• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geelong 2010: Elite Men's Time Trial 45.8km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 25, 2010
Visit site
Was following the live ticker all day at work. Not very productive. :D

Aussie's close again, the first two non-medal places. Rogers probably had the best ride that we'll see from him now. Porte is amazing. What's in the food at Praties? First year and already mixing it up. Next year he may plateua or dip but he's sure to be dominating 2012+. Awesome. :D

Oh and I'm ****ed off, no mainstream media coverage at all over here of the World Champs (sports news of main channels, radio, newspaper) even though they are in our backyard but ONE rider returns a minor value to a banned substances MONTHS ago and suddenly cycling is in the spotlight again. :x

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:

Aussie's close again, the first two non-medal places. Rogers probably had the best ride that we'll see from him now. Porte is amazing. What's in the food at Praties? First year and already mixing it up. Next year he may plateua or dip but he's sure to be dominating 2012+. Awesome. :D

Oh and I'm ****ed off, no mainstream media coverage at all over here of the World Champs (sports news of main channels, radio, newspaper) even though they are in our backyard but ONE rider returns a minor value to a banned substances MONTHS ago and suddenly cycling is in the spotlight again. :x
Agreed, the only reason the worlds got a mention on nine news today was because of Contador! And they only got 10 seconds of it. Our Sports media are a bunch of afl folllowing idiots who don't have a clue about any other sport.

Polyarmour said:
Apparently not that much different.

Well I guess we'll see on Sunday and in the ardennes next year?:rolleyes:

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
meandmygitane said:
I felt like I was cheating a bit even though I was 150 metres behind him," Wiggins said. "

not drafting then :p :confused:

I'm not sure why you are confused, it is obvious from the interview you quote - at 150m he is not getting a draft.

Psychologically though, if you can see them, you have a wheel to follow and hence it might feel like cheating.

(I see my phone corrects 'Cancellara' to 'vandalised' :) anyway so much for these climbs being nothing like the climbs in RVV - are there cobbles in Australia? I think the cobbles in Belgium are probably hundreds of years older than the Australian constitution :p )

auscyclefan - I used to think you were real but I am becoming increasingly convinced you are some kind of satirical bogan troll sent to these boards to prevent people booking holidays in Australia, or Victoria at least.

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Reverend_T_Preedy said:
I live in the Peoples Republic of Yorkshire my friend.

You sound like my boss he says that all the time :rolleyes:

Sterling rides by both the fabulous Cancellara and a surprising Millar; gutted for Martin though, but there is always next year.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:

Not just here then! Believe it or not Britain got a new world champion yesterday - all the media can do is drag the sports reputation through the mud. Its disgusting.

Tuarts said:

Because the media in places like England thinks the "Tour de France" is a annual event where amateur cyclists with day jobs, take a month holiday to ride around France for fun. Then once the tour is over they go back to plumbing or whatever for a year. As far as the media is concerned there is no cycling outside the Tour. They would be shocked to find out theres some sort of a world championships.

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Time of day?

I'm trying to clarify the times of day the races are taking place/showing on TV. The Complete Live Report text commentary here on CN shows the mens elite TT finishing at 17:18 EST. If I'm not mistaken that's Eastern (USA) Standard Time. So that would make it +5 hrs or 22.18 in the UK and another +9 in Melbourne. Doesn't make sense.

And when I check Eurosport for Sunday's scheduled coverage of the Men's Elite RR, they show coverage from 07:30 to 16:00 UK time (BST). So unless that's time-shifted the race won't finish until around 01:00 hrs on Monday in Melbourne. Eh?

Help!

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know a site to get some more photos of the mens TT. Photos of some of the lesser riders rather than just 15 big photos of cancllarar etc ....
Cheers

TRENDING THREADS