• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1298 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Quite the coinsidence this data dropped right when everyone is talking the sal case. Now again they've managed to spread out the attention/focus. Classic transparency from SKY. Chapeau.

Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
thehog said:
MatParker117 said:

Finestre a), b) and c) the dudes heartrate didn’t break 155. I also note they kept in their infamous 6% variance and upped his weight like on PSM.

Where does the suggestion they upped his weight come from?

And reference the power readings, i understood it to be pretty much universally acknowledged that osymetric chainrings give artificially high readings in this range?

and HR...considering his max on the day was 159, 'only' getting to 155 during a 16 second attack is completely consistent with that. 16 seconds is unlikely long enough to reach max HR.

Because he simply doesn’t weigh that much due to what he has stated in the past.

I would also add phase 6, 126W avg and gaining 45" on Dumolin? or 10% of time? Huh?? :cool:

It all started a few weeks back with BBC to be honest as Brailsford & Kerrison went through Stage 19's plan in detail and this months instalment goes into the nutrition, weight loss and watts side to it too.
The level of detail they go to is pretty impressive. I know it's simply down to having depth of staff to deliver all this detail, but it's pretty unique to any cycling team i've read about that's for sure.

thehog said:
brownbobby said:
thehog said:
MatParker117 said:

Finestre a), b) and c) the dudes heartrate didn’t break 155. I also note they kept in their infamous 6% variance and upped his weight like on PSM.

And reference the power readings, i understood it to be pretty much universally acknowledged that osymetric chainrings give artificially high readings in this range?

and HR...considering his max on the day was 159, 'only' getting to 155 during a 16 second attack is completely consistent with that. 16 seconds is unlikely long enough to reach max HR.

Because he simply doesn’t weigh that much due to what he has stated in the past.

I would also add phase 6, 126W avg and gaining 45" on Dumolin? or 10% of time? Huh?? :cool:

Funny, everyone was saying how chubby he looked in the Giro when it suited the narrative at that point (ie. he couldn't keep weight off anymore because he'd had to quit the Salbutamol), i never knew weight was constant :confused:

Section 6 was a descent...average power is as irrelevant as can be :confused: :confused:

thehog said:
brownbobby said:
thehog said:
MatParker117 said:

And his cadence is high, heartrate low, what’s producing the load? What a bizarre set of numbers.

Re:

samhocking said:
It all started a few weeks back with BBC to be honest as Brailsford & Kerrison went through Stage 19's plan in detail and this months instalment goes into the nutrition, weight loss and watts side to it too.
The level of detail they go to is pretty impressive. I know it's simply down to having depth of staff to deliver all this detail, but it's pretty unique to any cycling team i've read about that's for sure.

Sam, how did they miss the fact that if he "just lost the fat" they would have a world beater on their hands?

brownbobby said:
thehog said:
brownbobby said:
thehog said:
MatParker117 said:

Funny, everyone was saying how chubby he looked in the Giro when it suited the narrative at that point (ie. he couldn't keep weight off anymore because he'd had to quit the Salbutamol), i never knew weight was constant :confused:

Section 6 was a descent...average power is as irrelevant as can be :confused: :confused:

If you bothered to read they removed the zeros, so again 125w to gain 45” on a heavier rider. Bizarre. Even more bizarre than the WADAs findings ;)

thehog said:
thehog said:
brownbobby said:
thehog said:
MatParker117 said:

And his cadence is high, heartrate low, what’s producing the load? What a bizarre set of numbers.

Gosh...you really are beginning to sound desperate.

TBH, if you were saying that these numbers look almost too perfect, too consistent, i might have more inclination to believe something was amiss...but as data relative to witnessed performance goes its as consistent a set of numbers as you will ever see.

thehog said:
And Froome is now glad all the “truth” has finally been revealed :cool:

25r0zzd.jpg
Aren’t we all? An innocent man free to ride

If you bothered to read they removed the zeros, so again 125w to gain 45” on a heavier rider. Bizarre. Even more bizarre than the WADAs findings ;)[/quote]

Ive read it thanks...the only way you can make any kind of judgement is if you've got Dumoulins power to compare. Have you?

And spells at zero power, ie when he's taking best possible lines through corners in the best possible position will be where he made up most of the time on the descent. So it makes perfect sense.

Do you really think that the man who puts the most power out on a descent gets to the bottom quickest :confused:

More power is generally a sign that you're slowing down more into the corners, therefore having to power out of them more. That is guaranteed to be the slowest way to get down a mountain. Its probably what could be described as descending like an old lady. Where have we heard that phrase before :D

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site

gillan1969 said:
Sam, how did they miss the fact that if he "just lost the fat" they would have a world beater on their hands?

I don't see how they will ever answer this one. With all their expertise, somehow they completely missed that the World's Greatest doper, sorry, GT rider was riding for them while they were trying to offload him thinking he was a donkey.

Now why could that be?

Winterfold said:
gillan1969 said:

I don't see how they will ever answer this one. With all their expertise, somehow they completely missed that the World's Greatest doper, sorry, GT rider was riding for them while they were trying to offload him thinking he was a donkey.

Now why could that be?

He is heavier than at the time of the Swart test but stronger? :confused:

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
....and to add, 5.91 w/kg for 1hr 4mins on Finestre with an ave BPM of 145? Jesus Christ :eek:

This seems weird at first but I race against quite a few people who have MHR in the high 140s. They are elite amateurs/domestic pro level. Some people just have big hearts so on its own it isnt that suspiscous. It's just with Froome its combined with loads of other indicators which we have come to know and love...

Winterfold said:
thehog said:
....and to add, 5.91 w/kg for 1hr 4mins on Finestre with an ave BPM of 145? Jesus Christ :eek:

This seems weird at first but I race against quite a few people who have MHR in the high 140s. They are elite amateurs/domestic pro level. Some people just have big hearts so on its own it isnt that suspiscous. It's just with Froome its combined with loads of other indicators which we have come to know and love...

Having a max HR of around 150-160 isn't unusual in elite sport. 145bpm is putting him at 129-144bpm as his anaerobic threshold, so basically he climbed at his maximum end of sustainable power for the hour which is as perfect and efficient as you could ride it. He wasn't going into VO2 Max at all that's for sure.

TRENDING THREADS