• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FSA 11 speed

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
There are some patent illustrations for FSA's group on Fairwheelbikes and Roues Artisanale's website - the drawings indicate mechanical, not electric. The RD is pretty wild.

Edit: here are the illustrations, from FWB

file.php

file.php

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
After purchasing a FSA carbon crankset and bottom bracket (and dealing with their "warranty service" if you can call it that) I can safely say I won't be going near their group set.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Jorgan said:
After purchasing a FSA carbon crankset and bottom bracket (and dealing with there "warranty service" if you can call it that) I can safely say I won't be going near their group set.

I've never owned anything from FSA other than a couple of alloy handlebars and a seatpost, so I can't comment one way or another on their components. Still, I like that they're trying something new. I certainly wouldn't be one of the early adopters though.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
DickRhee said:
You pull it, like a trigger.
That still makes no sense. If you pull it like a trigger, won't you also be braking the bike at the same time? Just odd to me. I guess we'll know in a few years if they ever release it.

Mar 7, 2009
www.vizlefx.com
Lol, this has turned into a slag off FSA thread.

Also i find it a bit strange that we are already starting to put down the gruppo.. How about wait for it, see how it looks. how it performs and then construct a fair opinion.

Personally i like the look of FSA gear, very snazzy and i have some K-Force bars (Very nice) if they pull this off ill be very happy for them.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I like my K-Force compact carbon bars and K-Force Light ceramic BB compact crankset very much ... Thank you ... having the option of 50/34, 50/36 and 52/38 all with the one sexxxy carbon crankset ?? What's not to like ??

I'm sure CSC didn't suffer from riding FSA stuff for years ... but like they did, I also choose ZIPP's for wheels.

I personally can't wait to see the gruppo - it looks groundbreaking ...

Doesn't mean you have to buy it ...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
nightfend said:
That still makes no sense. If you pull it like a trigger, won't you also be braking the bike at the same time? Just odd to me. I guess we'll know in a few years if they ever release it.

OK the blue part is the shifter paddle. Does this make any more sense?

Shifter-1.gif

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I understand that. But that means you have a slender half of a lever that would dig into your hand when you wanted to brake. And you'd have to avoid pulling on the shifter lever at the same time when you brake, or else you'll always be shifting gears while braking.

This could be a fake diagram, and the final design will be completely different. I guess we'll see.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
nightfend said:
I understand that. But that means you have a slender half of a lever that would dig into your hand when you wanted to brake. And you'd have to avoid pulling on the shifter lever at the same time when you brake, or else you'll always be shifting gears while braking.

This could be a fake diagram, and the final design will be completely different. I guess we'll see.

Fair enough. I am assuming that it disengages the shift lever when the brake lever is pulled (much like how Shimano's smaller shift paddle is disengaged if you swing the entire lever). Anyway, I'm not in the market for a new group but it's good to have competition and a bit of innovation. I'm still not sure that RD design is the best way to go though.

Mar 15, 2009
www.frameforum.org
nightfend said:

Its a CUTAWAY diagram.......:rolleyes:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
frameforum said:
Its a CUTAWAY diagram.......:rolleyes:
That means the shift lever which you say you pull back on like a trigger is directly behind the brake lever. How exactly do you get your fingers between the brake lever and the trigger to pull it? I still don't see how this will work well.

TRENDING THREADS