• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1152 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
gillan1969 said:
ScienceIsCool said:
fmk_RoI said:
As I though. Proof that black is polka-dot orange with a twist of green.

Now plot that against number of days racing... Black and white all of a sudden become more recognizable.

John Swanson

I thought it was perhaps the colours of a new leaders jersey.....Best performing rider with (serious) ailments :D
Sponsored by Merck...

This guy, always changing a wheel!?! :cool:

Is Froome being target tested?

2s60t3a.jpg

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
What on earth is that even supposed to mean? How does a mechanical "hide how exposed he was"? What exposure? To what? From what?

Imagine this venerable journalist had actually watched the stage in question and seen Froome ride in with his buddy Bettiol: https://streamable.com/4lo92

Surely theres a headline in that? Froome looking for an "italian connection"?

Re:

hazaran said:
What on earth is that even supposed to mean? How does a mechanical "hide how exposed he was"? What exposure? To what? From what?

Imagine this venerable journalist had actually watched the stage in question and seen Froome ride in with his buddy Bettiol: https://streamable.com/4lo92

and above all the climate and the anger towards him in the peloton has to be unbearable, look at how Bettiol refused to talk with him and R.Dennis didnt even joke ;)

Why is Froome racing like a donkey from Barloworld
He's become a defiant anti-hero who is fighting an unfair system
Wrongly accused, Froome turned Lappartient into the bad guy and the WADA rules are simply a false accusation
He even followed those rules, is using due process
A substance that has no PE its the Code that needs changing because unfair
Great Hero is the victim of a hunt...

Re: Re:

ruamruam said:
thehog said:
TourOfSardinia said:
I for one am warming to this new Froome
more please.

New Froome? It’s the old Froome, pre-Vuelta transformation Dawg :geek:

I like him too, hopefully we’ll get to see some zig zagging up climbs again. Perhaps riding his TT bike into an official off the ramp?
And hanging onto motorbikes.

Froome in sandshoes finishing 27th in a time trial, I’d pay to see that. He’d be my number one cycling hero :cool:

pastronef said:
hazaran said:

and above all the climate and the anger towards him in the peloton has to be unbearable, look at how Bettiol refused to talk with him and R.Dennis didnt even joke ;)

You've got a sharp eye, P.

Bleak ... it's all looking very bleak.

Not to mention Manny Pacquiao's mum being there ... casting ang hand hex ... just before Dawg punctures. And ... and ... fomer Yankees 3rd base coach, Joe Espada ... flashing the signals. "Hit 'n run". And that's just a few. :eek:

pastronef said:
luckily the pro-cycling peloton is not twitter or the Clinic. a few riders and directeurs sportifs talked against Froome decision to ride, fair, I also would have preferred he trained at home.
but "all the anger" is on here, on the web, some fan on the road dressed as a ventolin puffer. and some strong newspapers articles.
pro-riders pedal and put their head down, and the peloton cant afford to be so vocal against one of its members. Fuglsang, as an example, explained he understood more about Froome´s situation after talking with him (people will say Fuglsang is a kunt or lying or whatever)
fans on the road luckily are the biggest part of people following. we on here and twitter are maybe the 1%, so our anger or support matters to us, not much out there.

Because there have been actual surveys that show only a few people are angry at Froome. And I expect you will post a link to one. One that doesn’t immediately broadcast its bias with the word “luckily”, or imply that one rider’s talking to Froome is proof of widespread acceptance, whereas literally dozens of people speaking out in the media—including one rider who claimed that most of the peloton is in fact opposed to what Froome is doing--are “maybe the 1%”.

and above all the climate and the anger towards him in the peloton has to be unbearable, look at how Bettiol refused to talk with him

Because you never, ever, ever talk to someone if you’re angry at him. Proof of communication is proof that no anger exists. Moreover, if one rider is not angry, it follows for certain that no other rider is. Just as that huge crowd cheering Trump in PA proves that only a handful of Americans--"maybe the 1%"--don’t like him.

fmk_RoI said:
Conclusion? he's getting more rubbish each year...in a couple of years, he won't even register.

Actually, the chances are very good he won’t register next spring.

ScienceIsCool said:
Now plot that against number of days racing... Black and white all of a sudden become more recognizable.

Might be time to start plotting TT speeds again, John. Let’s see what he does today.

Meanwhile, another stellar stage for Froome, another four minutes down, and did his part for road carnage:

A replay shows that Jensen came down after touching shoulders with Chris Froome

Re:

Merckx index said:
pastronef said:
luckily the pro-cycling peloton is not twitter or the Clinic. a few riders and directeurs sportifs talked against Froome decision to ride, fair, I also would have preferred he trained at home.
but "all the anger" is on here, on the web, some fan on the road dressed as a ventolin puffer. and some strong newspapers articles.
pro-riders pedal and put their head down, and the peloton cant afford to be so vocal against one of its members. Fuglsang, as an example, explained he understood more about Froome´s situation after talking with him (people will say Fuglsang is a kunt or lying or whatever)
fans on the road luckily are the biggest part of people following. we on here and twitter are maybe the 1%, so our anger or support matters to us, not much out there.

Because there have been actual surveys that show only a few people are angry at Froome. And I expect you will post a link to one. One that doesn’t immediately broadcast its bias with the word “luckily”, or imply that one rider’s talking to Froome is proof of widespread acceptance, whereas literally dozens of people speaking out in the media—including one rider who claimed that most of the peloton is in fact opposed to what Froome is doing--are “maybe the 1%”.

and above all the climate and the anger towards him in the peloton has to be unbearable, look at how Bettiol refused to talk with him

Because you never, ever, ever talk to someone if you’re angry at him. Proof of communication is proof that no anger exists. Moreover, if one rider is not angry, it follows for certain that no other rider is. Just as that huge crowd cheering Trump in PA proves that only a handful of Americans--"maybe the 1%"--don’t like him.

fmk_RoI said:
Conclusion? he's getting more rubbish each year...in a couple of years, he won't even register.

ScienceIsCool said:

Might be time to start plotting TT speeds again, John. Let’s see what he does today.

Meanwhile, another stellar stage for Froome, another four minutes down, and did his part for road carnage:

You’ve definitely got an itch, MI.

Your call on how much scratching is healthy. :)

Re:

rick james said:
Did you see why they touched shoulders? Did you see the road? Or are you still missing races but coming on to this forum to post about said missed races?

I simply quoted from the race report. Did I say why they touched shoulders? Did I blame it on anyone? Was there anything at all in my post that wasn’t factual? Or are you still coming to this forum to respond to any post which in your opinion is negative about Froome?

Re:

Merckx index said:
pastronef said:

fmk_RoI said:

ScienceIsCool said:

OK, MI ... let's run with it ... just for the hell of it.

whereas literally dozens of people speaking out in the media—including one rider who claimed that most of the peloton is in fact opposed to what Froome is doing.

So ... my question is ... who gives a ***?

Did Frazier like Ali?
Do the Mets like the Yanks?
Does Papelbom like Harper?

What's your point?

Science ... Social Science ... you're trying all the angles, that's for sure. Very thorough, I must say.

Alpe73 said:
Merckx index said:
pastronef said:

fmk_RoI said:

ScienceIsCool said:

whereas literally dozens of people speaking out in the media—including one rider who claimed that most of the peloton is in fact opposed to what Froome is doing.

So ... my question is ... who gives a ****?

Did Frazier like Ali?

What's your point?

Science ... Social Science ... you're trying all the angles, that's for sure. Very thorough, I must say.

MI has some points. The peloton disliking Froome's situation/position is not the same as direct competitors having antipathy. His larger argument is that Froome (never that likable to being with) in his current tack is taking cycling down further in the lay public consciousness: making it more of a joke. For those who know. Does he have many fans outside the jingoists?

Merckx index said:
rick james said:
Did you see why they touched shoulders? Did you see the road? Or are you still missing races but coming on to this forum to post about said missed races?

I simply quoted from the race report. Did I say why they touched shoulders? Did I blame it on anyone? Was there anything at all in my post that wasn’t factual? Or are you still coming to this forum to respond to any post which in your opinion is negative about Froome?

I cannot speak for RJ (altough I AM his attorney) ... but I think what he's getting at is this ...

There really is a lot of utter SHYTE perpetrated about Froome on this thread. I'm not even a Froome, Sky or Wiggins fan .. and I see that.

The ONLY thing that you've got on Froome is an AAF. That may change soon ... and there might be a ban. Fine. No worries for me ... and I'm sure, for RJ.

So ... in terms of quality, healthy discussion ... why not stick with quality arguments rather than the school yard tactics of ... "I was talking to someone ... can't say who, Rohan ... but (shhhh) ... but ... the boys don't like Chrissy; notawordofalie, my son.

aphronesis said:
Alpe73 said:
Merckx index said:
pastronef said:

fmk_RoI said:

ScienceIsCool said:

Did Frazier like Ali?

What's your point?

MI has some points. The peloton disliking Froome's situation/position is not the same as direct competitors having antipathy. His larger argument is that Froome (never that likable to being with) in his current tack is taking cycling down further in the lay public consciousness: making it more of a joke. For those who know. Does he have many fans outside the jingoists?

What would Jesus do? What would Sweet *** Willie say? :geek:

Merckx index said:
rick james said:

You claimed he caused road carnage yet you never saw the race or know why they bumped shoulders

Alpe73 said:
aphronesis said:
Alpe73 said:
Merckx index said:
pastronef said:

fmk_RoI said:

ScienceIsCool said:

Did Frazier like Ali?

What's your point?

Not the point really. It's not a matter of what they would do as he's not either. He was always toxic in a disquieting way for the casual and he's doing no one any favors. Jesus and Slick had a fan base.

aphronesis said:
Alpe73 said:
aphronesis said:
Alpe73 said:

Did Frazier like Ali?

What's your point?

Not the point really. It's not a matter of what they would do as he's not either. He was always toxic in a disquieting way for the casual and he's doing no one any favors. Jesus and Slick had a fan base.

OK ... I'm dropping the Jesus allusion. Team is on the ropes, anyways.
Sweet *** Willie ... not Slick *** Willie. Goes back to allusive dig some months ago. SDW's response to BO's rally cry to boycott Zal's.

"Toxic in a disquieting way." Are we talking ... Sarin .... or maybe ..... Ricin? Fuckin RiceaRoni???

Alpe73 said:
Merckx index said:
rick james said:

I'm not even a Froome, Sky or Wiggins fan .. and I see that.
You sure are very passionate for a non-fan
If you're not a fan why do you come here day after day to argue for hours with critics of Team Sky & Froome.
And why do you choose to use funny words and jokes in a mocking manner over coherent arguments.

TRENDING THREADS