• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fugly Frames (WARNING: May cause blindness.)

Apparently this one is called a Cheapo--err, I mean Ceepo.

frame_main.jpg

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Oh man, you said it! There's still a large cult of people out there that believe the Y-foil bikes WRECK, I mean TREK made were the best thing to come around since sliced bread.

Same thing with this hideous bike. Remember this nonsense?
Jon%20P%20Resized.jpg

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Oh man, you said it! There's still a large cult of people out there that believe the Y-foil bikes WRECK, I mean TREK made were the best thing to come around since sliced bread.

As long as we have the Y-Foil here, we need the Trek 9000. Not only ugly but it may have the crappiest rear suspension ever designed. Often voted as the worst mountain bike ever.

Gotta love that lime green swing arm. Now that is stylin'.

trek_9000_958.jpg

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
BroDeal caught in the act!!!:D Nice New Balance dude. Your bike looks better in the black/red theme.

trek_9000.jpg

I hope that guy was a professional stuntman at the time. Maybe Trek just bought a boatload of health insurance for him. The Trek 9000 rode like a bucking bronco. It was dangerous. There was no damping.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Aapjes said:
I actually like that one a lot. It's an extremely minimalist design. The only problem is that you need currently non-existing materials to built it.

Apparently performs really well in crosswinds.

I'd like to run some numbes and see how much thicker some sections need to be to make that reality.

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Black-Balled said:
I got one of these at home. Yellow, purple, red and black. That is just the frame

This pic is not mine This pic is not mine This pic is not mine;)
62469695-giant-cfr-team-racefiets.jpg

not THAT bad.

like a Giant version of Cadel Evan's Canyon bicycle.

TRENDING THREADS