• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 841 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

thehog said:
BYOP88 said:
kwikki said:
Oh ffs.

What do you think it means when a rider says "I'm hoping to get on gc"?

GC= General classification. You know for all the riders in the race.

TOP10 =TOP 10

So when did this: "GC tends to refer to top ten" come into being?

Another newbie bike fan who thinks GC is Top 10, lol. He probably didn't realize that the race was in operation prior to 2012 :lol:

See my reply to BYOP.

Your attempt to inflame the discussion with insults is noted.

thehog said:
pastronef said:
The Hitch said:
pastronef said:
instead of talking about arm warmers and hoping Alberto/Quintana/LazarusNibali beat the evil Froome.

the fuel is there anyway

"end of rant"

:D

Where are people hoping "Alberto/Quintana/LazarusNibali beat the evil Froome."?

I haven't seen anyone here actually cheer against Froome on the road. On the contrary most of us want to see Froome put in another full genius performance precisely because full doped performances expose cycling for what it continues to be.

You are just upset that there are some berto and nibali fans in the prr section (ie totally different section of the forum) who hate Froome.

Well that's got absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Absolutely no one in this thread is cheering for any of those riders over Froome so take your teenage crush battles elsewhere, and let us continue with the on topic discussions here about the latest Sky lies.

so why people posted a pic of Froome with long sleeves, instead of a pic of Quintana in long sleeves?
I have to find Quintana´s thread in 3rd page?
why Quintana wearing sleeves is less interesting than Froome doing the same? show me all the posts about Nairo´s rest day ride

Perhaps because Nario (whilst most likely doping) didn't have an absurd transformation like Froome, so Dawg gets extra attention. Atomic Jock Race winner to 2 time Tour winner.

ah ok, fair. Nairo gets it a little easier from you all while he hides his needle marks with sleeves.
ah
wow
hahahahahahah

hahahahahahhahaha

pastronef said:
thehog said:
pastronef said:
The Hitch said:
pastronef said:
instead of talking about arm warmers and hoping Alberto/Quintana/LazarusNibali beat the evil Froome.

the fuel is there anyway

"end of rant"

I haven't seen anyone here actually cheer against Froome on the road. On the contrary most of us want to see Froome put in another full genius performance precisely because full doped performances expose cycling for what it continues to be.

You are just upset that there are some berto and nibali fans in the prr section (ie totally different section of the forum) who hate Froome.

Well that's got absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Absolutely no one in this thread is cheering for any of those riders over Froome so take your teenage crush battles elsewhere, and let us continue with the on topic discussions here about the latest Sky lies.

so why people posted a pic of Froome with long sleeves, instead of a pic of Quintana in long sleeves?
why Quintana wearing sleeves is less interesting than Froome doing the same? show me all the posts about Nairo´s rest day ride

Perhaps because Nario (whilst most likely doping) didn't have an absurd transformation like Froome, so Dawg gets extra attention. Atomic Jock Race winner to 2 time Tour winner.

ah ok, fair. Nairo gets it a little easier from you all while he hides his needle marks with sleeves.
ah
wow
hahahahahahah

hahahahahahhahaha

When Walsh writes a book about Quintana about how he "just lost the fat" etc. then he'll get lots more attention.

Its fairly straight forward. Beside why are you worried what I think? If you believe Froome is clean, then good for you, I admire your gullibility.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Mr.38% said:
I heard, needle marks disappear if you just drink enough.

#genius #logic #exposed
not if you screw up the injection. it can cause bruises.

otoh, i did hear somewhere that when it's 30 degrees outside your arms stay warm without arm warmers.

sniper said:
Mr.38% said:

#genius #logic #exposed

otoh, i did hear somewhere that when it's 30 degrees outside your arms stay warm without arm warmers.

If you look at the hi-res picture:

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/07/photo-gallery-2016-tour-de-france-first-rest-day/

Dawg has sweat at the base of his arm warmers, the salt has dried across the material, which clearly means its too hot to wear them.

Later on in the press conference the sweat salt marks are gone, meaning he changed them. Why not just take them off?

28b5ool.png

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

kwikki said:
No idea. It just is what it is.

But if you think this is a central flaw to my analysis, then by all means extend the criteria to anyone who manages to finish a GT, and go and analyse the data and report back with your findings.

Off you pop....

So Keldermerckx is the LottoNL guy for GC, agreed?

But by your logic if he finished outside the top 10, he's not a GC rider anymore.

thehog said:
sniper said:
Mr.38% said:

#genius #logic #exposed

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/07/photo-gallery-2016-tour-de-france-first-rest-day/

Dawg has sweat at the base of his arm warmers, the salt has dried across the material, which clearly means its too hot to wear them.

Later on in the press conference the sweat salt marks are gone, meaning he changed them. Why not just take them off?

wtf what are Greipel and Dani Moreno doing with their long sleeves!? just silly :D

pastronef said:
thehog said:
sniper said:
Mr.38% said:

#genius #logic #exposed

wtf what are Greipel and Dani Moreno doing with their long sleeves!? just silly :D

You mean Greipel who is not a GC contender nor climber doing a wheelie? The guy who rides at 8km per hour up a mountain?

Perhaps think about it for a moment before posting... :surprised:

So André got a refill as well, I'll ask him later in July in Neuss or when he's with us again.

In these days, I'd get my refill in the ankle.

Benotti69 said:
Froome no sleeves today (19 degrees celcius - rain), yesterday (20 degrees celcius - sun) riding with sleeves.

Of course nothing to see here.
Yesterday: P(avg) = 125W
Today P(avg) = 250W

And your "sweat" is a damn wrinkle...and where are the goose bumps on the legs? I'd had some if almost freezing liquid was circulating in mine.

On a serious note: Whatever happened on rest day, whatever magic SKY applies, the *** arm warmer story is a joke.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

BYOP88 said:
kwikki said:

But if you think this is a central flaw to my analysis, then by all means extend the criteria to anyone who manages to finish a GT, and go and analyse the data and report back with your findings.

Off you pop....

But by your logic if he finished outside the top 10, he's not a GC rider anymore.

You need to see my last reply to you.

Or have a look at Geraint Thomas's stage commentary here:

"With two big stages for the general classification riders following this one, I'm willing to put a lot of money on this being a day for the sprinters"

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/36648909

Who do you think he is referring to as 'general classification riders'?

By your interpretation it means anybody who intends to complete the Tour. It clearly doesn't mean that, so what do you think he means? Or do you just think he doesn't know what he is talking about, or is a...
another newbie bike fan who thinks GC is Top 10, lol. He probably didn't realize that the race was in operation prior to 2012 :lol:]

Re:

Mr.38% said:
So André got a refill as well, I'll ask him later in July in Neuss or when he's with us again.

Benotti69 said:
Froome no sleeves today (19 degrees celcius - rain), yesterday (20 degrees celcius - sun) riding with sleeves.

Today P(avg) = 250W

And your "sweat" is a damn wrinkle...and where are the goose bumps on the legs? I'd had some if almost freezing liquid was circulating in mine.

On a serious note: Whatever happened on rest day, whatever magic SKY applies, the **** arm warmer story is a joke.

Yes, but, Froome is climbing a mountain with his mouth closed and wearing arm warmers :rolleyes:

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

thehog said:
Mr.38% said:

Benotti69 said:

Today P(avg) = 250W

On a serious note: Whatever happened on rest day, whatever magic SKY applies, the **** arm warmer story is a joke.

Yes, but, Froome is climbing a mountain with his mouth closed and wearing arm warmers :rolleyes:

I've just Google imaged "Chris Froome Stage 9 2016". Every photo shows Froome with his mouth shut.

For those new to the sport, Froome is the one in the blue jersey with the big green M on it.

kwikki said:
BYOP88 said:
kwikki said:

Off you pop....

You need to see my last reply to you.

Or have a look at Geraint Thomas's stage commentary here:

"With two big stages for the general classification riders following this one, I'm willing to put a lot of money on this being a day for the sprinters"

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/36648909

Who do you think he is referring to as 'general classification riders'?

By your interpretation it means anybody who intends to complete the Tour. It clearly doesn't mean that, so what do you think he means? Or do you just think he doesn't know what he is talking about, or is a...
another newbie bike fan who thinks GC is Top 10, lol. He probably didn't realize that the race was in operation prior to 2012 :lol:]

To assist, Froome's book "The Climb" has a glossary at the back for newbie cycling fans, you can find the meaning for "GC" at the back. I've placed it here for your convenience :lol:

2ykcho5.jpg

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
So who do you think Thomas meant when he referred to "general classification riders"? Everybody? Why didn't he just say "riders".

You know the answer to this. I'm not wasting any more time on you. You are just rather desperately trying to derail the conversation away from the British not actually dominating GT cycling, whether that be top ten placement, or anybody who finishes.

If you have an actual fact-based point to make, then go ahead, but I suspect I won't be the only person not bothering to hold my breath.

Re:

kwikki said:
So who do you think Thomas meant when he referred to "general classification riders"? Everybody? Why didn't he just say "riders".

You know the answer to this. I'm not wasting any more time on you.

Wiki has a good reference for you also;

The general classification (or the GC) in bicycle racing is the category that tracks overall times for bicycle riders in multi-stage bicycle races. Each stage will have a stage winner, but the overall winner in the GC is the rider who has the fastest time when all the stage results are added together.

Shout out if you need any other help understanding the sport :rolleyes:

pastronef said:
The Hitch said:
pastronef said:

the fuel is there anyway

"end of rant"

Very simple. I can't believe you haven't actually grasped this. Froome is a much bigger celebrity than Nairo Quintana.

When Quintana has actually won the TDF, when he makes more money than Froome, when he has books and documentaries and wears the yellow jersey and is the favourite and has been nominated for world sportsman of the year, etc then you might actually be able to complain about Froome getting more attention.

Until then, maybe take a look at the world around you, or look into the history of cycling and other sports. Do you actually believe in the age of Merckx and Indurain and Armstrong the losers got equal attention? No? Well why should Quintana be getting as much attention? :eek:

pastronef said:
thehog said:
pastronef said:
The Hitch said:
pastronef said:

the fuel is there anyway

"end of rant"

ah
wow
hahahahahahah

hahahahahahhahaha

I'm sorry, you accused people of cheering for Nairo over Froome and thereby being hypocrites for hating one guy for doping while excusing another for the same.

But now it seems all you have is, people not posting in the Nairo thread.

And for the record, not posting in the Nairo thread/=/ cheering on Nairo against Froome.

So your initial accusation was totally false.

Have I got that correct?

thehog said:
pastronef said:
thehog said:
sniper said:
Mr.38% said:

#genius #logic #exposed

You mean Greipel who is not a GC contender nor climber doing a wheelie? The guy who rides at 8km per hour up a mountain?

Perhaps think about it for a moment before posting... :surprised:

after all the discussions about temperatures in Andorra (what was Froome doing with sleeves on rest day with 30 degrees?!) I was wondering how can Greipel and Moreno be ok with those sleeves

it´s a temperature question, since on twitter I saw the retweet talking about temperature.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

remember what tyler said.
Benotti69 said:
Tyler Hamilton talked about it in his book;

"I watched my blood bag slowly empty..."

"Everybody else was in shorts and short sleeves. The three of us, still chilled, kept our sweatsuits on."
it wasn't just to hide the needle marks. it was also to combat the chills he felt post-transfusing.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Was Froome wearing a tracksuit? And if he wasn't, what is the relevance of your Hamilton quote?

As a side-issue, are transfusions still in use?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Needles are used for a variety of things so you're right that the arm warmers do of course not necessarily suggest blood transfusions. (I brought it up in the context of Hamilton's statement)

But since you ask: Contador still transfused in 2010. Worked a charm. So I guess it's still in use.

and iinm, transfusions (or 'blood letting') can be used to *lower* your hematocrit if you're crossing 50.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

kwikki said:
Was Froome wearing a tracksuit? And if he wasn't, what is the relevance of your Hamilton quote?

As a side-issue, are transfusions still in use?

This might shock you, but I'm going to agree with you.

If Froome had just recently had a transfusion(not sure what time is press conference was, but wouldn't the transfusion have been done in the early morning/late afternoon/early evening and wanted to keep warm, wouldn't he have worn something warmer than sleeves?

TRENDING THREADS