• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fuglsang: I won't be riding for Contador

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the switch has anything to do with Contador being unpopular!

“It would be a strange situation,” he added, “riding for Fränk and Andy one year and then riding for Contador the next. It would be strange to be riding against my friends.”

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Meaning Contador is definitely not a friend ;)

I like Contador, myself. But this article is fairly blunt, shall we say? Of course you'd have to listen to Fuglsang actually saying "Now you can interpret whether it means that I don’t want to ride for him," because the written word is usually misleading.

If The Luxembourg team falls through, and since Vino has his eye on the Schlecks, we could end up with the same two teams with swapped jerseys next year ;) Amusing.

nia O'Malley said:
Meaning Contador is definitely not a friend ;)

I like Contador, myself. But this article is fairly blunt, shall we say? Of course you'd have to listen to Fuglsang actually saying "Now you can interpret whether it means that I don’t want to ride for him," because the written word is usually misleading.

If The Luxembourg team falls through, and since Vino has his eye on the Schlecks, we could end up with the same two teams with swapped jerseys next year ;) Amusing.
It's more a case of him sucking up to the Schlecks than him hatin' on Contador.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Just the opinion of one guy, how can you conclude that he is "unpopular", he is basically saying that he wants to ride for his friends, the Schlecks.

"Now you can interpret whether it means that I don’t want to ride for him" is still a somewhat weird thing to say considering the Krieg ohne Haß that it's supposed to have been going on. If you say that, you're practically inviting everyone to interpret it that way.

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
What Fuglsang said

Hi new here but reads forum and CN daily as my prefered cycling page...

This is what Fuglsang said and not only the first said in this tread... My words is to read all he said or be quiet , fact must not come from emty air but trhe said words.

Translated by Google fram Danish to English.

"Evidence suggests that Jakob Fuglsang not to run for Bjarne Riis' cycling team next season.
As the only member of Team Saxo Bank-rider, he is now out and speak negatively about the future cooperation with Alberto Contador.
- If I am to run for Contador? No, I do not. And then you can interpret whether it means I do not want to run for him, or whether it means that I switch teams, Fuglsang says to Ekstra Bladet.
- It would be a strange situation to drive for Frank and Andy Schleck one year and then run for Contador next. It would be strange to run against his teammates, continues Jakob Fuglsang and thereby reinforces the rumor of a move to Kim Andersen's new Luxembourg-teams.
The Danish cyclist but stresses that it is not Alberto Contador contract with Bjarne Riis, who will decide where he drives next season."

Must say in my eys it give a hole different picture of the case and absolutly still a big open door to SaxoBank-Sungard if Fuglsang can evt be captain in GC like the Giro or Vuelta, my guts may say that he goes for the Schlecks as roumers have said since the spring here in Denmark , but I also knows Fuglsang goodenugh to say that mony talks in his life.

Regards
Madone

link to article in Danish http://tv2sport.dk/node/60366

Fuglsang might have burned his bridges at Saxo anyway after trying to play hardball on his contract earlier in the season. Unfortunately for him his results since have been mediocre and now he probably won't be getting paid what Riis was offering to begin with

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
nia O'Malley said:
“Am I happy to ride for Contador? No I’m not,” he said to Ekstra Bladet. “Now you can interpret whether it means that I don’t want to ride for him, or whether I’m switching teams.”

Probably both.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5139/Jakob-Fuglsang-I-wont-be-riding-for-Alberto-Contador.aspx

Well, that's clear enough then. Jacob is heading for the Schleck team. AC doesn't seem to be popular with everyone to say the least.

if there's no controversy, just create one. who really cares what a ****-hurt domestique thinks?

erader

Ooh the latest non-troversy! I wonder how many pages this one will last? He doesn't want to ride with AC, preferring to ride with his friends. A real controversy would be if he preferred to ride with AC over the Schlecks.

Non-troversy. :rolleyes:

Madone said:
Hi new here but reads forum and CN daily as my prefered cycling page...

This is what Fuglsang said and not only the first said in this tread... My words is to read all he said or be quiet , fact must not come from emty air but trhe said words.

Translated by Google fram Danish to English.

"Evidence suggests that Jakob Fuglsang not to run for Bjarne Riis' cycling team next season.
As the only member of Team Saxo Bank-rider, he is now out and speak negatively about the future cooperation with Alberto Contador.
- If I am to run for Contador? No, I do not. And then you can interpret whether it means I do not want to run for him, or whether it means that I switch teams, Fuglsang says to Ekstra Bladet.
- It would be a strange situation to drive for Frank and Andy Schleck one year and then run for Contador next. It would be strange to run against his teammates, continues Jakob Fuglsang and thereby reinforces the rumor of a move to Kim Andersen's new Luxembourg-teams.
The Danish cyclist but stresses that it is not Alberto Contador contract with Bjarne Riis, who will decide where he drives next season."

Must say in my eys it give a hole different picture of the case and absolutly still a big open door to SaxoBank-Sungard if Fuglsang can evt be captain in GC like the Giro or Vuelta, my guts may say that he goes for the Schlecks as roumers have said since the spring here in Denmark , but I also knows Fuglsang goodenugh to say that mony talks in his life.

Regards
Madone

link to article in Danish http://tv2sport.dk/node/60366

Since i am swede, and understand danish, the real translation should be "it would be strange to ride against my teammates".

This pretty much sums up, in a cryptic kind of way, that Fuglsang goes were Andy/Frank goes.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
erader said:
if there's no controversy, just create one. who really cares what a ****-hurt domestique thinks?

erader
Oh I get this board now..........if it doesn't say LANCE or ARMSTRONG in a thread, it's not important.
Right :rolleyes:

Thanks to those who took the time to read what I posted, and to actually give me the context I was asking for.

Sorry to the others that it wasn't a controversial thread, nor was meant to be. I'm not big on controversy.

nia O'Malley said:
Oh I get this board now..........if it doesn't say LANCE or ARMSTRONG in a thread, it's not important.
Right :rolleyes:

Thanks to those who took the time to read what I posted, and to actually give me the context I was asking for.

Sorry to the others that it wasn't a controversial thread, nor was meant to be. I'm not big on controversy.

It's not that at all. There's just nothing "here" to spend a lot of time discussing. He wants to ride with his buddies. And in other news, dog bites man, and water is wet. ;)

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Fulgsang is being rude with that statements... I don't like it at all... looks little profesional, He shouldn't burn bridges if he doesn't has contract for the next year...

hrotha said:
"Now you can interpret whether it means that I don’t want to ride for him" is still a somewhat weird thing to say considering the Krieg ohne Haß that it's supposed to have been going on. If you say that, you're practically inviting everyone to interpret it that way.

That's my interpretation too. It's fairly clear.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I didn't care for it when I first read it (translated), but I don't know if it was mean-spirited or if he was trying to sound clever and failed. In the long version of it, I wasn't even sure if he was definitely leaving. I lose a bit of respect for a rider I don't really pay attention to anyway, and move on.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
I didn't care for it when I first read it (translated), but I don't know if it was mean-spirited or if he was trying to sound clever and failed. In the long version of it, I wasn't even sure if he was definitely leaving. I lose a bit of respect for a rider I don't really pay attention to anyway, and move on.

Don't be too hard with him. Last year (I think it was the Tour 2009) he bumped his head on a truck. :D

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
Fulgsang is being rude with that statements... I don't like it at all... looks little profesional, He shouldn't burn bridges if he doesn't has contract for the next year...
He was not being rude. He was asked if he was looking forward to be riding for Contador, and basically said "no" since he probably won't be, but in a cryptic manner since that is not yet official.

In other words: Total non-troversy.

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
This what I like to see, a cyclist who doesn't like his opposition. He also doesn't like Mark Renshaw

Jakob_fuglsang We just didn't have the luck 2day. Matti 2nd, Renshaw and I got caught with 250m to go because he didnt wanted to pull. Happy he didn't win.