• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 505 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The WC championship route in Wollongong will be one that suits GC/Ardennes types riders - No sprinter type will get through this type - I even have my doubts that Matthews can get through this course.
I rode 90% of the course this summer (I have family who live on it).

Looks like Matthews can get through it, but he's close to the lowest level of climbing who can. The only true GC riders I see capable of winning this are Pogacar and Roglic unless they try from distance.

Wout and MVDP will go nuts on this course.

• Wow
Reactions: yaco and Sandisfan
Also, I dont buy the 'one of the climbers' at all either. I want to see Vingegaard etc. contest the win before I believe it - I wonder if he even wants to go.
Does Vingegaard race outside the month of July? I am just kidding ;).

Yeah, this looks like a classic MVDP vs Van Aert throw down. It should be a classic. Though I wouldn't count out an angry Pog, who almost managed to beat MVDP in Flanders.

Best line-up for The Tour of Denmark I've seen with a a lot of the classics riders and even some GC guys.

It looks like Benelux Tour 2.0 now that the race has been cancelled for 2022.

They should have replaced the flat Skive stage with another hilly stage since Vingegaard (they are passing his hometown) isn't there.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Nizzolo out of the EC RR after his Tour de l'Ain crash, Viviani will replace him. That means that Dainese will be even more of a clear cut nr. 1 on his team if it comes down to a bunch sprint.
Dainese
Trentin
Viviani
Mozzato
Baroncini
Milan
Ganna
Guarnieri

Potentially a top level sprint train, on paper they can fight for the 3rd place behind Belgium and the Dutch, but you never know. Dainese usually also doesn't have such a great sprint train.

Best line-up for The Tour of Denmark I've seen with a a lot of the classics riders and even some GC guys.

It looks like Benelux Tour 2.0 now that the race has been cancelled for 2022.

They should have replaced the flat Skive stage with another hilly stage since Vingegaard (they are passing his hometown) isn't there.
Apologies to the many Danes on this forum, but I didn't realise there were so many of you in WT teams! And that's just a small selection considering some aren't racing due to teams and other races!

TRENDING THREADS