• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Future of Radioshack

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 12, 2011
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:
What are you smoking because I want some. They are a team decimated by injuries as is obvious if you have been watching the race. They have 22 victories on the year already and are 4th in the CQR team rankings. Ifyou think that they need to go I would hate to know how you feel about Euskaltel - Euskadi and Quick Step.

Ignore the haters.

gregrowlerson said:
I hope for Kloden to ride this years Vuelta and push for a top 5 result. Although there is only one ITT, the fact that it is early in the race can help him more.

As for next year, going to Saxobank would be a good fit, seeing as he has ridden with/for Contador before. Helping AC to another GT victory whilst sneaking a top 20 result would be nice. Then again, perhaps AC will be outed (though I hope not) and Klodi will get to fight Richie Porte for leadership!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/greenedge-shopping-for-riders-on-tour-de-france-rest-day

Patrick Lefevere telling Cyclingnews last week that Andreas Klöden was perhaps the only realistic GC rider on the market. It's highly unlikely that GreenEdge would make a move for the ageing German, and with their stance set on refraining from breaking rider contracts they have taken aim at different objectives.

what does it means?

A

Anonymous

kurtinsc said:
If you mean GT or monument... then you're right. But those other stage races are the next level after that. RVV, MSR, P-R, LBL and Lombardia are bigger then winning the Tour de Suisse or Dauphine Libere. But Amstel Gold? Gent-Wevelgem? San Sebastian? I think not.

There are 3 GT's and 5 monuments. You also have worlds (which are less "team" and more "country"). Winning the big 1-week stage races is in the group after that in my mind. At most you have 8 teams who can have individual wins ahead of winning the big 1-week races.

Fair enough.

A

Anonymous

I hope they stick around for years to come. Radioshack have provided more entertainment in this tour alone, than the tarmac eating carrots produced in the last ten.

Their demise at times has been hilarious

(although obviously I have sympathy for Chris Horner who frankly shouldnt have been allowed back on his bike. I dont like seeing riders getting injured.)

TRENDING THREADS