• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
In reply to Paul Kimmage's comments about Froome on Twitter:
Froome on Ventoux? Call me Dumbo: "I saw a peanut stand, heard a rubber band, I saw a needle that winked its eye. But I think I will have seen everything when I see an elephant fly."

Thomas Frei said:
@PaulKimmage @DavidWalshST you guys heard already from Gas6 (Growth arrest-specific 6) ?

So, has anyone learnt anything about GAS6 in the two years since the last post in this thread?

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is a doping product; I think this is genetic doping from what I read.

This has been my suspicion all along: Froome will never p!ss or blood test positive (which explains his confidence and that of his DS) because he didn't take a PED. This type of doping is something completely different. In all honesty, I don't understand exactly how genetic doping works, but I think we have seen the dawn of a rider making a genetic change, and never having to look back or stick a needle in his arm to ride superhuman performances. It is a brave new world.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
GAS6 is a protein.

Would be taken with a injection.

I don't think you have to look to gene doping at this time.

Okay, so it's taken regularly?

I was confused because it is described as a "human gene coding"...of course from Wikipedia...which is the source for idiots who don't understand something <-me and the science of doping

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
Anyone ever found a doping related case with this product?
the bus gas as the potbelge is colloquially known for those 21 day tours and the long transition stages between the selective mtns when domo's are just hangin on.

raceradio might be able to confirm, or papp.

or dr dave bruylandts and johnny testeronny hoogerland

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:

I was confused because it is described as a "human gene coding"...of course from Wikipedia...which is the source for idiots who don't understand something <-me and the science of doping
but the peptides and growth factors, they can call them proteins all they like, but these are on the spectrum of gene doping. you just used these igf etc to stimulate your own production. thats why i reckon the new stuff is much more powerful

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
GAS6 is a protein.

Would be taken with a injection.

I don't think you have to look to gene doping at this time.
all the peptides are usually mixed into a saline solution then put in the ampoule. the peptides are pretty advanced drugs that you need advanced labs to produce.

it is not whey protein or creatine from GNC general nutrition centres

ChewbaccaD said:

I don't know that its taken regularly, and the pharma companies are looking at ways of regulating the levels of the protein through drugs. (I don't think any are even out of phase 1 clinical trials though)

But yeah if you were to dope with it, there is no need to look into gene doping. Regular routine doping methods would work.

The reason for the confusion is that GAS6 can refer to either the gene, or the protein that is coded.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
I don't think this is a doping product; I think this is genetic doping from what I read.

This has been my suspicion all along: Froome will never p!ss or blood test positive (which explains his confidence and that of his DS) because he didn't take a PED. This type of doping is something completely different. In all honesty, I don't understand exactly how genetic doping works, but I think we have seen the dawn of a rider making a genetic change, and never having to look back or stick a needle in his arm to ride superhuman performances. It is a brave new world.
i heard about 6 years back the brits were working on genetic doping.

i suppose Sir Hoy could have just had the traditional growth factors to grow that head of his. but he looks like that swedish highjumper. freekin massive head. NOT NORMAL. seriously, this is the doping skull phrenology.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
I don't know that its taken regularly, and the pharma companies are looking at ways of regulating the levels of the protein through drugs. (I don't think any are even out of phase 1 clinical trials though)

But yeah if you were to dope with it, there is no need to look into gene doping. Regular routine doping methods would work.

The reason for the confusion is that GAS6 can refer to either the gene, or the protein that is coded.
footballers in Australia were doing an orchestrated systematic program, like Juventus, but bigger. They were getting multiple injections every week.

so where the peptide technology stands at the moment, it is not changing the gene for perpetuity. but i am a layperson, so dont take my opinions as gospel folx

May 26, 2011
Visit site
now we're talking....

QUESTION: Do we have any dutch speakers / readers on here?

GAS6 underwent / in undergoing clinical trials & research at the Catholic University in Leuven, there's some reports i have about this.

One of them names our good friend..... Geert Leinders in it.

So, make of this what you will.

If someone can tell me how to post a pp doc top this forum, i will post the doc i have, it's all in Dutch / Flemish.

thx.

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Alex76 said:
now we're talking....

QUESTION: Do we have any dutch speakers / readers on here?

GAS6 underwent / in undergoing clinical trials & research at the Catholic University in Leuven, there's some reports i have about this.

One of them names our good friend..... Geert Leinders in it.

So, make of this what you will.

If someone can tell me how to post a pp doc top this forum, i will post the doc i have, it's all in Dutch / Flemish.

thx.

Very interesting.
If this is true, I think we are onto something here.

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
I don't see the doping potential.

Bummer.

Not so.

And guess who one of the 'foreign experts' below is....?

Gas6 as alternative − and safer − remedy?

VIB researcher Diether Lambrechts and his colleagues have been studying − under the direction of Ed Conway and Peter Carmeliet, and in collaboration with foreign experts − the role of the Gas6 protein in mice. While EPO plays a prominent role in the production of red blood cells throughout our life, Gas6 is only involved in the production of red blood cells in adulthood.

When mice with anemia are treated with Gas6, the red blood cells once again rise to their normal levels in the blood. In contrast to EPO, the use of Gas6 does not result in an excessive production of red blood cells, which increases the risk of thrombosis. Furthermore, Gas6 reinforces the effect of EPO: indeed, when Gas6 is administered to mice that have not produced enough EPO, it works just as well as EPO, and a combined treatment of Gas6 and EPO produces an even greater therapeutic effect.

So, the positive evaluation of Gas6 in anemic mice raises hopes for a more effective and safer remedy for chronic disease patients who have to contend with anemia as a consequence of their disease or therapy.

TRENDING THREADS