• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1326 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:
As for living in Monaco, didn't Rebellin claim to be living in Monaco to avoid paying taxes in Italy and when investigated, yes he had an address in Moanco but spent most of his time in Italy when not racing. Got done for a couple of million euro.

So there are probably scams to get addresses in Monaco and live in nearby Nice or just near to Monaco or even your home town.

Cyclists, would never do that, as it would be cheating and we know cyclists never cheat.

Kwiato is on Strava, many rides begin from the Team Sky house above Monaco. many twitter and instagram pics by Kwiato, Poels, Froome, Thomas and co are from the Cote d'Azur. I'd say they live in Monaco.
I know it would be more fair to endure British and Polish weather, well, you can't have it all :p
Doesn’t mean that they can’t drive or ride from Nice, Eze or whichever neighbouring town first :confused:

Problem Rebellin had was he was naive as he was continually flying into Italy instead of Nice/France and driving around with Monaco number plates most of the year in Italy when he said he was in Monaco. He needed to do it like Froome and most others do, where you and your family live in Monaco while you're racing in the season, build up your Nice passport stamps on your passport to show the 90 days residency there, then make sure the stamps going back home to Italy, South Africa wherever satisfy the number of days before you would be considered a resident and therefore be liable to pay tax. Basically Rebellin wanted all the benefit of being paid in Monaco, while living in Italy and it doesn't work like that. To properly evade you would need to be much more clever and use public transport after flying into Nice and live in a way your movements couldn't be traced though your bank accounts for example.

Robert5091 said:
fmk_RoI said:
Once more the hopes and dreams of Clinicians that Froome will hang up his wheels are wrecked on the rocks of reality:
I’m not finished, when I get to end of my career, I could be able to say, but at the moment I still have a lot to achieve and race for. At the moment, I don’t think about it, there’s still a lot I want to do.

or ... "I've got a wife, 2 kids & a cat to support!"

This place is slipping.

FIFY

"I've got a wife, 2 kids & a python to support!"

samhocking said:
Problem Rebellin had was he was naive as he was continually flying into Italy instead of Nice/France and driving around with Monaco number plates most of the year in Italy when he said he was in Monaco. He needed to do it like Froome and most others do, where you and your family live in Monaco while you're racing in the season, build up your Nice passport stamps on your passport to show the 90 days residency there, then make sure the stamps going back home to Italy, South Africa wherever satisfy the number of days before you would be considered a resident and therefore be liable to pay tax. Basically Rebellin wanted all the benefit of being paid in Monaco, while living in Italy and it doesn't work like that. To properly evade you would need to be much more clever and use public transport after flying into Nice and live in a way your movements couldn't be traced though your bank accounts for example.

EU citizens use their identity card, they do not get passport stamps when traveling through Nice or any other EU country. Why do you continually make up nonsense? Tax is in the EU is reciprocal, each nation shares its tax information with the other so you only pay in your country of actual residence which is on your EU identity card rather than paying in several countries.

rick james said:
Robert5091 said:
https://www.instagram.com/froomecat/

6,698 followers on Instagram ...
Clinic hits a new low, bringing froomes cats instagram page Up as some sort of doping talk????
Cycling today, huh! Used to be that cyclists had real pets, like dogs. (Good boy Birillo, good boy!) Or llamas. Now look at them. Cats! It'll be hamsters next, you watch. It's no wonder the sport's finances are all screwed up!

Re:

King Boonen said:
https://www.instagram.com/nala_cat/?hl=en

3.7m followers.
I hate cats, they truly believe your are not worthy of their time, we had 3 cats until recently, one died with the really hot weather we had.....our youngest cat we actually found at the side of the road, me and the missus were out a drive and we were driving the lake of menteith road and a tiny kitten was dead in the the middle of the road, drive on 100 yards and I catch something moving out the corner of my eye, we stop the car and it took us 1 hour to catch this tiny kitten, got it home and kept it, took it to the vet and they believed it was only one week old....but the cats aren’t worthy of any Instagram post, it’s all about the dug

rick james said:
King Boonen said:
https://www.instagram.com/nala_cat/?hl=en

3.7m followers.
I hate cats, they truly believe your are not worthy of their time, we had 3 cats until recently, one died with the really hot weather we had.....our youngest cat we actually found at the side of the road, me and the missus were out a drive and we were driving the lake of menteith road and a tiny kitten was dead in the the middle of the road, drive on 100 yards and I catch something moving out the corner of my eye, we stop the car and it took us 1 hour to catch this tiny kitten, got it home and kept it, took it to the vet and they believed it was only one week old....but the cats aren’t worthy of any Instagram post, it’s all about the dug
I love both cats and dogs, but alas, I have neither.

poor froomey...thought it was time he had another post...

I see that the WADA Athlete Committee haven't been keeping up with events regarding the non-russians who breach WADA doping, sorry WADA anti-doping protocol....and/or it would have been nice for fellow non-doping :D pro cyclists to speak out like their athlete brethren....

"It is for RUSADA to be compliant, not for WADA to change its conditions to make RUSADA compliant"

I think we can edit this for our hapless hero..............

"It is for Froome to be compliant, not for WADA to change its conditions to make Froome compliant"

WADA eh?!?!?!?!

Re:

rick james said:
What a pointless bump to this thread

if that relates to my post I'm not sure why

WADA getting a bit of flak in mainstream radio this morning about their credibility being blasted re Russia

and yet

the form is already there, them having changed their rules for our hapless hero....

if you don't stick to your own rules......why should anyone else

samhocking said:
Equating WADA's dealing of Froome's salbutomol AAF with Russia is hitting new lows in argument. I know the clinic seems to have died a death recently but no need to kill your own common sense with it ; )

its exactly the same just on an individual level

here's what the rules say

Except:
• Inhaled salbutamol: maximum 1600 micrograms over
24 hours in divided doses not to exceed 800 micrograms
over 12 hours starting from any dose;
• Inhaled formoterol: maximum delivered dose of
54 micrograms over 24 hours;
• Inhaled salmeterol: maximum 200 micrograms over
24 hours.
The presence in urine of salbutamol in excess of 1000 ng/mL
or formoterol in excess of 40 ng/mL is not consistent with
therapeutic use of the substance and will be considered as an
Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) unless the Athlete proves,
through a controlled pharmacokinetic study, that the
abnormal result was the consequence of a therapeutic dose
(by inhalation) up to the maximum dose indicated above.

I've helped with the emphasis obvs ;)

So...really simple yes or no question. Did Froome's case follow the rules?

Edit. As a PS...of course that's important as we don't know how his body reacts to the input values of salbutomol which he self reported during the Vuelta...WADA had no way of knowing what they actually were.....so...how would you find that out for any given individual??....yup...a pharmacokinetic study........but you know this ;)

TRENDING THREADS