• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 504 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The GCN app and player only started in mid 2020 when the season restarted after the first big lockdown. Certainly in the UK the GCN racing facebook page preceded this and that year the Herald Sun Tour and the Tour Down Under were broadcast live on that page. For those the host commentary was used, though if the same is done next year with the gcn player then I wonder if they'll use their own commentary now they have Robbie McEwen in the ranks.

GCN seems to have taken over from a lot of the ES Player stuff. And if you have ES Player, you get access to the stuff on GCN.
I used to watch a bunch of races in English because I couldn't figure out how to find Danish commentating for the non-interrupted streams.

The Santos Festival of Cycling was not the TDU. It was a non-UCI replacement race...
So, what you're saying is that the TDU - the actual TDU - will not in fact be geo-restricted? And that I can in fact hope that Tv2 Denmark will be showing it?

I am fully aware of the status of The Santos Festival of Cycling but is still got free to air and streaming coverage on Australian TV- Now if the TDU is shown on Danish TV that is good - Maybe GCN will pick up the race and it can be shown more widely - Now that McEwan is on board with GCN he will commentate on the TDU which is covered by a different TV channel, and not SBS which gave him the flick Does Danish TV cover the Cadel Race or the Aussie National Championships or the Herald Sun Tour ? - I gave you a comprehensive answer to the extent of TV coverage AFAIK - I have no problem watching these races through my VPN or on the Australian Network TV which broadcasts into the Asia/Pacific area - You could use initiative and contact Danish TV or Eurosport/GCN to see if they cover the TDU and other Aussie races, instead of criticising someone who is an answering your enquiries in good faith.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The GCN app and player only started in mid 2020 when the season restarted after the first big lockdown. Certainly in the UK the GCN racing facebook page preceded this and that year the Herald Sun Tour and the Tour Down Under were broadcast live on that page. For those the host commentary was used, though if the same is done next year with the gcn player then I wonder if they'll use their own commentary now they have Robbie McEwen in the ranks.

From memory Channel Nine covers the TDU which usually includes McEwan - The other races are covered by SBS which gave McEwen the flick.

FY__OmSXwAE9gZK

Walls, Matt Bostock, Derek Gee are the riders involved. Very lucky it wasn't any worse.

Edit: been confirmed everyones ok, just a lot of cuts & bruises.

Last edited:
  • Wow
According to the article the lack of the Muro is related to the Remco crash, are you kidding me?
I suppose they usually are descending Colma di Sormano down into Nesso, and use the road that goes along the Lago into Como? I was in Italy for a few weeks weeks and literally lived next to Colma from Nesso, and given that there really are no roads apart from the pretty dangerous roads along the lake, I basically climbed and descended that every day cause I had to in order to ride my bike. Anyways, I loved that downhill, and its not more difficult or more dangerous than any other descent. Fine roads. So thats obviously *** not to include it cause its dangerous.

What a waste of that first and second decent hill...

If this was a stage race 90% of the peloton is together at the end it looks like. The actual climbs are a waste with those descents. Just some climbs to tire some of the sprinters, but just another "Sprint Stage" UGH Dime a Dozen one day race not a memorable WC. Could be wrong but that profile is way worse than I hoped. :(:mad:

If this was a stage race 90% of the peloton is together at the end it looks like. The actual climbs are a waste with those descents. Just some climbs to tire some of the sprinters, but just another "Sprint Stage" UGH Dime a Dozen one day race not a memorable WC. Could be wrong but that profile is way worse than I hoped. :(:mad:
It’s Euro’s, still disappointing.

• Wow
Oooopsie but you are right disappointing but it seems kind of like the WC route for which we haven't see a real good profile I hope it's much better than this route.

The WC championship route in Wollongong will be one that suits GC/Ardennes types riders - No sprinter type will get through this type - I even have my doubts that Matthews can get through this course.

TRENDING THREADS