always said that, we are right.

ok, fine.

My thoughts?

I think you'd have to treat posters here on a case by case basis. Some are sincere, some are not. Some are using this topic as a vehicle to push a nationalist agenda (on both sides), but most are not. Some have a spurious grip on evidence based thought, some are more rigorous. Some are limited by their own lack of imagination, some are creative and lateral thinkers. Some exploit ill-defined concepts and fit the evidence to suit their bias (both sides again).

I take the point you are making, but I'm not sure it is always intentional. I was involved in a thread where somebody was suggesting that British domination of GT'S was suspicious. Some other people jumped on and said "yeah!". I looked at the actual results, and discovered that if you define 'domination' by outright wins then whichever time frame you use the British do not dominate. Even if you limit it to the last 4 years, the Spanish and British are equal first.

Of course, 'domination' probably can't be purely defined as outright wins, but should probably include other placings, so I looked at GC (someone disputed this but it then became apparent they didn't know that GC tends to refer to top ten). What I found is that apart from two GT winners the British are almost totally absent from GC in all 3 GT'S. So on that basis, as much as I would like to be able to say that the British dominate GT cycling it is clear that they don't.

Somebody post a series of snide remarks starting with a sarcastic "good post" criticising the criteria I chose as a definition of 'domination', but failed to offer an alternative (what a surprise).

So, in a nutshell, there are a whole bunch of people coming at this issue from different angles. Some should be listened to and some ignored as idiots (on both sides). It is the internet, and there is no filter on it. People have perceptions....quite naturally...but you have to examine why they have them.

pastronef said:

the fuel is there anyway

"end of rant"

Where are people hoping "Alberto/Quintana/LazarusNibali beat the evil Froome."?

I haven't seen anyone here actually cheer against Froome on the road. On the contrary most of us want to see Froome put in another full genius performance precisely because full doped performances expose cycling for what it continues to be.

You are just upset that there are some berto and nibali fans in the prr section (ie totally different section of the forum) who hate Froome.

Well that's got absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Absolutely no one in this thread is cheering for any of those riders over Froome so take your teenage crush battles elsewhere, and let us continue with the on topic discussions here about the latest Sky lies.

May 26, 2009
Visit site

kwikki said:
pastronef said:
elduggo said:
pastronef said:

And Froome is doper #2?

ok, fine.

My thoughts?

I think you'd have to treat posters here on a case by case basis. Some are sincere, some are not. Some are using this topic as a vehicle to push a nationalist agenda (on both sides), but most are not. Some have a spurious grip on evidence based thought, some are more rigorous. Some are limited by their own lack of imagination, some are creative and lateral thinkers. Some exploit ill-defined concepts and fit the evidence to suit their bias (both sides again).

I take the point you are making, but I'm not sure it is always intentional. I was involved in a thread where somebody was suggesting that British domination of GT'S was suspicious. Some other people jumped on and said "yeah!". I looked at the actual results, and discovered that if you define 'domination' by outright wins then whichever time frame you use the British do not dominate. Even if you limit it to the last 4 years, the Spanish and British are equal first.

Of course, 'domination' probably can't be purely defined as outright wins, but should probably include other placings, so I looked at GC (someone disputed this but it then became apparent they didn't know that GC tends to refer to top ten). What I found is that apart from two GT winners the British are almost totally absent from GC in all 3 GT'S. So on that basis, as much as I would like to be able to say that the British dominate GT cycling it is clear that they don't.

Somebody post a series of snide remarks starting with a sarcastic "good post" criticising the criteria I chose as a definition of 'domination', but failed to offer an alternative (what a surprise).

So, in a nutshell, there are a whole bunch of people coming at this issue from different angles. Some should be listened to and some ignored as idiots (on both sides). It is the internet, and there is no filter on it. People have perceptions....quite naturally...but you have to examine why they have them.

Since when has this been the case?

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
What do you think it means when a GT rider says "I'm hoping to get on gc"?

What do riders and commentators mean when they refer to "GC riders" within a GT?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

kwikki said:
Oh ffs.

What do you think it means when a rider says "I'm hoping to get on gc"?

GC= General classification. You know for all the riders in the race.

TOP10 =TOP 10

So when did this: "GC tends to refer to top ten" come into being?

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
No idea. It just is what it is.

But if you think this is a central flaw to my analysis, then by all means extend the criteria to anyone who manages to finish a GT, and go and analyse the data and report back with your findings.

Off you pop....

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

sniper said:
Exactly. A pair of arm warmers to hide needle marks. What's the big deal?
"Been there done that", is what 90% of the propeloton thinks when seeing that. Oldest trick in the book.
Now we have Sky fans telling us the arm warmers are part of some large sponsor product placement conspiracy.[/quote]

Did you know that 68.7% of all quoted statistics are made up on the spot?

BYOP88 said:
kwikki said:
Oh ffs.

What do you think it means when a rider says "I'm hoping to get on gc"?

GC= General classification. You know for all the riders in the race.

TOP10 =TOP 10

So when did this: "GC tends to refer to top ten" come into being?

Another newbie bike fan who thinks GC is Top 10, lol. He probably didn't realize that the race was in operation prior to 2012 :lol:

The Hitch said:
pastronef said:

the fuel is there anyway

"end of rant"

I haven't seen anyone here actually cheer against Froome on the road. On the contrary most of us want to see Froome put in another full genius performance precisely because full doped performances expose cycling for what it continues to be.

You are just upset that there are some berto and nibali fans in the prr section (ie totally different section of the forum) who hate Froome.

Well that's got absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Absolutely no one in this thread is cheering for any of those riders over Froome so take your teenage crush battles elsewhere, and let us continue with the on topic discussions here about the latest Sky lies.

so why people posted a pic of Froome with long sleeves, instead of a pic of Quintana in long sleeves?
I have to find Quintana´s thread in 3rd page?
why Quintana wearing sleeves is less interesting than Froome doing the same? show me all the posts about Nairo´s rest day ride

pastronef said:
The Hitch said:
pastronef said:

the fuel is there anyway

"end of rant"

so why people posted a pic of Froome with long sleeves, instead of a pic of Quintana in long sleeves?
I have to find Quintana´s thread in 3rd page?
why Quintana wearing sleeves is less interesting than Froome doing the same? show me all the posts about Nairo´s rest day ride

Perhaps because Nario (whilst most likely doping) didn't have an absurd transformation like Froome, so Dawg gets extra attention. Atomic Jock Race winner to 2 time Tour winner.

Besides, Quintana got his share on Twitter about the long sleeves. He also kept long sleeves for the press conference:

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/07/photo-gallery-2016-tour-de-france-first-rest-day/

TRENDING THREADS