• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1048 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

red_flanders said:
hfer07 said:
nayr497 said:
Geraint suddenly becoming a GT rider has been bizarre to watch.

G has always been the plan B for GTs - but he's been unlucky. His answer on Froome's case hints he'll likely be the leader at the Tour.

Can you elaborate on “always”?

If he is the plan B, he will have to contract a disease plus develop asthma between now and next July

red_flanders said:
hfer07 said:
nayr497 said:

G has always been the plan B for GTs - but he's been unlucky. His answer on Froome's case hints he'll likely be the leader at the Tour.

A British team was meant to always prioritize British/UK riders above the rest. have you noticed G's dramatic/absurd improvement over the last years? He's always been next in line.

hfer07 said:
red_flanders said:
hfer07 said:
nayr497 said:

A British team was meant to always prioritize British/UK riders above the rest. have you noticed G's dramatic/absurd improvement over the last years? He's always been next in line.

I have, it's the dramatic/absurd that made me ask. I remember when it would have been comical that he'd be a GT rider.

Wait.

It still is. :D

veji11 said:
red_flanders said:
hfer07 said:
nayr497 said:

Since PORTE left.

Pleeeaaasseee...... LRP was never meant to be Froome's backup- that's the very reason he left SKY in the first place- he was done being Froomie's BFF & shadow while SKY was setting up G for the next chapter. can't blame him one bit.

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

70kmph said:
rote_laterne said:
70kmph said:
LeMonde Article

http://www.lemonde.fr/cyclisme/arti...che-avant-plusieurs-mois_5229561_1616656.html

Froome hasn't yet taken the lab test

Froome was instructed to take 3 puffs by his Doctor after the finish then go to the controls :eek:

But why would his "doctor" advise this and Froome follow that advise when he wasn't ill like he said after the stage (someone even posted a youtube link to the interview).

Also if it's right that his test results means 40 puffs how can 3 puffs right before doping control explain his test results? Also very unlikely that he took 3 puffs and didn't drink to reduce his dehydration.

His reason for this was to do the post race interview without coughing, being out of breath

Yes, thank you. But again it seems like he only remembered that recently:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-i-havent-broken-any-rules/
By Cycling News December 13, 2017 10:35pm
Updated: December 14, 2017 7:43pm

"The mere fact that journalists were asking me 'are you sick, are you battling something?' it meant they could see I was having problems breathing after the stage. I think it was clear to everyone I was very symptomatic at that time."

So everyone know about his problems after the stage (I'm sure if journalists realize his problems even more so staff of other teams) still he puffs before the TV interviews.

Also after the Dauphiné stage he said he uses Salbutamol before "big efforts" - so giving TV interviews all smiling while lying is a big effort for the greatest alien ever gracing this world.

Re:

Rollthedice said:
Interesting to note is that UCI did not specify the salbutamol level in Froome's sample only declaring that he was over the allowed max of 1000. Sky said it was 2000. Given that they are serial liers God knows how high was ze Dawg on salbutamol.

I don't know what to make of that.

• Are Sky trying to underplay it by saying its 2000 not (say) 3000 - if so why?
    OR are they saying its 2000 when its much lower - again, if so why?
    OR do they not know and are hanging Froome out to dry, again - why? It would hit the team.

http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-statement-christopher-froome/
The anti-doping control was planned and carried out by the Cycling Anti-Doping Foundation (CADF), the independent body mandated by the UCI, in charge of defining and implementing the anti-doping strategy in cycling.
Was this a special testing by CADF or a normal end of stage testing?

Rules for Vuelta 2017 have only this -
http://netstorage.lequipe.fr/ASO/cyclisme/la-vuelta/2017/reglements/V17-Rules-en-v3.pdf
Article 14. ANTI-DOPING
The anti-doping regulations of the ICU and the applicable legislation of the Nation of Spain are applied in their entirety. Daily anti-doping controls shall be performed using a specially equipped vehicle provided by the Organiser at the finish lines.

If you are interested, Armstrong has dedicated an entire podcast to the Dawg situation, starting off with “Why the *** would you do the Vuelta after you just won the Tour” :cool:

s5whae.jpg

thehog said:
If you are interested, Armstrong has dedicated an entire podcast to the Dawg situation, starting off with “Why the **** would you do the Vuelta after you just won the Tour” :cool:

s5whae.jpg

Thanks for the tip, Hog. Maybe not as polished as TDF Stages ... but understandable in a one off show. Teased open a few interesting angles. And the WTF ? , as an aside, was hilarious, yet valid. BTW, this was alluded to ... but not answered. Maybe it's already been covered over on Merck's thread ...haven't been there in a coupla days ... but ... how many Salbutomol "pills" ... at what dosage ... over what time period ... would easiliy bring you to 2000?

Re:

Rollthedice said:
Interesting to note is that UCI did not specify the salbutamol level in Froome's sample only declaring that he was over the allowed max of 1000. Sky said it was 2000. Given that they are serial liers God knows how high was ze Dawg on salbutamol.

Well, people in here go in circles instead of focusing on what is really interesting.

We all agree on Froome dopes.

What is left to uncover is, who is maintaining the "under the radar" status that he has at e.g. the UCI.

UCI still has a lot of answering to do; b-sample date, why did cookson say what he did, actual sal' level. These things would be nice to know.

Don't have the link as there is that many articles kicking about from last few days but will find and post but the doc (who apparently verified Froome's asthma at some point in the past) has waded in. Whilst he says he couldn't speak directly about froome (due to patient confidentiality), the article then majored on exercise-induced asthma (EIA). My reading would be that this is his diagnosis and they have extrapolated back that he always had it but it went undiagnosed until far later in his life (perhaps around 2014 :) ). This conveniently leaves open the 'always had it but no records' defence. It appears at odds with his public statements (had it since a child) however and again, that might be where those with enquiring minds look i.e. not NADOs but journos or even govt select committees...

edit for details below

the article states
"Furthermore, the British physician has objectively tested Froome and confirms the four-time Tour de France champion has asthma. Due to doctor/patient confidentiality, he is not able to divulge how severe Froome’s asthma is."
Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/12/news/explainer-salbutamol-asthma-and-what-comes-next-for-froome_453676#Dl6HeYKSIAG3zkKX.99

Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
As a Froome's fan, I will wait for UCI/WADA verdict.
But if he is finally banned I will place him between his great rivals, i.e. Contador and Valverde, in a Big Trash of Cycling Dopers and erase his palmaries from my memory.

Trouble with that is it's the racing that is remembered not so much the bans. The bans have become like water off a duck's back........barely noticeable. Just one race in the last 20 years the Tour, if it is used as a guide re the winners and podiums it makes for depressing reading and then you have the Menchov's in the Giro and Vuelta, Pantani and Heras, Rumsas, Gotti,Hesjedal and so on. A cast of many and if the most talented riders are doping what are the others doing ? If no one doped at all would a Contador still be winning, I think he would.

Many drug enforcement officials think the war on recreational drugs was lost year's ago, what governments see as a win is playing around the edges of the problem. I think sport is the same, sport is big business like drugs if nothing else and fame and winning are all the matters especially for the people at the top. There is no doubt that what has been found in Russia with doping is also being done in other countries. And if it is this bad now what was it like 40 years ago when drug authorities were so less vigilant ? If drugs in sport worried people that much they would not watch at all. Some people may do that but not many. Unfortunately people have accepted cheating in sport and that is the only way to keep watching.

TRENDING THREADS