• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geelong 2010: Elite Men's Time Trial 45.8km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Spare Tyre said:
1' 02" - Dekker you were damn close with your prediction of a minute. :D
Well that was easy after it was clear Cancellara put the motor on in the second lap

My actual prediction from yesterday failed completely though (Martin to win ahead of Cancellara and Moerenhout, though that last one was more wishful thinking obviously)

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Awesome display by fabian.

Congrats to Dave Millar though. Continuation of an excellent worlds for the Brits.

Roll on Saturday...(and Sunday;);))

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Bloody fabulous ride by Fabian. Such a shame Tony Martin had a puncture, he would have beaten Millar for 2nd place for sure.

Well done to Ritchie Porte for a great ride. 4th place is nothing to be ashamed of. Well done also to Michael Rogers.

All eyes were glued to the TV today in our house.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Shame about Porte but 4th is a great result. A stellar year for him.

Interesting to hear that Fabian Cancellara was training under the BMC tent and not in the swiss area. ;)

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Meh, why does Moerenhout stop, 6th at the worlds at age 36. Don't quit Koos :(

Cancellara from another planet once again

I guess he just doesn't feel like it anymore... And who can blame him? He's got a wife and kids, and being a cylist is one of the most time-intensive sports.

Also great for The Canc, blah blah blah. Very nice to see Porte was as good as I thought he'd be, even if he didn't get a medal out of it as I'd predicted.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Meh, why does Moerenhout stop, 6th at the worlds at age 36. Don't quit Koos :(

Cancellara from another planet once again

I got that feeling the entire last half year about Moerenhout. He's only getting better the older he gets. Quite like Boogerds last year.
Bloody shame he's quiting. Allthough I predicted Koos to win the roadrace so I'm sure he'll put in a extra year with the rainbow jersey ;P

Sad for Martin. He's the only one that's a little bit close to Cancellara, but is unlucky so far. Just 25 so I'm sure the upcoming years between those 2 will be pretty good.

I'm a bit surprised by Millar. His performances go up and down all the time. Very nice though.

Cancellara a favourite for the road race too. Giving him a big chance. If he's not in the right breakaway he will just race toward them like he did in Bejing.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Martin not even close to Spartacus, even if he hadn't flatted. There will come a day when Spartacus is no longer the best time trialist in the world, but we're not there yet, not by a long shot.

Great ride by David Millar, too. He looks on strong form for either a super-domestique or attacking role in the Road Race.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I'd be suprised if Cancellara beats Martin by more than 20 seconds.

Less than 20 seconds would have been close. Even this theoretical 'puncture-adjusted' time of 40 doesn't put him in the same league as Canc for me.

Jamsque said:
Less than 20 seconds would have been close. Even this theoretical 'puncture-adjusted' time of 40 doesn't put him in the same league as Canc for me.
I know. Martin was not strong enough yet this time around. He was in the TDF and Suisse though.

Meh. Cancellara at his absolute top is still stronger than I thought, I have no problem admitting that

Moondance said:
I guess he just doesn't feel like it anymore... And who can blame him? He's got a wife and kids, and being a cylist is one of the most time-intensive sports.

Also great for The Canc, blah blah blah. Very nice to see Porte was as good as I thought he'd be, even if he didn't get a medal out of it as I'd predicted.

I think it's a very good result and confirms that he's at the top of the bunch chasing Cancellara and Martin. With improvement he could possibly reach Martin over these lengths.

Millar was just a surprise, but every year or so he pulls out a great ride.

Nothing else was very unexpected, I think Rogers must have ridden his absolute best to get what in the end was a good result for him. Larsson bombing out was nothing that surprising (even though I tipped him to be top5) and Tuft? Back to reality for him.

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
These are short climbs not long ones. Remember how Cancellara dropped Boonen on the 20%+ Kapelmuur earlier this year in the Ronde Van Vlaanderen? He didn't even get out of the saddle. He has more than enough power to get over these hills at high pace. If the hills went on for another 16km that would be another story,.... but they don't.

well put....FACT not fiction