• We hope all of you have a great holiday season and an incredible New Year. Thanks so much for being part of the Cycling News community!

General News Thread

Page 181 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 11, 2010
12,579
0
0
The Hitch said:
I never said they shouldn't have been invited in 09.

This year though, they dont give a **** so they should give it to someone who does.
They care just as much as last year... you can't expect them to send their A-team (;)) there, but which team does, apart from the Italians?
 
The Hitch said:
I never said they shouldn't have been invited in 09.

This year though, they dont give a **** so they should give it to someone who does.
And then Slagter does a top 10 or something. And you can wash your mouth again.

Just like when they said Rabo's line up for 2011 was the worst of the Giro according to many forum members. And then they did what theyoungest summed up.
Stop being so overly negative. Rabobank lacks top riders in general, but they have a very large selection of good sub-toppers and promising youngsters which they can field in races, so they usually have a good line up in any race
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
And then Slagter does a top 10 or something. And you can wash your mouth again.

Just like when they said Rabo's line up for 2011 was the worst of the Giro according to many forum members. And then they did what theyoungest summed up.
Aqua and Sapone did more than Rabo last year. Give me them over Rabo any day.

The fact that you are arguing that Rabo deserve their invite because Slagter might (and it would be surprising) get a top 10 says everything.

Thats what gt invites should be based on, improbable hopes for maybe a top 10. I wont wash my mouth if Slagter gets a top 10. it would prove my point.

At least Net app will be spending the entire next 4 months preparing for the Giro and will try to leave their mark on the race.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,579
0
0
The Hitch said:
Aqua and Sapone did more than Rabo last year. Give me them over Rabo any day.

The fact that you are arguing that Rabo deserve their invite because Slagter might (and it would be surprising) get a top 10 says everything.

Thats what gt invites should be based on, improbable hopes for maybe a top 10. I wont wash my mouth if Slagter gets a top 10. it would prove my point.

At least Net app will be spending the entire next 4 months preparing for the Giro and will try to leave their mark on the race.
Dude, what's your point? Rabo were in almost every breakaway last year, they dominated the Strade Bianche stage, the revelation of the Giro (not my words, but the RAI's) was on their team... NetApp will indeed prepare for 4 months, but they won't do better than Rabo.
 
The Hitch said:
Aqua and Sapone did more than Rabo last year. Give me them over Rabo any day.

The fact that you are arguing that Rabo deserve their invite because Slagter might (and it would be surprising) get a top 10 says everything.

Thats what gt invites should be based on, improbable hopes for maybe a top 10. I wont wash my mouth if Slagter gets a top 10. it would prove my point.

At least Net app will be spending the entire next 4 months preparing for the Giro and will try to leave their mark on the race.
Really? A gifted KOM jersey > 1 stage + couple days in pink + top 10 gc? :confused:
 
theyoungest said:
Dude, what's your point? .
That teams shouldnt be getting automatic entry into races they dont care about.

Give someone else a chance.


NetApp will indeed prepare for 4 months, but they won't do better than Rabo
We'll see about that

maltiv said:
Really? A gifted KOM jersey > 1 stage + couple days in pink + top 10 gc? :confused:
They animated the queen stage came 2nd there. They came 3rd on another mtf - Etna and 4th and 5th on Finnestre and Nvegal respectively.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
The Hitch, you often say we're biased. But in this case you're really not coming up with any convincing arguments.
Whether you find that convincing or not, isn't important to me.

Its my opinion and I will continue arguing against this World Tour gt rule as long as it exists.

Only give the best teams invites if they are willing to field a good squad.

Its not just Rabo but also Saxo Bank and possibly Euskaltel and Vacan that shouldnt be there.

But of all you are offering to the race is slagter, pff sorry not good enough.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,579
0
0
The Hitch said:
That teams shouldnt be getting automatic entry into races they dont care about.

Give someone else a chance.




We'll see about that



They animated the queen stage came 2nd there. They came 3rd on another mtf - Etna and 4th and 5th on Finnestre and Nvegal respectively.



Whether you find that convincing or not, isn't important to me.

Its my opinion and I will continue arguing against this World Tour gt rule as long as it exists.

Only give the best teams invites if they are willing to field a good squad.

Its not just Rabo but also Saxo Bank and possibly Euskaltel and Vacan that shouldnt be there.

But of all you are offering to the race is slagter, pff sorry not good enough.
So your point is that they shouldn't have been there last year either? I really don't get it.
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,455
2
0
theyoungest said:
They care just as much as last year... you can't expect them to send their A-team (;)) there, but which team does, apart from the Italians?
Alberto Contador. And before you say he only raced the Giro because of his doping case, just know that he had already made an agreement with Zomegnan to start the Giro back in April 2010.
 
theyoungest said:
I really don't get it.
Really, you don't get the idea that some people don't like the automatic invitations for WT teams.

Such an idea is so foreign to you?

I guess I don't know how else to explain it.

The current system, me no like. Do you not understand it when put like that neither?

So your point is that they shouldn't have been there last year either?
Last year Aqua and Sapone and Geox were invited, Giro had an extra wildcard.

Leopard had a worse team as well.

They care just as much as last year... you can't expect them to send their A-team () there, but which team does, apart from the Italians?
Theres a difference between not sending their entire A team there and actually sending someone to the race eg Mollema or Krusiwick. But as I said Slagter, not good enough, Not yet anyyway. Hes not a headline act yet.
 
Breaking news:

Marcel Kittel is possibly involved in a huge doping sacandal.
It was on German television a few minutes ago.
Apparently there was/is a blood doping network in eastern Germany involving many succesfull athletes. Apparently there's a list of 28 athletes. They mentioned Kittel, Pechstein and Nils Schuhmann so far.
It seems that they used some sort of UV radiation to manipulate blood samples.
I don't know if this is new or how it works. But apperently police has recorded telefone calls where doctors discuss this method and say that it can't be detected by doping tests.
 
Feb 25, 2010
3,854
1
0
Bavarianrider said:
This will be interesting. The main question will be, are there any popular german winterstars included? If so authorities will probably try to cover it just like they did in the Humanplasma thing. This could be Kittels chance to get away.
Something that would suck even harder.
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,455
2
0
Bavarianrider said:
Breaking news:

Marcel Kittel is possibly involved in a huge doping sacandal.
It was on German television a few minutes ago.
Apparently there was/is a blood doping network in eastern Germany involving many succesfull athletes. Apparently there's a list of 28 athletes. They mentioned Kittel, Pechstein and Nils Schuhmann so far.
It seems that they used some sort of UV radiation to manipulate blood samples.
I don't know if this is new or how it works. But apperently police has recorded telefone calls where doctors discuss this method and say that it can't be detected by doping tests.
This is old news except for the fact that Kittel is involved. I swear I heard this a few weeks ago already.
 
Bavarianrider said:
Breaking news:

Marcel Kittel is possibly involved in a huge doping sacandal.
It was on German television a few minutes ago.
Apparently there was/is a blood doping network in eastern Germany involving many succesfull athletes. Apparently there's a list of 28 athletes. They mentioned Kittel, Pechstein and Nils Schuhmann so far.
It seems that they used some sort of UV radiation to manipulate blood samples.
I don't know if this is new or how it works. But apperently police has recorded telefone calls where doctors discuss this method and say that it can't be detected by doping tests.
let's hope nothing will happen with kittel.anyway german athletes are dumb enough to represent that country?incredible
 
Bavarianrider said:
Breaking news:

Marcel Kittel is possibly involved in a huge doping sacandal.
It was on German television a few minutes ago.
Apparently there was/is a blood doping network in eastern Germany involving many succesfull athletes. Apparently there's a list of 28 athletes. They mentioned Kittel, Pechstein and Nils Schuhmann so far.
It seems that they used some sort of UV radiation to manipulate blood samples.
I don't know if this is new or how it works. But apperently police has recorded telefone calls where doctors discuss this method and say that it can't be detected by doping tests.
lol again?

No doping cases that i can remember in speed skating since, well, ever. And now she gets bonked twice all of a sudden?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY