• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Garmin cannondale

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Anderis said:
Good day for Talansky today. He can get into top10 GC if he has as strong 3rd week as in 2013. Pity he was denied the stage win, but Geschke deserved it today. Can't help but feeling that Hesjedal could do more to help Andrew today. He was one of the first riders dropped and I didn't saw him doing that much pulling earlier in the break as well.

During the stage, Wegelius said in an interview that the plan was to get Martin and Talansky in the breakway. The first didn't make it so Hesjedal was kinda there by default. I think he dropped one of the first because he knew that the other breakway riders wouldn't ride if he was there and the responsability of the chase would be on their shoulders. I think Hesjedal is has target tomorrow's stage( another breakway win tomorrow?)

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Anderis said:
ray j willings said:
Once again "talansky" Garmin have a rider wasting energy for 2nd place . What a ****** mess of a team.
What's your point now? What did he wrong today?

Both Martin and Talansky have gone full gas just to finish 2nd. There was no way in any of these stages they could have won. Common sense, You would get on the radio and tell them to ease up save their energy for another day. Still a lot of climbing to do and there was no reason whatsoever for Talansky to go that deep.

ray j willings said:
Both Martin and Talansky have gone full gas just to finish 2nd. There was no way in any of these stages they could have won. Common sense, You would get on the radio and tell them to ease up save their energy for another day. Still a lot of climbing to do and there was no reason whatsoever for Talansky to go that deep.
Except to get a stage podium.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

irondan said:
ray j willings said:
Except to get a stage podium.

You could be right. Talansky was a minute ahead of Pinot. He could have come right off the gas and still made the podium same as Martin. 2nd /3rd and maybe saved his legs for another go tomorrow.
If he wins tomorrow I will buy you a beer :)