• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
You are forgetting the slightly different time periods. I think 2011 was cleaner than 2007 so making a jump in 2007 would require more dope. Ergo, Froome is cleaner.

Thats what i tried to say. Wish i could discuss in german here. I think my points would become clearer to everybody.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
the big ring said:
No offense but this is the Froome thread. Pretty sure Wiggo is being discussed ad nauseum in both the Sky and Wiggins cadence threads.

No offence taken. I'm actually standing up for Froome here. He may be doping, most probably are, but he has to bare an unfair amount of criticism in comparison to our friend Wiggo . He also appears to receive ****** all love, in comparison to others, from the "New era" of cycling fans and pundits.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I stated before I like statistics, but, when u don't know how to interpret cq read them they are worth $hit.

Roundabout said it nicely about Evans. How many here saw him choke in that 2002 Giro? Or were those in front of him just a little bit more juiced? In fact, he is the most consistent of them all. Together with Sastre.

Contadope was suspended so no points...

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
I stated before I like statistics, but, when u don't know how to interpret cq read them they are worth $hit.

Agree there - am even more tempted to access their data and put together some more analysis type page thingies for adhoc stuff like this.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Froome is a prime example of the old "donkey to race horse" phenomenon. Donkey of course being a relative term, since no professional cyclist is an actual donkey.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
True.

But also, only time will tell whether Froome is genuine or is a Berzin #2.

Yes, we will see. But i have the feeling Froome is the real deal. Hope the guys at Sky don´t overplay it (;)), then i think he´ll make it somewhat trou the years w/o being tested positive or linked to yet another scandal...

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Yes, we will see. But i have the feeling Froome is the real deal. Hope the guys at Sky don´t overplay it (;)), then i think he´ll make it somewhat trou the years w/o being tested positive or linked to yet another scandal...

I have certain doubts that he will be caught even if he is doping. But now that he has reached the top it will be interesting to see how long he can stay there and what revelations will or won't come out in 10 years time (or earlier).

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
the big ring said:
Agree there - am even more tempted to access their data and put together some more analysis type page thingies for adhoc stuff like this.
Anyone with a little bit of feeling for stats can read the graph you posted. The onely ones shown potential at early age were the Tour winners of 2008/09/11. The rest are doped up donkeys.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I think the best would be to leave the team, then pipo will see he is indeed good, and no more dirty than the rest of the peloton.

He responds better to the sh!t than most do. Simple as that.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Good point, but it can also mean that he has his own "physician" on speed-dial.

I think it´s a team wide thing at Sky. But for the benefit of the doubt, i think they just bend the rules as far as possible to stay "inbounds".

So if he leaves, it would be really interesting to see how that will reflect in his results. TBH, i think he´ll take a little bump in the road but still be a contender for many years to come.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
How you know?
I think it´s the other way around. The guys who were riding in the heavy dope era just show their true talents... as also-ran´s :p

Nah, it's still a heavy dope era and Froome is a super responder. He's no dirtier than the rest, just gets a bigger boost. Genetic.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
It depends how you define "heavy". Even "thehog" (one of the guys who do some great comments here) thinks it´s cleaner now. Not that DSes or riders became angels, but they just have to take care of the parameters now.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Altitude said:
Nah, it's still a heavy dope era and Froome is a super responder. He's no dirtier than the rest, just gets a bigger boost. Genetic.

Or we're in a microdosing era, and Froome is a super responder.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Froome has always ridden in the BP era. His stepping up can't be attributed to the sport getting cleaner. He just made a Claudio Chiapucci like transformation.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
It is baffling that Froome is so energetic at the Vuelta. It is almost as if he skipped the TDF. This kind of recovery is NOT normal. The sky team are also flying all over. I almost want to stop watching the Vuelta. It is really really shameful for cycling. I thought we had made progress. Contardor is not doping like the days under JB, but micro-dosing will not cut it with what Sky has. This is NOT from just "training" and hardwork. Whatever they have is very new, probably from swimming connections. I am pretty sure there will be swimming consultants to every team very soon.

Sorry he is not a talented young man, neither is Wiggins. Its just juice. If he goes 2 mins or greater ahead in the Vuelta, I will switch off watching.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
You are forgetting the slightly different time periods. I think 2011 was cleaner than 2007 so making a jump in 2007 would require more dope. Ergo, Froome is cleaner.

Dirtiness relative to the rest of the peloton is more interesting than absolute dirtiness from a "how big a fraud?" perspective.

TRENDING THREADS