• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

as for hooverland going to spain.. just confirms my already low opinion of him.... he will be applying for dual citizenship next so he can receive the same government protection offered to the rest of them..

I don't think it should necessarily be stickied - whoever said that one page one (thehog?) was being sarcastic because of the accidental mis-spelling.

I just made it because I'm sick of seeing repeated threads about Contador/Shack/Astana/LA everytime they do something small or inconsequential. It saves having to make a new thread everytime anything slightly notable happens anyway.

Also, there a certainly a lot more threads worthy of being stickied than the route announcement of a 2.HC race :p

A

Anonymous

i think the much requested lance/contador/astana/shack section would solve a lot of problems...

although there would be naff all threads in the pro cycling section..

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i think the much requested lance/contador/astana/shack section would solve a lot of problems...

although there would be naff all threads in the pro cycling section..

Yes, but then we run into the trouble about only being able to discuss doping in the clinic, and not in the new Lance/AC/Astana/Shack section.

Oh wait, I see what you are doing proposing this new section. You are secretly a Lance fanboy and want to make it so nobody can ever discuss LA and doping in the same thread. Clever! :D

A

Anonymous

Beech Mtn said:
Yes, but then we run into the trouble about only being able to discuss doping in the clinic, and not in the new Lance/AC/Astana/Shack section.

Oh wait, I see what you are doing proposing this new section. You are secretly a Lance fanboy and want to make it so nobody can ever discuss LA and doping in the same thread. Clever! :D

oh no, the lance etc section should be anything goes as lnog as its about lance..

that would leave the clinic fairly empty as well..

and no, im secretly an alien that has landed on earth to learn about cycling, ive come here and all i know so far is that there are three people called lance and alberto and johaan who win all the races and drug everyone...

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
oh no, the lance etc section should be anything goes as lnog as its about lance..

and no, im secretly an alien that has landed on earth to learn about cycling, ive come here and all i know so far is that there are three people called lance and alberto and johaan who win all the races and drug everyone...

Cool, then you know as much about cycling as most Americans, except for the part about the drugs.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

and no, im secretly an alien that has landed on earth to learn about cycling, ive come here and all i know so far is that there are three people called lance and alberto and johaan who win all the races and drug everyone...[/QUOT

Well, Wiggo popped out of nowhere... How old is he, 30?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
Cool, then you know as much about cycling as most Americans, except for the part about the drugs.

Well, dim is British.
So Wiggo's sudden GT hunt and climbing skills are a natural thing for a trackie....
:rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

peloton said:
Well, dim is British.
So Wiggo's sudden GT hunt and climbing skills are a natural thing for a trackie....
:rolleyes:

but im an alien.. i can only base my cycling knowledge on what i read on this forum...

who is this wiggo you speak of? He cycles too? I thought it was just mr pharmstrong and alberto? I read also of this uniballer chap, but im not sure who he is.. :/

Bala Verde said:
Hoogerland lashes out at RAB. He rode 2 seasons for RAB as a junior and in 2001, aged 18, he was forced to leave even after his RvV win. In 2001 a doping control revealed a suspicious epi/test ratio, for which he now has a medical attest (it was proven that he has naturally high levels)

Hoogerland is going to train in Spain in a couple of weeks to lay the basis for success in the classics.

abstract and quotes in Dutch

I pity professional cyclists - well all of them except one.

Their lives are just sooo insecure, every moment is crucial, they never seem to know who has their back, the team seems like they have no confidence in long term backing, I am sure that top level athletes don't eagerly pollute their bodies with God-only-knows cocktail performance enhancers. And then they do what they think is expected and then end up feeling like $10 vvhore. The whole culture seems to only be able to exist at the very margins of stability.

I wouldn't wish a career in cycling on my worst enemy.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
as for hooverland going to spain.. just confirms my already low opinion of him.... he will be applying for dual citizenship next so he can receive the same government protection offered to the rest of them..

This is the thing that I hate about cycling, a pro cyclist goes somewhere to train, and it is instantly assumed that he is up to no good. So where on earth is he meant to go for his training camp? I don't know, somewhere the weather is probably the best at this time of the year. If he is cheating, fair enough, but you know, what if he is actually putting in the hard yards every day? Nah impossible, he is there to eat paella and visit Fuentes.

And if you are going to give **** to somebody, get his ****ing name right. I'm no spelling nazi BTW, far from it.

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
And if you are going to give **** to somebody, get his ****ing name right. I'm no spelling nazi BTW, far from it.

Call me jaded, but I'd just assumed that was supposed to be a nickname implying his alleged tendencies to hoover up vast quantities of....whatever.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

LOL.

Although for me it's more the evil emperor johaan and darth Lance vs Alberto skywalker. Two trying to enslave all pro cycling, the other fighting back the forces of darkness against all odds.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
progressor said:
LOL.

Although for me it's more the evil emperor johaan and darth Lance vs Alberto skywalker. Two trying to enslave all pro cycling, the other fighting back the forces of darkness against all odds.

That works, just don't forget about Alexander Yodakourov, who will train up young Skywalker in the ways of attacking and fighting off boring cycling tactics.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

Curious...confirms your low opinion of him? How? Why? Why do you have a low opinion of him? I am curious...is there something I don't know about Hoogerland? Because he is training in Spain?

Well, what i'm going to post it isn't news, but I didn't knew another place to put it. Sorry.

&quot said:
2009 mountains classification winner Stefano Garzelli (Acqua & Sapone - Caffe Mokambo), sprinters Filippo Pozzato (Liquigas) and Alessandro Petacchi (LPR Brakes), former Giro Champion Damiano Cunego (Lampre-NGC) and former World Champion Alessandro Ballan (Lampre-NGC) joined Menchov as Race Director Angelo Zomegnan delivered details of the 21 stages and two rest days that comprise next year's race. The 2010 event will begin in Amsterdam, The Netherlands on May 8 and end 23 days later in Verona, Italy.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/gallery-giro-ditalia-stars-gather-at-the-2010-race-presentation

Cyclingnews should update their data base.:p

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
This is the thing that I hate about cycling, a pro cyclist goes somewhere to train, and it is instantly assumed that he is up to no good. So where on earth is he meant to go for his training camp? I don't know, somewhere the weather is probably the best at this time of the year. If he is cheating, fair enough, but you know, what if he is actually putting in the hard yards every day? Nah impossible, he is there to eat paella and visit Fuentes.

I agree with ya man. I find it hard that he can judge JH so much, because he has suddenly had some strong performances, when (as mentioned) Wiggo was practically the same in terms of GT racing.

He trains hard, and it is frowned upon... :rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
afpm90 said:
Apparently Sastre will not ride the 2010 Tour. He will focus in the Giro and the Vuelta.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sastre-leans-towards-giro-ditalia-vuelta-a-espana

Sastre:

"I don't know who makes these rumours up.
I haven't talked to the press about it since the Giro presentation. I want to repeat what I said there: I'll ride two Grand Tours and I will choose which two after the Vuelta presentation. Until then I don't have any preferences, I won't speak again about this."

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Sastre:

"I don't know who makes these rumours up.
I haven't talked to the press about it since the Giro presentation. I want to repeat what I said there: I'll ride two Grand Tours and I will choose which two after the Vuelta presentation. Until then I don't have any preferences, I won't speak again about this."

He should probably let his twitter alter ego know about that.

TRENDING THREADS