• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 513 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In oder to avoid it getting lost in the TdF rumour thread, I'll post it here instead.

The 2022 Tour de France Femmes AZ might start in Clermont-Ferrand (similar to an idea I had for a fantasy TdFF, where Michelin would have been the primary sponsor) and head south through the Pyrenees, and not visit Paris. Also if I understand that paragraph correctly, which I sure hope I don't, LSPDBF might host the final again??????????????

Après un départ auvergnat, l’épreuve devrait prendre la direction du sud. Alors que la course s’était achevée dans les Vosges cette année, avec une ascension de la Super Planche des Belles Filles en guise de conclusion, la montagne devrait à nouveau occuper une place centrale dans le final de la course.

It means the final stages will be in the mountains. In this context 'la montagne' refers to the mountains (so the Pyrenees) and not to the mountain (LPDBF)

Après un départ auvergnat, l’épreuve devrait prendre la direction du sud. Alors que la course s’était achevée dans les Vosges cette année, avec une ascension de la Super Planche des Belles Filles en guise de conclusion, la montagne devrait à nouveau occuper une place centrale dans le final de la course.

It means the final stages will be in the mountains. In this context 'la montagne' refers to the mountains (so the Pyrenees) and not to the mountain (LPDBF)

Thanks. I was also under the impression that it wouldn't feature in any major races for at least a year.

LPDBF should only ever host NO races ever again.

At least with the title of Tour de France in.

I really don't understand the general hatred towards LPDBF. Sure, it has been used a bit much in recent years, but from that to say it should never be used again.
It did give us one of the more exciting TdF finishes in recent years.

I really don't understand the general hatred towards LPDBF. Sure, it has been used a bit much in recent years, but from that to say it should never be used again.
I don’t hate the climb but in my opinion it’s being overused, give it a break from the Tour for a couple of years which I think would help and when it comes back might have some more excitement about it.

As stryder hell's says, it seems to be used regularly since it's introduction. Almost too regularly for somewhere that's a dead end road. I guess the race wanted something similar with the finale of the TdFF this year to that of the 2020 TdF, but forgot Annemiek van Vleuten is a monster and that the 2020 race was a tt and this was a road stage.

As stryder hell's says, it seems to be used regularly since it's introduction. Almost too regularly for somewhere that's a dead end road. I guess the race wanted something similar with the finale of the TdFF this year to that of the 2020 TdF, but forgot Annemiek van Vleuten is a monster and that the 2020 race was a tt and this was a road stage.

Yeah, but quite a middle ground between "Let's use it all the time" and "Let's never use it again."

Cipo behind bars for a while.
It's only first instance, they are gonna appeal the sentence.
It would be one thing if it was only his ex wife accusing him and no withnesses (there are, apparently he started choking her in a gym), but another female friend of his and his own sister have made similar accuses.
That said, it is interesting that his 2 adult daughters are still joining him often in public, despite their mother's accusations.

TRENDING THREADS