• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 507 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Rory Sutherland is hard line when it comes to representing your country in the World's - He was disgusted by the performance of the Aussie men in the 2021 World's when Matthews had no support riders with 60 kms to go - You then add that as host country there is immense pressure to win a title - Expect a focus on the juniors, the mixed relay ITT and the under 23's.

I suspect Australia will select one of O'Connor or Hindley because of doubts that Matthews can make the final and also taking into account the absence of Haig - Would like them to take Plapp for development, however he will probably ride the under 23's.
We have some good news and bad news for you, Plapp has been selected for the elite mens team but they’ve also selected Hindley and O’Connor. I actually quite like the team, Matthews will be the leader and Simon Clarke is in the squad, wouldn’t be surprised to see him off the front at some stage.

We have some good news and bad news for you, Plapp has been selected for the elite mens team but they’ve also selected Hindley and O’Connor. I actually quite like the team, Matthews will be the leader and Simon Clarke is in the squad, wouldn’t be surprised to see him off the front at some stage.

The men's team is fine,except for taking both Hindley and O'Connor - I am glad they chose Plapp for development reasons - The women's team has one strange selection - Baker should never have been selected in front of Tiffany Cromwell - Really pleased that Spratt and Chapman were selected - From a BEX perspective if they can help Kristen Faulkner then you provide, although the USA will have a strong team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The men's team is fine,except for taking both Hindley and O'Connor - I am glad they chose Plapp for development reasons - The women's team has one strange selection - Baker should never have been selected in front of Tiffany Cromwell - Really pleased that Spratt and Chapman were selected - From a BEX perspective if they can help Kristen Faulkner then you provide, although the USA will have a strong team.
I agree that Cromwell would of been a better choice. Providing Hindley and O’Connor agree to work then I don’t mind them going.

A little tribute to Herman Van Springel, who died at the age of 79 yesterday. He was one of the most likeable champions, always with a big smile and nice to hear in interviews.

He's often remembered for his second place in the Tour, but he's also won lots of races, including 7x Bordeaux-Paris, the Giro di Lombardia,
Gent-Wevelgem, Omloop, E3, Brabantse Pijl, Züri-Metzgete and five Tour stages. He had a long and consistent career with a podium in the three Grand Tours. After his professional career he remained an active cyclist. In short he's someone who deserves to be remembered!

210px-Herman_Van_Springel_en_1970.jpg

A little tribute to Herman Van Springel, who died at the age of 79 yesterday. He was one of the most likeable champions, always with a big smile and nice to hear in interviews.

He's often remembered for his second place in the Tour, but he's also won lots of races, including 7x Bordeaux-Paris, the Giro di Lombardia,
Gent-Wevelgem, Omloop, E3, Brabantse Pijl, Züri-Metzgete and five Tour stages. He had a long and consistent career with a podium in the three Grand Tours. After his professional career he remained an active cyclist. In short he's someone who deserves to be remembered!

210px-Herman_Van_Springel_en_1970.jpg
7 Bordeax Paris wins sat behind a choking Derny for hour after hour, not very pleasant to say the least.

• Wow
Danish (Elite Men) team for the World Championships:

Mattias Skjelmose Jensen (Trek - Segafredo)
Jakob Fuglsang (Israel - Premier Tech)
Søren Kragh Andersen (Team DSM)
Magnus Cort Nielsen (EF Education-EasyPost)
Alexander Kamp (Trek - Segafredo)
Michael Mørkøv (Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl Team)
Mikkel Honoré (Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl Team)
Mikkel Bjerg (UAE Team Emirates)

Danish (Elite Men) team for the World Championships:

Mattias Skjelmose Jensen (Trek - Segafredo)
Jakob Fuglsang (Israel - Premier Tech)
Søren Kragh Andersen (Team DSM)
Magnus Cort Nielsen (EF Education-EasyPost)
Alexander Kamp (Trek - Segafredo)
Michael Mørkøv (Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl Team)
Mikkel Honoré (Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl Team)
Mikkel Bjerg (UAE Team Emirates)
When the 3 (maybe 4) best riders arent there, its not too shabby, but they will still need miracles.

TRENDING THREADS