• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1154 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
pastronef said:
red_flanders said:
pastronef said:
Cycle Chic said:
https://twitter.com/damienhef/status/972975802575933443

This video is so cringeworthy it’s funny. The two most forced coughs you’ll ever see. If this is the best his PR team can come up with.**** the Hypocrisy added,

The coughs are from the ridiculous amount of asthma inhalations he's taking....not a nervous rehearsed cough...he coughs as soon as he gets over the finish line so its not rehearsed.

Andalucia coughing after the effort last month (not interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcLwh2nGbGI

TDF 2008 coughing aftre the TT effort (interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=265&v=NttM0p8Q_yU

I have video of myself coughing after a criterium. I must have asthma. Come on folks.

I was replying to people talking of "fake coughing" during the Tirreno interview. I posted him coughing after Andalucia and in TDF 2008. that does not mean he has asthma, but calling it "fake coughing" :lol:
I cough too after a strong and long effort.

me too and i dont have asthma either! i would say many people would have similar brief bouts of coughing after a hard effort; i dont know if he was faking the coughing or not, either way its no proof of an illness

pastronef said:
red_flanders said:
pastronef said:
Cycle Chic said:
https://twitter.com/damienhef/status/972975802575933443

This video is so cringeworthy it’s funny. The two most forced coughs you’ll ever see. If this is the best his PR team can come up with.**** the Hypocrisy added,

The coughs are from the ridiculous amount of asthma inhalations he's taking....not a nervous rehearsed cough...he coughs as soon as he gets over the finish line so its not rehearsed.

Andalucia coughing after the effort last month (not interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcLwh2nGbGI

TDF 2008 coughing aftre the TT effort (interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=265&v=NttM0p8Q_yU

I have video of myself coughing after a criterium. I must have asthma. Come on folks.

I was replying to people talking of "fake coughing" during the Tirreno interview. I posted him coughing after Andalucia and in TDF 2008. that does not mean he has asthma, but calling it "fake coughing" :lol:
I cough too after a strong and long effort.

Fair enough! Cheers.

Re:

macbindle said:
Maybe he actually had a cough. Ive got one at the moment too :rolleyes:

Look, I'm certain Froome is the dodgiest rider out there, but this is getting silly.

Look into his eyes ... not around his eyes .... but look into his eyes ... when he coughs.
Hmmmmm .... fake cough if I ever saw one.
Non asthmatic. Next!
The doctor is in. :geek:

Re: Re:

Alpe73 said:
macbindle said:
Maybe he actually had a cough. Ive got one at the moment too :rolleyes:

Look, I'm certain Froome is the dodgiest rider out there, but this is getting silly.

Look into his eyes ... not around his eyes .... but look into his eyes ... when he coughs.
Hmmmmm .... fake cough if I ever saw one.
Non asthmatic. Next!
The doctor is in. :geek:

Brailsfrawd only has to look into people's eyes to tell if they're telling the truth or not, so perhaps you are on to something.

Re:

danielovichdk2 said:
I have come to wonder if Froome already had a deal with the UCI/WADA before his AAF was leaked. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Anyone else who think that could be a possibility ?

I mean for what we know about te UCI, everything is possible. But now that it's known to the public, they can't just pretend that nothing happened... :D

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
danielovichdk2 said:
I have come to wonder if Froome already had a deal with the UCI/WADA before his AAF was leaked. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Anyone else who thinks that could be a possibility ?
Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility
http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/3933/lance-armstrong-on-froome-case-something-is-not-right-about-the-way-this-unfolded

'Who benefits from whatever is going on here, because 100% there is some sort of political agenda that’s getting played out, and Chris Froome and Sky, and for that matter all the other teams and all the other riders, all the mechanics, the cooks, the secretary that works in the office and sends people the paperwork, they are all getting thrown under the bus by this political agenda.'

Corrupt deal with Cookson for the UCI to make the AAF 'disappear', then shock loss of Cookson to Lappartient in the UCI election, no one left to cover it up, somebody within Sky with a "political agenda" goes to Le Monde and The Guardian newspapers

Or it could all be a coincidence and conspiracy theory by Lance ;)

Hey CL. Can you please point to the part/sections that supports your notion that "Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility" ... that Froome 'had a deal with' UCI/WADA re his AAF.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Alpe73 said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
danielovichdk2 said:

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/3933/lance-armstrong-on-froome-case-something-is-not-right-about-the-way-this-unfolded

'Who benefits from whatever is going on here, because 100% there is some sort of political agenda that’s getting played out, and Chris Froome and Sky, and for that matter all the other teams and all the other riders, all the mechanics, the cooks, the secretary that works in the office and sends people the paperwork, they are all getting thrown under the bus by this political agenda.'

Corrupt deal with Cookson for the UCI to make the AAF 'disappear', then shock loss of Cookson to Lappartient in the UCI election, no one left to cover it up, somebody within Sky with a "political agenda" goes to Le Monde and The Guardian newspapers

Hey CL. Can you please point to the part/sections that supports your notion that "Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility" ... that Froome 'had a deal with' UCI/WADA re his AAF.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Alpe. Yeah we get it. Once again, someone's interpretation of words is incorrect and you know all. It has gotten pretty old long ago.

spetsa said:
Alpe73 said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
danielovichdk2 said:

Thanks in advance.

Hey Alpe. Yeah we get it. Once again, someone's interpretation of words is incorrect and you know all. It has gotten pretty old long ago.

Spetsa ... you misread, terribly, who I am. Like you ... I have an opinion. Obviously, you don't like my opinions. Fine, I can live with that ...we're just bantering on a forum, nothing more.

For some reason ... you think I'm trying to stick it to you. Not really.

Anyway ... have tried to reach out to you before ... to no avail. So I'm finished with this. Think what you like. I'm not going anywhere, bro.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Alpe73 said:
spetsa said:
Alpe73 said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
danielovichdk2 said:

Thanks in advance.

Spetsa ... you misread, terribly, who I am. Like you ... I have an opinion. Obviously, you don't like my opinions. Fine, I can live with that ...we're just bantering on a forum, nothing more.

For some reason ... you think I'm trying to stick it to you. Not really.

Anyway ... have tried to reach out to you before ... to no avail. So I'm finished with this. Think what you like. I'm not going anywhere, bro.

We know YOU are not going anywhere. What role do you think your new found posting style may have in others going elsewhere? Or is that your intention?

Re:

yaco said:
Is this the December 21 podcast by Armstrong ? If so, I question why anyone would link it three months later.

Yes it is. I watched it back then. I did not once get the notion that he or Dylan Casey were implying that Froome was cutting a deal. To the contrary ... they seemed sympathetic to Froome’s plight vis a vis the leak, etc. But that’s just my read of it all.

Greg Henderson who Froome used to give up his wheel has some words for the Dawg:

"What I can't understand is that Chris Froome has tested higher for salbutamol than any guy we've ever heard of and all the others received bans.

"They're talking Chris Froome not getting a ban and that doesn't make any sense to me."

One of the reasons why Henderson signed with Team Sky in 2010 was because of their strong anti-doping policy.

"That was the thing, there were be barely cough mixture or medication for colds given out," Henderson said.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/102156081/greg-henderson-questions-ethics-of-his-former-outfit-team-sky

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
Myself I wonder why Lance doesn't give much credence to another possibility: a turncoat leaker from within Sky itself. Because Sky knew about the AAF last September, and the leak to the two newspapers was in December. Is it mere coincidence that one major newspaper is British and the other French? That's another thing Lance doesn't mention. Well, one motive would be maximum bilingual media exposure, but another could be to obscure the nationality of the leaker.

I think that's pretty straightforward. Lance has been railing against the French since 1999, when French papers wrote that he was a doper. They've been "out to get him" and apparently now other english-speaking riders forever. Accusing Sky doesn't fit his agenda.

He may actually find the Sky story far less plausible, which I would agree with wholeheartedly. Possible, sure. Seems far less likely given the timing and potential motivations.

Well if you want to make fun of Armstrong take it to that thread - Anyway that particular video has previously been discussed in this thread or another thread - It's not rocket science to suggest the leak was politically motivated and I have my own thoughts as to why.

TRENDING THREADS