• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 862 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
kwikki said:
Microchip said:
Cycling News article:
...strong winds from start to finish ... Quintana watched Froome disappear up the road in unlikely circumstances ...
Once again, no one seemed to have an answer as to why Froome was able to sneak away and gain time where it seemed improbable.

What's Froome got that they haven't is the question. He's got something. If it's something illicit, I'm pretty amazed it hasn't found its way round the peloton. It's been 5 years now.

It has been 5 years since Team Sky made its presentation to ASO prior to the race. No one has seen that presentation.

Brailsford was in San Francisco checking out genetics this year.

Armstrong won 7 in a row. All with the help if ASO and UCI. Sky seems to have a similar system. Brailsford and Froome allowed in to UCI Jury discussions!!!

Were they? Last time I checked, we still didn't know.

Frankly, in the parallel universe that is professional sports pretty much anything is possible. Worth remembering though, that Sky's rise started in 2011, pre-Cookson, and 2010 was a complete false start for them. There are very strong arguments for suspecting UCI collusion, but there are inconsistencies. If there is extra-special doping, then Collusion would be the necessary agent to give Sky the advantage.

I'm not certain we will ever know.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

thehog said:
Benotti69 said:
Any French speakers can give an accruate translation of this.

Itw de Lemond ds l'Equipe sur le problème des moteurs, ses doutes. Lance, Chris même cylindrée ?

Lemond: "les gains marginaux de la SKY, c'est que des conneries"

It is from L'Equipe today.

Apparently LeMond is calling BS on Froome and Sky's so called marginal gains.

Don't think it needs any great detail on translation;

Lemond: "the marginal gains from the SKY, this is bul1sh1t"…

you know, 500 tests... and now also 500 bike scans and on top of that - "independent" physio tests for the glossy magazine, showing that, as certain expert said, "engine was always there"

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

kwikki said:
gazr99 said:
Microchip said:
Would like to hear the entire discussion too!

Especially as only a few days ago they quoted a fan saying he took a photo of Froome's Garmin saying it read 175hr, didn't show the picture and it turned out it said kms

Welcome to the world of social media, and leaping to conclusions ;)

Yeah unfortunately they printed that in the paper :lol:

Re:

Tienus said:
Armstrong won 7 in a row. All with the help if ASO and UCI. Sky seems to have a similar system. Brailsford and Froome allowed in to UCI Jury discussions!!!

Could not agree more.

Meanwhile Mark Barfield and Sky head mechanic Gary Blem are discussing 50 grams of water vapour while Froome's bikes are being x-rayed.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-uses-x-ray-machine-to-search-for-mechanical-doping-at-the-tour-de-france/

Would have liked to see photos inside the tent.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

gazr99 said:
kwikki said:
gazr99 said:
Microchip said:
Would like to hear the entire discussion too!

Especially as only a few days ago they quoted a fan saying he took a photo of Froome's Garmin saying it read 175hr, didn't show the picture and it turned out it said kms

Welcome to the world of social media, and leaping to conclusions ;)

Yeah unfortunately they printed that in the paper :lol:

I think that demonstrates that there is a certain hysteria surrounding Froome. The narrative has grown it's own legs and is now running around wildly. :D

Understandable, but probably gets in the way of calm and accurate consideration.

doperhopper said:
thehog said:
Benotti69 said:
Any French speakers can give an accruate translation of this.

Itw de Lemond ds l'Equipe sur le problème des moteurs, ses doutes. Lance, Chris même cylindrée ?

Lemond: "les gains marginaux de la SKY, c'est que des conneries"

It is from L'Equipe today.

Apparently LeMond is calling BS on Froome and Sky's so called marginal gains.

Don't think it needs any great detail on translation;

Lemond: "the marginal gains from the SKY, this is bul1sh1t"…

you know, 500 tests... and now also 500 bike scans and on top of that - "independent" physio tests for the glossy magazine, showing that, as certain expert said, "engine was always there"

He just lost the fat, that is it.... :lol:

Microchip said:
Tienus said:

Could not agree more.

Meanwhile Mark Barfield and Sky head mechanic Gary Blem are discussing 50 grams of water vapour while Froome's bikes are being x-rayed.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-uses-x-ray-machine-to-search-for-mechanical-doping-at-the-tour-de-france/

Would have liked to see photos inside the tent.

"If you wash a bike and it still has water in it in the morning, it can weigh a little heavier than in the afternoon after the heat has evaporated the water. That can lower the final weight.

uh huh.....

At 18 atomic units, water vapor is lighter than diatomic Oxygen (32 units) and diatomic Nitrogen (28 units). Thus at a constant temperature, the more water vapor that displaces the other gases, the less dense that air will become. You may be familiar with the concept that moist air is less dense than dry air.

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site

thehog said:
Walkman said:
Saint Unix said:
Cnk4RAJWYAAL-Bk.jpg

Here's Poels being "so on the limit".

I get your point, SKY are freakish strong and it is boring as f*ck but that picture is clearly not a representation of Poels today. I did catch that precise footage during todays stage. He swept it and threw it away quickly. Lame attempt at stirring up Poels hate.

Nah, he took the can, placed on his bars, then opened it with one hand, then drank.... all whilst banging out 450w.

It's absurd. It was an illegal feed as well, as within the last 20km.

No. You cannot take food from the car/roadside within the last 20km. He carried it in his pocket so nothing illegal.

Also, if you race amateurs, you should know that if you're pulling at the front you have to appear like you're not hurting so you try to erase any plans for attacks.

So: this whole picture is fine, fits within a regular group.

What doesn't fit is that this guy is a domestique who pulls 6w/kg up the final hill where only the top 15 can follow. He humiliates Valverde and Ary (GT winners) by letting them take a mere 50metres only to be pulled back, doing the same with Bardet a little later only to accelerate to the top and pass it just ahead of the poor Frenchman.

Froome is exactly right with his comment: That kind of performance uphill neutralises every attack and prevents even more because it sucks to attack if you know you won't get away. What he doesn't add is how it's possible that Sky pulls that off not just yesterday but every day mountain stage this tour (and the previous ones).

Dumorain said:
thehog said:
Walkman said:
Saint Unix said:
Cnk4RAJWYAAL-Bk.jpg

Here's Poels being "so on the limit".

I get your point, SKY are freakish strong and it is boring as f*ck but that picture is clearly not a representation of Poels today. I did catch that precise footage during todays stage. He swept it and threw it away quickly. Lame attempt at stirring up Poels hate.

Nah, he took the can, placed on his bars, then opened it with one hand, then drank.... all whilst banging out 450w.

It's absurd. It was an illegal feed as well, as within the last 20km.

No. You cannot take food from the car/roadside within the last 20km. He carried it in his pocket so nothing illegal.

Also, if you race amateurs, you should know that if you're pulling at the front you have to appear like you're not hurting so you try to erase any plans for attacks.

So: this whole picture is fine, fits within a regular group.

What doesn't fit is that this guy is a domestique who pulls 6w/kg up the final hill where only the top 15 can follow. He humiliates Valverde and Ary (GT winners) by letting them take a mere 50metres only to be pulled back, doing the same with Bardet a little later only to accelerate to the top and pass it just ahead of the poor Frenchman.

Froome is exactly right with his comment: That kind of performance uphill neutralises every attack and prevents even more because it sucks to attack if you know you won't get away. What he doesn't add is how it's possible that Sky pulls that off not just yesterday but every day mountain stage this tour (and the previous ones).

He took the coke from a road ride support not from his back pocket. No one carries a can of coke in their back pocket as it tends to spray all over your face when you open it! The video and photo clearly show him receiving the drink from a support person on the side of the road.

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site

What's Froome got that they haven't is the question. He's got something. If it's something illicit, I'm pretty amazed it hasn't found its way round the peloton. It's been 5 years now.

I'm not sure he has something the rest doesn't have. Whatever it is: it just works extremely well on his physique. EPO also worked better for some than others. Not everybody gets a 10% power increase, some will hardly benefit, others are turned into mutants.

Also, I'm not sure it's a power thing. Sure he's silly strong but it's his weight that's amazing. Somehow he can lose weight and not lose power.

Re:

Tienus said:
I know why Sky got an email from the UCI for being the most cooperative in bike testing. According to this article Gary Blem personally brings the bike with nr 1 to the test center. I wonder if the team doctor personally drops of Froome's blood and urine samples at the doping lab.
http://www.zeit.de/sport/2016-07/tour-de-france-motordoping/komplettansicht

Yes Mr. UCI bike tester, this is the exact bike used in today's stage, that's why I brought it directly to you so you didn't have to come to us to find it :lol:

Re:

:D Comical automatic translation...are you sure they aren't admitting they're using motors? :D
Professionals can install not have worried, Corporate designers were not at work.
Since the Pyrenees stages they can in this tent, the wheels of the Tour de France participants ray. On hidden motors.
Tienus said:
I know why Sky got an email from the UCI for being the most cooperative in bike testing. According to this article Gary Blem personally brings the bike with nr 1 to the test center. I wonder if the team doctor personally drops of Froome's blood and urine samples at the doping lab.

What he doesn't add is how it's possible that Sky pulls that off not just yesterday but every day mountain stage this tour (and the previous ones).

And let's not forget that they manage to pull this off with different suites of riders. They are so much better at recruiting compared to the other teams.

Re:

Stopping my joking around now with the translation, this article looks very good, wish it could be properly translated! It looks like it's a good read!
Tienus said:

This is the bit I was talking about translated:
This works as follows: Gary Blem, the chief mechanic Chris Froome, brings the bike with the number 1 to the police tape. A UCI employee accepts it and bring it into the tent. A little later, several people jumping out of the tent. The X-rays now penetrate the carbon frame. Then the bike is pulled out again and returned Blem.

The article also mentions that for 7000 euros you can have a mini motor (5 cm) build in your frame in Varjas his bikeshop. According to a shop employee Eddy Mercx and Lemond both bought one. The shop also has a T-mobile bike from Vinokourov displayed which was a gift apparantly. Makes me wonder why they received a gift from Vino.

thehog said:
He took the coke from a road ride support not from his back pocket. No one carries a can of coke in their back pocket as it tends to spray all over your face when you open it! The video and photo clearly show him receiving the drink from a support person on the side of the road.
You wouldn't say "I'll take an illegal feed on a Thursday but not on a Sunday."

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Saint Unix said:
thehog said:
You wouldn't say "I'll take an illegal feed on a Thursday but not on a Sunday."
lol

those brailsfraudisms sure didn't age well

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Tienus said:
This is the bit I was talking about translated:
This works as follows: Gary Blem, the chief mechanic Chris Froome, brings the bike with the number 1 to the police tape. A UCI employee accepts it and bring it into the tent. A little later, several people jumping out of the tent. The X-rays now penetrate the carbon frame. Then the bike is pulled out again and returned Blem.

The article also mentions that for 7000 euros you can have a mini motor (5 cm) build in your frame in Varjas his bikeshop. According to a shop employee Eddy Mercx and Lemond both bought one. The shop also has a T-mobile bike from Vinokourov displayed which was a gift apparantly. Makes me wonder why they received a gift from Vino.

This Blem stuff is absolutely amazing. Is there anybody left who thinks UCI are genuinely looking for motors? They look an awful lot like facilitators.

Great stuff again, Tienus. The stuff you've unearthed in the past couple of weeks is absolutely baffling.
It's all consistent with motorized fraud at a quite sophisticated level and a governing body facilitating it by means of rigged testing and tipping potential cheats off.
Motorized fraud is taking place in the propeloton and it seems the UCI are in on it.

The only question i have is if somebody would lift the curtain would we see Cookson sucking Brailsford's *** or the other way around?