• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1302 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

thehog said:
topcat said:
Forget about the giro data. That's just Sky trying to get ppl to talk about something other than the way sky bought their way out of the aaf.

LRP agrees:

Team Sky gave the BBC access to a series of documents and data that apparently revealed how Froome lost weight during the first part of the Giro d’Italia, the calories he consumed and his power output on key stages, including his victories ride over the Colle delle Finestre when he took the pink jersey. The data was published two days after WADA dropped their investigation into Froome’s Adverse Analytical Finding for salbutamol

“I think it’s fake news,” Porte said dismissively.

Sometimes I like to read the full article rather than just a quote.....I find context so important ;)

And apparently this is the start of LRP's mind games..
..good luck with that Richie. Half the cycling world has been doing that since December. Froome's winning :D

The BBC Bespoke data drop is basically a multi-faceted advertorial for SIS products. Subtle, but still an advertorial for SIS nonetheless.
BBC get a good? story out of it and clicks, SIS get to advertise for free. It's bloody subtle how they've done it. Began on the Cycling Podcast with Brailsford & Kerrison talking it all through a bit more nerdy and enthusuastically than the data drop, then drip fed a more dumbed down version to last months BBC Bespoke and now the big data drop and BBC Podcast hiding the fact its all just advertising SIS. The best marketing is subtle and this is evident because most people are not talking seeing it as an advert. Obviously the haters see it nonsense, Porte sees it as fake, which it is, from his perspective as he doesn't need any SIS products or nutrition strategy tips. For fans they'll buy SIS and for the man on the street, he will see SIS products in the shop next time he's cycling London-Brighton and pick SIS. Very subtle, very clever, but the best marketing is and SIS are rather good at it I must say.

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
samhocking said:
The BBC Bespoke data drop is basically a multi-faceted advertorial for SIS products. Subtle, but still an advertorial for SIS nonetheless.
BBC get a good? story out of it and clicks, SIS get to advertise for free. It's bloody subtle how they've done it. Began on the Cycling Podcast with Brailsford & Kerrison talking it all through a bit more nerdy and enthusuastically than the data drop, then drip fed a more dumbed down version to last months BBC Bespoke and now the big data drop and BBC Podcast hiding the fact its all just advertising SIS. The best marketing is subtle and this is evident because most people are not talking seeing it as an advert. Obviously the haters see it nonsense, Porte sees it as fake, which it is, from his perspective as he doesn't need any SIS products or nutrition strategy tips. For fans they'll buy SIS and for the man on the street, he will see SIS products in the shop next time he's cycling London-Brighton and pick SIS. Very subtle, very clever, but the best marketing is and SIS are rather good at it I must say.

Presumed advertorial, Sam. Presumed.

chuuurles said:
This DATA DROP right after Froome's case being dropped is a nice distraction from the reasoned decision not being released eh :rolleyes:

To me it actually makes for even worse PR. The optics of this are let's try to manipulate everyone even more. Also with how long it took to release, is there any reason to believe the date wasn't tampered/manipulated before they released it?

chuuurles said:
This DATA DROP right after Froome's case being dropped is a nice distraction from the reasoned decision not being released eh :rolleyes:
I'm not sure where you studied law but didn't they teach you basics such as if the case is chucked out there is no decision, reasoned or otherwise, and thence nothing to publish?

Or are you suggesting that the UCI should have continued with the case for another few months, just so as Haas would have the time to reach a decision and write it up, showing why they lost?

samhocking said:
Number of times Sam mentions the sponsor's name in 192 words? Nine. It's almost like he was being paid...but no one's that dumb. To pay him, I mean.

fmk_RoI said:
chuuurles said:
I'm not sure where you studied law but didn't they teach you basics such as if the case is chucked out there is no decision, reasoned or otherwise, and thence nothing to publish?

Or are you suggesting that the UCI should have continued with the case for another few months, just so as Haas would have the time to reach a decision and write it up, showing why they lost?

But there is a decision on why it was dropped. They need to release the information otherwise it leads to belief of a coverup.

fmk_RoI said:
samhocking said:
Number of times Sam mentions the sponsor's name in 192 words? Nine. It's almost like he was being paid...but no one's that dumb. To pay him, I mean.

I would have to agree. It’s a really odd way of writing the post, like a chatter bot or an affiliate marketing post (which is banning offense).

thehog said:
topcat said:
Forget about the giro data. That's just Sky trying to get ppl to talk about something other than the way sky bought their way out of the aaf.

LRP agrees:

Team Sky gave the BBC access to a series of documents and data that apparently revealed how Froome lost weight during the first part of the Giro d’Italia, the calories he consumed and his power output on key stages, including his victories ride over the Colle delle Finestre when he took the pink jersey. The data was published two days after WADA dropped their investigation into Froome’s Adverse Analytical Finding for salbutamol

“I think it’s fake news,” Porte said dismissively.

Except of course youve decided to use that quote massively out of context ...

If you read the whole article you'll also see:

“I think it’s fake news,” Porte said dismissively. “I think they put it out there in the hope that people will under fuel. But we’re all pros, we know how to fuel, we don’t need to read online what Sky say they’re doing. We’ve been doing this long enough to know how to eat.”

So nothing about distracting from the ruling.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

TheSpud said:
Benotti69 said:
https://twitter.com/jair1970/status/1013902721022382083

If most sport was remotely PED free, you would have a succession of champions and stars banging the drum as loud as possible, all the time, to protect their status against cheating rivals. You don't get that and it's fairly obvious why

Froome bangs his own drum and calls out lack of testing.

Yes, he did when leaving Tenerife after he'd done all his doping. :lol:

Have yet to see Froome calls for improved motor testing...... :rolleyes:

Brian Butterfield said:
samhocking said:

Presumed advertorial, Sam. Presumed.

Unfortunately I'm married to an Online Magazine Editor, so I know exactly how it all works unfortunately. Bores the crap out of me, but that's how she saw it.

That Ross Tucker ScienceofSport read my wife's mind the fu**er!

That was mine (hers) idea!
sis.png

fmk_RoI said:
samhocking said:

I work in the concrete industry. You're thinking too much into it, my god! This place is off it's head, but so am I, so all good!

Escarabajo said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Major Tom
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dumoulin-criticises-handling-of-chris-froome-salbutamol-case/
Nobody deserves to be showered with urine. Froome does not deserve that,... "I think I'm going to ride a place – or five places – behind him. A spray like that can easily miss the target."
simpatico :)
LOL. :D
Nobody deserves that. HOWEVER ;) I'll seat further behind in case that happens.

He is going to be dropped if he does that! :D

Leave it Sky to discover a golden shower could be a marginal gain

Froome can drop Dumoulin anytime he wishes, whether is be on a flat road with cobbles, uphill, downhill, or any kind of terrain really, in any situation. What will really happen, however, is you'll see Froome fake being tired, or fake getting dropped and losing 5-10 seconds at the top of an HC climb. Then, Froome will magically have a great day and put the rest of the pretenders to shame. TDF #5 is in the bag.

Huapango said:
Froome can drop Dumoulin anytime he wishes, whether is be on a flat road with cobbles, uphill, downhill, or any kind of terrain really, in any situation. What will really happen, however, is you'll see Froome fake being tired, or fake getting dropped and losing 5-10 seconds at the top of an HC climb. Then, Froome will magically have a great day and put the rest of the pretenders to shame. TDF #5 is in the bag.

Wouldn't shock me. He's basically been told he can do whatever he wants without punishment.

Koronin said:
Huapango said:

Wouldn't shock me. He's basically been told he can do whatever he wants without punishment.

oh really? who told him he can basically do what ever he wants?

https://www.teamsky.com/article/chris-froome-writes-in-le-monde

Another attempt to rewrite history from Froomie. He had the opportunity to air his thoughts under scrutiny at the opening press conference but his answers there were short, aprupt and unconvincing. His body language there simply screamed 'please move off this subject'. It is clear that he is worried about fan reaction on the roadside and his PR team has decided to release this statement for him aimed at soothing the hostile reception.

When you're explaining you're losing.

Re:

ontheroad said:
https://www.teamsky.com/article/chris-froome-writes-in-le-monde

Another attempt to rewrite history from Froomie. He had the opportunity to air his thoughts under scrutiny at the opening press conference but his answers there were short, aprupt and unconvincing. His body language there simply screamed 'please move off this subject'. It is clear that he is worried about fan reaction on the roadside and his PR team has decided to release this statement for him aimed at soothing the hostile reception.

When you're explaining you're losing.
#DawgSplaining

TRENDING THREADS