• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1336 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Instead of just silencing these rumours with some evidence, hell, even some x-rays or so, they give us nothing. The tinfoilhatters have a field day in this way, can't blame them really. This is the age of mobile phones everywhere, except in such a major event involving a 4-time TdF winner.

Re:

Swingtop said:
Instead of just silencing these rumours with some evidence, hell, even some x-rays or so, they give us nothing. The tinfoilhatters have a field day in this way, can't blame them really. This is the age of mobile phones everywhere, except in such a major event involving a 4-time TdF winner.

Sorry, what rumours? The ones in your head?

Utter fuken stupidity does not need to be silenced. It just needs to be ignored.

Re:

Swingtop said:
There are two explanations here.

1. Ineos fake a crash and then involve the following: Dan Martin & UAE, villagers of Roanne, French paramedics, Roanne hospital staff, a helicopter crew and St. Etienne hospital staff, including not one but two senior surgeons. (Fortunately not a single one of them had the ethics to say no). But then they forget to make the photo they send out dramatic enough. The reason for this is unknown as is why a simple 'unknown virus' couldn't have done the job .

2. Froome crashed and there are some real idiots on Twitter.

It's a dilemma for sure

Re: Re:

macbindle said:
Swingtop said:

Sorry, what rumours? The ones in your head?

Utter fuken stupidity does not need to be silenced. It just needs to be ignored.

Nailed it :cool:

Re:

Swingtop said:
Have to agree that there is little real evidence of the official story. Froome crashed in a town, was treated there for hours, breaks anything and everything, and we have nothing to show for it. No bystander photographs, even Poels "didn't want to look", he even didnt go back to help his teammate, which I found very strange myself. The conspiracy guys can be easily shut up with a few photographs from Ineos/Froome. If they don't release anything, these rumours will remain.

But how would we know the photograph's weren't fakes?? :surprised:

Re:

Appears Geraint has ”crashed” as well. How unfortunate.
Seems like the stars doesnt align around them this time.

But how unfortunate that they doesnt seem to have the protection needed so would be hard to answer why they was flying last year and now would be back to their zig-zagging ways. It wouldnt been pretty.

The moment has presented itself to slip out through the backdoor with a perfect explanation if and when they are back next year as shadows of their former self.

Parker said:
Swingtop said:
There are two explanations here.

1. Ineos fake a crash and then involve the following: Dan Martin & UAE, villagers of Roanne, French paramedics, Roanne hospital staff, a helicopter crew and St. Etienne hospital staff, including not one but two senior surgeons. (Fortunately not a single one of them had the ethics to say no). But then they forget to make the photo they send out dramatic enough. The reason for this is unknown as is why a simple 'unknown virus' couldn't have done the job .

2. Froome crashed and there are some real idiots on Twitter.

It's a dilemma for sure

let's see

there's two explanations...

1. there was a big bang, debris gathered, stars and planets formed.....(I'm going to skip a few billion years of chance events)..the human emerged as the etc etc etc
2. God made the earth and humans thereon...the end

you're welcome ;)

rick james said:
Swingtop said:
Photo not showing anything really, and all the witnesses are cyclists. Why don't they silence the conspiracy guys once and for all by just showing something? It's not like we cycling fans are squeamish, we're used to this stuff. After all the horror stories, I also found the state of Froome remarkable, and the interviews quite strange. But if this was fake, I don't really understand the motive though. Forgoing a 5th TdF win is not something you'd easily do. Still, waiting for some photos of Froome's injuries.
You won’t be getting any photos....it has nothing to do with you

we will be getting photos......the convalesence will be well documented by the likes of Moore and Walsh....it has everything to do with us.........we are his public

gillan1969 said:
rick james said:
Swingtop said:
Photo not showing anything really, and all the witnesses are cyclists. Why don't they silence the conspiracy guys once and for all by just showing something? It's not like we cycling fans are squeamish, we're used to this stuff. After all the horror stories, I also found the state of Froome remarkable, and the interviews quite strange. But if this was fake, I don't really understand the motive though. Forgoing a 5th TdF win is not something you'd easily do. Still, waiting for some photos of Froome's injuries.

we will be getting photos......the convalesence will be well documented by the likes of Moore and Walsh....it has everything to do with us.........we are his public

Ah yes, Moore and Walsh - SDB’s own Leni Riefenstahl’s.

Re:

gillan1969 said:
...still even on a human level it's a bit strange...Poels didn't even go back to see if he was ok...or attempt to speak to him.....solid team that

Exactly, I'm Dutch so I listened to all the Dutch interviews as well. Poels' one was very, very strange indeed. And Knaven didn't even mention anything about Froome's open leg fracture, which is weird, because that's the most acute and critical injury which you don't see that often. And yes, if road.cc and other cycling sites have this conspiracy on the frontpage, there are rumours. Silence it with one photo.

Swingtop said:
gillan1969 said:
...still even on a human level it's a bit strange...Poels didn't even go back to see if he was ok...or attempt to speak to him.....solid team that

Exactly, I'm Dutch so I listened to all the Dutch interviews as well. Poels' one was very, very strange indeed. And Knaven didn't even mention anything about Froome's open leg fracture, which is weird, because that's the most acute and critical injury which you don't see that often. And yes, if road.cc and other cycling sites have this conspiracy on the frontpage, there are rumours. Silence it with one photo.

Again...if you're brain is puddled enough to believe for one minute that the whole Froome crash and aftermath has been faked, why would you change your mind on the basis of one photo....with modern editing and effects techniques, coming up with a photo would be the easiest part of all the other things Ineos have had to put in place to create this huge 'conspiracy'.....in fact if you're so desperate to see a photo, hell i could even cobble something together for you on my mac :rolleyes:

gillan1969 said:
rick james said:
Swingtop said:

We might get some pictures of his X-rays(which won’t be enough for some) what the tinfoil hat mob want is pictures of his bones sticking out and him getting worked on at the side of the road

rick james said:
gillan1969 said:
rick james said:
Swingtop said:

We might get some pictures of his X-rays(which won’t be enough for some) what the tinfoil hat mob want is pictures of his bones sticking out and him getting worked on at the side of the road

....which still wont be enough for some

I don't think the photo of him is very conclusive. But according to what Ineos have put out regarding his accident the photo doesn't seem like he has 8 hours surgery, has been in intensive care, broken sternum etc. It wouldn't be the first time Ineos stories do not tie up. I know a lot of the 'tin foil hat' brigade do not deny that Froome had the accident, but I think some are sceptical to the extent of the accident. When it happened everyone was hoping the lad would have a normal life after the accident due to some of the reports.

The photo doesn't paint the whole picture and it's just inline with the whole lack of transparency stuff from Sky/Ineos.

However, just so you 'non-tin foil' hat brigade don't jump on me. Froome is also entitled to his privacy in hospital too. He shouldn't have to post a photo of him in his hospital bed and I think once again, the Sky/Ineos PR dept have made a blunder in doing this.

Re:

frenchfry said:
What if the dawg wasn't blowing his nose, but was reaching for his microphone to talk to his DS when he crashed.

Now there is a conspiracy theory I could buy into.

What if Chris was really reaching for his inhaler.

What if Woet really pushed him off of the bike and it wasn't the wind - look out Egan!!!

Did the wind only catch the wheel like this because it was so perfectly round?

Etc etc etc

TRENDING THREADS