• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 498 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If you think that the 2021 Giro got presented too late, a quick reminder that the official presentation of the Tour de Romandie route will only take place on the 12th, 2 weeks before the start of the race. We know the start and finishing towns, but presenting the route only 2 weeks before the actual race starts has to be some kind of record. What's next, presenting the route of every stage right before the start of the stage?
A similar approach to Jonathan Vaughters announcing the selection for a race, or the kit before the first race.

Reactions: RedheadDane
If you think that the 2021 Giro got presented too late, a quick reminder that the official presentation of the Tour de Romandie route will only take place on the 12th, 2 weeks before the start of the race. We know the start and finishing towns, but presenting the route only 2 weeks before the actual race starts has to be some kind of record. What's next, presenting the route of every stage right before the start of the stage?
Just giving the riders a map, and compass on the start and making them navigate to set points along the way.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Romandie looks good

FQJSHYkXsAEyDT5

I love MTTs, mostly because we never, ever get to see them apart from in Romandie and one every 10th year in the Tour/Giro. So thats a huge plus for me and one will be looking forward to.

I wish Bennett was under contract with Lefevre and he for some reason was very angry with his results in the spring. That woulda been a fun one, because this one aint for the sprinters

Reactions: tobydawq
I love MTTs, mostly because we never, ever get to see them apart from in Romandie and one every 10th year in the Tour/Giro.
Another reason for proper Giro Rosa coverage.

Pretty crazy how we had three MTTs just after the Covid break (Slovenian NCs + Sibiu Tour + that Tour TT), and nothing that really fits the bill in a professional men's race since (the Bessèges TTs and the Suisse TT up and down Oberalppass come closest) so we're definitely overdue. Don't think the route is particularly brilliant otherwise though, lots of climbing that looks cool on the profiles but is at middling gradients. Flipping the order of the MTT and the Zinal stage would really have improved things too...

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS