• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1304 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Benotti69 said:
Blanco said:
thehog said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Tim Booth said:
UCI statement

Q&A response to public comments on the proceedings involving Mr. Froome
http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/response-public-comments-the-proceedings-involving-froome/
a somewhat depressing read
:(

It was. The UCI looked to WADA for guidance, didn’t get much back, then were told by WADA that a PK study wasn’t needed, lowered the reading, then blamed the UCI for delays and walked away from the case.

Clear that Sky we’re working the Reedie/WADA angle to make this one go away. Smart play by SDB and Froome.

They weren't the major players in this game, Murdoch junior pulled the strings...

Murdoch Jnr rang Daddy......who pulled strings......

ok, where is the proof of that, you are so convinced of this claim i'm sure you can back it up

Lappartient now stating that he needs Froome's permission to release the evidence submitted. This after Brailsford saying yesterday it was down to the UCI and WADA as to whether it was made public. Lappartient putting the ball back into Sky's court, it would help now if they fulfill their repeated claims of openness and transparency.

It does show just how limp that the UCI have been in this entire process, it is the tail wagging the dog.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Of course.. they (uci/wada) cant release s... just because Brailsford/Froome is pretending transparency in media. They would burn in court. Lappy has to find excuses/pretend to be tough, and I wouldnt be surprised if he loathed sky (also for wrong reasons). This is a circus though, so very fitting for the Tour. Wonder if the drama will continue after grand depart. I reckon most will crawl back into their holes. Look a mountain!!!!!!

Tim Booth said:
UCI statement

http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/response-public-comments-the-proceedings-involving-froome/

Interesting read. What first struck me was how quick Team Froome were in responding/providing information, and how (relatively) slow UCI/Wada were in responding to requests for information. It seems that once information was provided the decision was relatively quick and straightforward...so much for the 1500 pages of diversionary nonsense.

I wonder if those bemoaning Froome for deliberately dragging out the case will rethink and apologise?

Ha ha...who am I kidding, of course they won't. My guess is Rupert Murdoch phoned Donald Trump who phoned up the UCI and told them they had to release this completely fabricated version of events :cool:

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
brownbobby said:
Tim Booth said:
UCI statement

Interesting read. What first struck me was how quick Team Froome were in responding/providing information, and how (relatively) slow UCI/Wada were in responding to requests for information. It seems that once information was provided the decision was relatively quick and straightforward...so much for the 1500 pages of diversionary nonsense.

I wonder if those bemoaning Froome for deliberately dragging out the case will rethink and apologise?

Ha ha...who am I kidding, of course they won't. My guess is Rupert Murdoch phoned Donald Trump who phoned up the UCI and told them they had to release this completely fabricated version of events :cool:

Lol Carlton ;)

Re:

ontheroad said:
Lappartient now stating that he needs Froome's permission to release the evidence submitted. This after Brailsford saying yesterday it was down to the UCI and WADA as to whether it was made public. Lappartient putting the ball back into Sky's court, it would help now if they fulfill their repeated claims of openness and transparency.

It does show just how limp that the UCI have been in this entire process, it is the tail wagging the dog.
of course its up to Froome, and he shouldn't realise anymore info, its private to him, the clinic believing the have the right to every bit of personal information needs to stop....

This is simply the biggest scandal in doping history. Riders doping is one thing, but officials manipulating their own rules and coming up with pseudo-scientific nonsense explanations is unseen. Never before has a sport been so corrupt. I applaud Marc Madiot, Romain Bardet and Bernard Hinault for having the guts to speak out against this outrage. Unfortunately they're in a brave minority.

EDIT: I just read that Nibali has spoken out as well! Applause to him too.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vin...albutamol-verdict-a-case-of-double-standards/

Re:

Pantani_lives said:
This is simply the biggest scandal in doping history. Riders doping is one thing, but officials manipulating their own rules and coming up with pseudo-scientific nonsense explanations is unseen. Never before has a sport been so corrupt. I applaud Marc Madiot, Romain Bardet and Bernard Hinault for having the guts to speak out against this outrage. Unfortunately they're in a brave minority.

Calm down, f*ck we've had folk die because of doping, Froome proving he is innocent in a case that should have remained private isn't that big a deal.....finding him guilty just because it just happens to be froome is wrong...but hey ho carry on

Re:

Pantani_lives said:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vin...albutamol-verdict-a-case-of-double-standards/

"We knew it could have been black or white. I could have had a Vuelta win but I didn't want to win it that way,

eh you didn't win it so shut up

"I don't know why he was cleared, it's not clear to everyone

you shouldn't even know about this case.

Re: Re:

rick james said:
Pantani_lives said:

"We knew it could have been black or white. I could have had a Vuelta win but I didn't want to win it that way,

eh you didn't win it so shut up

"I don't know why he was cleared, it's not clear to everyone

you shouldn't even know about this case.

your inelegant prose versus his elegant descending is somewhat apt

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
Pantani_lives said:

Calm down, f*ck we've had folk die because of doping, Froome proving he is innocent in a case that should have remained private isn't that big a deal.....finding him guilty just because it just happens to be froome is wrong...but hey ho carry on

Calm down rick. Someone posting is nothing to get upset about.

Froome (and the rest) long ago lost any innocent until proven guilty (this is a dirty sport not a court of law), when he transformed in 3 weeks and the multiple different explanations for that transformation. Also fans of the sport have every right to demand proof of innocence. They have been shat on from a height for a long time by the likes of Froome, Wiggins et al.

So calm down. Froome will get busted. It will all out eventually.

If Froome was innocent or Sky had nothing to hide we would not get the tome of lies everytime some happens with questions over the result.

Transparency is these murky waters where Sky keep pouring slurry into it is laughable.

Calm down and have a laugh. It is Sky. :lol:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Froome appeals to skeptical fans: “I was fully sincere when I said on the podium on the Champs-Élysées that I would never dishonor the yellow jersey, and my results will stand the test of time.”

Well, no one has ever lied on the podium in Paris before. I am sorry those sceptical fans don't believe in miralces!

:rolleyes:

I've had this discussion in several threads over the years, but Froome's quote:
"And it is also worth pointing out that there is no performance benefit from using an asthma inhaler. It is purely a medical treatment."
got me going again. Asthma meds. are performance enhancing. Hey I'm sorry you have a lung issue, but that's the way it goes. You got screed by genetics. Where do you draw the line? Your lungs are constricted so take a med to open them up, my hematocrit is low so take some CERA to boost RBC/hemoglobin?

How well can CF perform without asthma meds.? Not as well as with them. Therefore, those meds. are performance enhancing.

I'm not arguing the rules here, I know that certain amounts of certain things are OK.

Re:

jmdirt said:
"And it is also worth pointing out that there is no performance benefit from using an asthma inhaler. It is purely a medical treatment."
got me going again. Asthma meds. are performance enhancing. Hey I'm sorry you have a lung issue, but that's the way it goes. You got screed by genetics. Where do you draw the line? Your lungs are constricted so take a med to open them up, my hematocrit is low so take some CERA to boost RBC/hemoglobin?

How well can CF perform without asthma meds.? Not as well as with them. Therefore, those meds. are performance enhancing.

I'm not arguing the rules here, I know that certain amounts of certain things are OK.

well...yeah...that and the weight loss...is Froome skinny by any chance?

Re:

jmdirt said:

it doesn't give you 75% more capacity in your lungs, all it does it makes an asthmatic lungs work to a normal level, if you'd rather see people die, and people can die with asthma attacks then that's up to you......it just shows how little you know

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
jmdirt said:

it doesn't give you 75% more capacity in your lungs, all it does it makes an asthmatic lungs work to a normal level, if you'd rather see people die, and people can die with asthma attacks then that's up to you......it just shows how little you know

Really? Froome is going to die? Really?

He's a hero to asthmatics all over the world taking these risks to bring the problem to everyone's attention!

Bollix!!!

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
bigcog said:
When do we get to see the 1500 page document ?
you don't...its private, why do you think you have the right to see it

"There are issues that do need to be looked at urgently - and I am sure they will be - as nobody wants other clean athletes to be faced with a similar situation. I would welcome the publication by WADA of the scientific studies they relied on both to create the current testing regime and to exonerate me," Froome wrote.

:D

TRENDING THREADS