• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 260 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Last week, I posted somewhere in the Clinic, that one day, even Astana will be MPCC.

Cycling is changing, consistantly... The ultimate goal seems to be to reach the highest level of hypocrisy.

Edit: Just wanted to re-open this thread, accidentally clicked the first instead of last page. First post is about Moreni. Just in case anyone knows, what´s he doing today? I remember he paid a 1 yr salary to UCI, was the only of the 2007 guys to do so, and did this in order to return to cycling.

Guardini clarifying he's not one of them. Namely, he's not one of those who are pulled by cars to finish within the time limit, but rather a rider who finishes a mountain stage with his own legs.

Su mayor éxito lo consiguió en el Giro 2012, con una victoria de etapa, aunque no fue fácil llegar hasta la 18ª etapa. "En el Giro mi rendimiento fue escaso en la montaña. He sufrido, llorado. Incluso llegué el último, solo, separado del grupo. Pero, con toda honestidad, yo siempre lo hice con mis piernas.Y después llegó el escenario de la victoria en Vedelago por delante de Cavendish. Mi satisfacción más bella hasta ahora

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=57417

Funny that the next thing he said was his best victory was when he beat Cavendish in Vedelago. One thought led to another?

325pic281198666.jpg

posted on facebook by RCS:

Giro d'Italia
Cambiano le date della Milano Sanremo e de Il Lombardia!
Nel 2013 entrambe le corse saranno di domenica:
Milano Sanremo: 17 marzo
Il Lombardia: 6 ottobre

Change of dates for Milano Sanremo and Il Lombardia!
In 2013 both the races will be on Sunday:
Milano Sanremo: March 17th
Il Lombardia: October 6th

monuments on sundays: sounds like their rightful place to be honest :p

Arnout said:
What I don't understand is that the Dutch cycling federation now wants to hire a full-time national coach, for one or maximum 2 weeks a year...
They also don't have a coach for the juniors/U23s anymore, as Vierhouten moves to Vacansoleil (also not a bad development at all). Maybe they want to combine the two jobs, as well as leading the Rabo development team, which is now under their wings?

Sort of a national coach deluxe. Although the problem with this would be, if that coach sucks, Dutch cyling is really screwed.

theyoungest said:
I'm almost certain it won't be Steven de Jongh, given his doping confession, and given Marcel Wintels' attempts at copying the Sky approach.
Indeed. For example, Nordhaug wanted to keep Julich as his coach, but the Rabobank management wouldn't let him. Instead they force him to use one of their "successful" internal coaches...

maltiv said:
Indeed. For example, Nordhaug wanted to keep Julich as his coach, but the Rabobank management wouldn't let him. Instead they force him to use one of their "successful" internal coaches...
Marcel Wintels is the head of the Dutch cycling union, he doesn't work for the Rabo team. So these two issues are unrelated.

I believe Nordhaug's trainer is Mathieu Heijboer? He has mostly trained the espoirs so far, and he didn't do that bad. That's why they moved him to the pros in the first place, I reckon.

theyoungest said:
Marcel Wintels is the head of the Dutch cycling union, he doesn't work for the Rabo team. So these two issues are unrelated.

I believe Nordhaug's trainer is Mathieu Heijboer? He has mostly trained the espoirs so far, and he didn't do that bad. That's why they moved him to the pros in the first place, I reckon.
Oh ok, I thought you were talking about Rabo for some reason :eek:

Yes, that's right. I don't know much about him. But the espoirs have been rather successful of course, so he might be decent.

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
Last week, I posted somewhere in the Clinic, that one day, even Astana will be MPCC.

Cycling is changing, consistantly... The ultimate goal seems to be to reach the highest level of hypocrisy.

i agree

just read this:"Riis confessed in 2007 to having doped when he was a rider. He has since been named as providing doping advice, if not more, in various books and doping confessions from recent riders. The Saxo-Tinkoff team owner has consistently refused to comment on such matters."
WTF?

the Frank Schleck case is the another proof, he will race in 2013, i am sure