• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 90 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Anybody know where that finish in stage 3 is in relation to Prägraten town? Looks like a general uphill. Could put a useful uphill finish there.

Still, another year with no top race visiting the Rettenbachferner. The Österreichrundfahrt is always a bit disappointingly easy given the geography of the country. I know it sounds odd saying that any race including the Kitzbüheler Horn is a disappointingly easy one, but given the range of mountains they have they always seem to use the same ones, and the Glockner doesn't look like being used to best effect this year either. I wish they'd start in Vienna and finish in Innsbruck or Klagenfurt, could have a much better route that way.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Teams for SkodaTour de Luxembourg (1-5 June) announced:

ProTeams:

LEOPARD TREK
Katusha Team
Liquigas-Cannondale
Sky Procycling
Team Radioshack
Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team

Pro Continental Teams:

Andalucia Caja Granada
Cofidis
FDJ
Geox-TMC
Landbouwkrediet
Saur-Sojasun
Skil-Shimano
Team Europcar
Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator
Veranda's Willems Accent

Continental Team:

Team Differdange Magic-sportfood.de

http://www.aotdl.com/skoda-tour-de-luxembourg-2011/equipes-2011/

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
jobiwan said:
Team Schleck in the Tour of Luxembourg, who'd have known that? :p
Andalucia however, what??:confused:

Andalucia was there last year as well IIRC. I'm more surprised by Liquigas, I think they took Euskaltel's spot. I wonder who they'll bring - Sagan could certainly have a good shot at some stages, maybe even Basso to build up for TdF

Dont know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but havent seen it so here it goes.

Ivan Basso was apparently on Mount Etna (dont know why) and crashed, and well, he aint pretty no more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...rance-training/2011/05/17/AFmizm5G_story.html

Oh and he was going uphill so i guess he did a Menchov. Popes arent Italian these days though and Basso isnt white on the outside so Denny keeps his name for now.

Don't know if anyone saw this yet or posted it here but it is a pretty funny news article from a New Zealand news outlet:

News outlet screw up

Mega LOLs at them

Edit: It seems they have now fixed it up. Basically it said Henderson wears yellow at the Giro d'Italia, with a picture of Flecha. It seems they thought the Tour of Cali and Giro were the same race

May 6, 2009
Visit site
The teams for the new Berlin one day race on May 22:

The ProTeams at the start will be BMC Racing, Leopard Trek, Garmin-Cervelo, HTC-Highroad, Omega Pharma-Lotto and Vacansoleil. Three Pro Continental Teams will be represented with CCC Polsat Polkowice, Skil-Shimano and Netapp. Continental teams include Ac Sparta Praha, Bkcp - Powerplus, Adria Mobil, Lkt Team Brandenburg, Atlas Personal, Nutrixxion Sparkasse, Champion-System, Eddy Merckx-Indeland, Heizomat, Team NSP and Tt Raikon Argon 18. The filed will be rounded out by two national teams, Germany U23 and Russia.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/berlin-one-day-race-announces-high-class-field

Ok, Libertine, give us a low down on the terrain in Berlin? Do they have a nasty 18% climb in there?

roundabout said:
So number 1 on the list is reserved for him?

http://www.skoda-velothon-berlin.de/images/stories/elite/2011/prb11_startliste.pdf

Edit: didn't there use to be a rule that a rider pulling out of a race for no apparent reason (not injured, sick or whatever) couldn't start any races before the race he pulled out from finished?
Such a rule exists. However, race organisers can give permission to riders to participate in other races. In this case, the Giro organisation can give permission to Cavendish. Most of the times they do, because they are afraid that if they don't those riders will not participate next year. The UCI should change that rule, to make it 100% forbidden.

TRENDING THREADS