• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 907 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Just removed my tinfoil hat... "Froomey" has been riding what looks like the same rear wheel (durace) for the last few stages (including the one where he had his crisis). Anyway proves or disproves nothing, like most things here I guess...

Returning to the crash that wasn't because nobody saw it on TV and they watched very very closely multiple times and even if it really was it didn't make a damn bit of difference to the outcome of the stage, here's Larry Warbasse:
As soon as the flag was dropped to signal the start of racing, the pace was infernal. We went from a big road to a technical, gravel-covered, small, windy road, with numerous steep pitches.

Everyone was on their limit and a crash in one of the corners caused a split in the peloton, making it that much harder. On one of the risers, riders at the front accelerated behind the motorbike, which did not seem to move out of the way as it should, and from there a group of favourites disappeared up the road.

Then came another split behind, which numerous big names jumped across to.
<first to fixate on the motorbike wins a prize>

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Returning to the crash that wasn't because nobody saw it on TV and they watched very very closely multiple times and even if it really was it didn't make a damn bit of difference to the outcome of the stage, here's Larry Warbasse:
As soon as the flag was dropped to signal the start of racing, the pace was infernal. We went from a big road to a technical, gravel-covered, small, windy road, with numerous steep pitches.

Everyone was on their limit and a crash in one of the corners caused a split in the peloton, making it that much harder. On one of the risers, riders at the front accelerated behind the motorbike, which did not seem to move out of the way as it should, and from there a group of favourites disappeared up the road.

Then came another split behind, which numerous big names jumped across to.
<first to fixate on the motorbike wins a prize>

Nobody denied the crash, so calm down dear, it was questioned because it was Sky who were 1st to mention it. And they are so reliable when it comes to the truth. But i dont see many going on about it.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Well we bickered about this a bit in the Froome data thread.
It's obviously highly troubkesome and there is no reason to assume gsk work only with froome. I'd speculate that if you dig a little, you're gonna find gsk connected to many british Olympic medals. But whos gonna dig? British media? I'm sceptic there.
There is a strong Amgen smell to gsk.
Tthe EIS also comes into the picture here.
But it's all just a bit too much to think about at once.

Re: Re:

Cycle Chic said:
ebandit said:
.........surely team sky can afford alien thermo nuclear tech...in da dawgs bike?

Mark L

well thats why he isnt being caught

Dawg needs to go full mutant. Enough is enough. We haven't had an absurd performance from the mid-pack rider since PSM and Ventoux 2013 is becoming like an old claret. Dawg needs to push the button on the handlebars and break 7.00w p/kg.

thehog said:
Cycle Chic said:
ebandit said:
.........surely team sky can afford alien thermo nuclear tech...in da dawgs bike?

Mark L

Dawg needs to go full mutant. Enough is enough. We haven't had an absurd performance from the mid-pack rider since PSM and Ventoux 2013 is becoming like an old claret. Dawg needs to push the button on the handlebars and break 7.00w p/kg.
One last Pantani imitation - for old times sake? :D

thehog said:
Cycle Chic said:
ebandit said:

Mark L

and I hope he continues this way, griding his way and attacking downhill, yo-yoing and winning like on Pena Cabarga.
it´s nicer to see.

Re:

deeno1975 said:
Just removed my tinfoil hat... "Froomey" has been riding what looks like the same rear wheel (durace) for the last few stages (including the one where he had his crisis). Anyway proves or disproves nothing, like most things here I guess...

I love the mad idea that his unmarked wheel is obviously the motorized one.

As if it wouldn't be difficult to make copies of the decals if they really wanted to!

Re:

deeno1975 said:

He didn't really have a 'crisis' though did he? He was just caught daydreaming (and the rest of his team tucked up in bed and fast asleep) early in a stage by a brilliant move from a brilliant and experienced rider.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

simoni said:
deeno1975 said:

I love the mad idea that his unmarked wheel is obviously the motorized one.

As if it wouldn't be difficult to make copies of the decals if they really wanted to!

Sky while claiming to be masters of detail, have been proven to be shabby is lots of things.

Heck they were trying to get of Froome, before he lost his inner fat! :lol:

But there are questions as to why Froome races with unmarked wheels, when as you say they could just slap some decals on them. Maybe Shimano would sue if their decals where on motorwheels that they did not make!

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

thehog said:
Puckfiend said:
Yep..we need a cadence of 120 and a heartrate of 135 for old time's sake.

I was so much hoping the new iPhone 7 had thermal imagining built into the camera so would be fans could check for a motor on Dawg's bike. Maybe iPhone 8 can interplay heartrate over the thermal image?

;)

Froomey is going so fast you won't need the UCiPad or iPhone, the glow from the motor can be seen from space...

Classic Sky strategy for this year. Don't go full genius in mountains - save it for the TTs. You won't get some geeks posting mutant w/kg all over the place; you won't have to defend ridiculous images of dropping the best riders in the world with ease. Much simpler to just take minutes out of everyone in a TT and claim it's down to aerodynamics and marginal gains.

This was so obviously old school. Stragetically placed intake of fresh blood followed up by full mutant performance, which is completely out of sync with his actual form curve in the race. Today was every bit as mutant as Mont St.Michel, if not more, given the circumstances.

The question now is, if he has another bag left for tomorrow or not.

TRENDING THREADS