• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 514 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
How does this actually work? Are you allowed to shop or to work out? And if so, isn't it quite a soft sort of punishment?
You're allowed to go buy groceries or medicines in case you're living alone. And you're allowed to work.
Normally you're not allowed to go outside for any other reason, unless you get an exemption.

Most Italian jails are overcrowded. That's why house arrests are prevalent for "minor" crimes.

You're allowed to go buy groceries or medicines in case you're living alone. And you're allowed to work.
Normally you're not allowed to go outside for any other reason, unless you get an exemption.

Most Italian jails are overcrowded. That's why house arrests are prevalent for "minor" crimes.
Probably a bit off topic but yes, the local one in Bolzano/Bozen is overcrowded and has a rep for having some of the worst living conditions and resocialization rates in Italy.
Just look at that thing:
1600x900_1587727569028.2404_PENALISTI_SU_CARCERI____00001201_1156356.jpg

gefangnis2.png

Reactions: Sandisfan
I read a pretty sketchy article about getting into bed with the devil depending on sponsorship money. Even the title is absolutely f--king stupid.
If you are under a rock for multiple decades sure you could write that and be excused for just not having a clue.
If you go top down, with a rider standing next to a bicycle, not including the bike start..
The helmet is made from petroleum products.. Synthetic materials in base layer, jersey, jackets and rain gear, bibs, almost certainly contain synthetic something.. Socks..repeat.. Depending on season leg and arm warmers and forget about shoes..don't see many offerings w natural materials.. Almost all contain some form of plastic..
The bikes.. I really don't need to go into detail that nothing is natural on the bicycle and the tires..again it's a dead horse.. The way you get rubber compounds is not natural.. Tires don't occur organically..
And going to and from races, majority of support in major races use nothing natural.. And it's not looking like renewable anything is part of the bike industry or racing plan.. So putting cash in your account from an oil company is bad? Putting a Shell shell on the sleeve of your jersey is evil?.. Come on.. way way too woke to be written by anyone who knows anything about bike racing at any level..
Love to see the crying while discovering how lycra is made and what of..or what the components are of @95% of bicycle helmets..Bike racing should embrace sponsor loot from hard liquor companies and beef slaughter houses.. anyone and everyone.. Shell Oil included.. without oil companies there would be no bike racing as we know it.. And no pictures from helicopters, cars and motorcycles..

Reactions: pastronef and yaco
I read a pretty sketchy article about getting into bed with the devil depending on sponsorship money. Even the title is absolutely f--king stupid.
If you are under a rock for multiple decades sure you could write that and be excused for just not having a clue.
If you go top down, with a rider standing next to a bicycle, not including the bike start..
The helmet is made from petroleum products.. Synthetic materials in base layer, jersey, jackets and rain gear, bibs, almost certainly contain synthetic something.. Socks..repeat.. Depending on season leg and arm warmers and forget about shoes..don't see many offerings w natural materials.. Almost all contain some form of plastic..
The bikes.. I really don't need to go into detail that nothing is natural on the bicycle and the tires..again it's a dead horse.. The way you get rubber compounds is not natural.. Tires don't occur organically..
And going to and from races, majority of support in major races use nothing natural.. And it's not looking like renewable anything is part of the bike industry or racing plan.. So putting cash in your account from an oil company is bad? Putting a Shell shell on the sleeve of your jersey is evil?.. Come on.. way way too woke to be written by anyone who knows anything about bike racing at any level..
Love to see the crying while discovering how lycra is made and what of..or what the components are of @95% of bicycle helmets..Bike racing should embrace sponsor loot from hard liquor companies and beef slaughter houses.. anyone and everyone.. Shell Oil included.. without oil companies there would be no bike racing as we know it.. And no pictures from helicopters, cars and motorcycles..

All of which totally overlooks the conduct of the KSA in the realm of human rights and foreign affairs. Forum rules prohibit me from saying more, but please do not be so naive as to assume that the discomfort about this arrangement is principally an anti-oil industry matter.

@Red Rick or any other Admin: Unchained's comment and my reply probably belong in the Movistar thread rather than here.

Yea, but it isn't about eliminating a virtuous use of petrol biproducts, but taking a stand against ruining the planet.

Yea, but it isn't about eliminating a virtuous use of petrol biproducts, but taking a stand against ruining the planet.
It's always going to be self feeding.. the3rd world, developing countries aspire for the things of the West.. Bigger modern homes, cars,trucks, motorcycles, if vast increases in participation in this part of development, the economy more fossil fuel use..and just a single event.. Let's say Tour D,France.. hundreds of official vehicles, motorcycles, support, tractor trailers putting up and tearing down all the apparatus and going on to the next stage.. and air travel.. Helicopters every day.. and sometimes riders and staff have to fly between stages..this is the footprint of cycling.. In the US for example we have NBA,NFL,NHL,MLB,monster trucks, motocross and dozens of others completely dependent on fossil fuels for the business model for years to come.. And as I said before.. not much press on Cycling News and other sites about negating plastic and fossil fuels from cycling.. Don't hear widespread conversation about the use of drones vs helicopters.. Don't know about your part of the world.. But in mine ( a world leader I will add) non fossil fuel vehicles are unavailable.. No current 18 wheelers ,no motorcycles, and no pickup trucks or vans available.. No aircraft.. So do I 1000% agree, yes, but wherever you look ,the wholesale abandonment is nowhere close.. If you come here you would think that every @10th car is a Tesla or Prius . And cycling has gone completely180..the ability to recycle a bicycle was relatively simple before E bike explosion.. such growth, that in the SW United States.. E bike shops that don't carry human powered bicycles are popping up all over.. Even if you and I don't like it.. Agreed we don't.. Combustion engine vehicles and petro chemical everything are part of the future for years to come.. China, India.. in no position for wholesale adoption of non fossil fuel economy.. US nowhere close.. Just ordered bibs and winter jerseys, shoe covers.. all made from a process involving petro chemical engineering

It's always going to be self feeding.. the3rd world, developing countries aspire for the things of the West.. Bigger modern homes, cars,trucks, motorcycles, if vast increases in participation in this part of development, the economy more fossil fuel use..and just a single event.. Let's say Tour D,France.. hundreds of official vehicles, motorcycles, support, tractor trailers putting up and tearing down all the apparatus and going on to the next stage.. and air travel.. Helicopters every day.. and sometimes riders and staff have to fly between stages..this is the footprint of cycling.. In the US for example we have NBA,NFL,NHL,MLB,monster trucks, motocross and dozens of others completely dependent on fossil fuels for the business model for years to come.. And as I said before.. not much press on Cycling News and other sites about negating plastic and fossil fuels from cycling.. Don't hear widespread conversation about the use of drones vs helicopters.. Don't know about your part of the world.. But in mine ( a world leader I will add) non fossil fuel vehicles are unavailable.. No current 18 wheelers ,no motorcycles, and no pickup trucks or vans available.. No aircraft.. So do I 1000% agree, yes, but wherever you look ,the wholesale abandonment is nowhere close.. If you come here you would think that every @10th car is a Tesla or Prius . And cycling has gone completely180..the ability to recycle a bicycle was relatively simple before E bike explosion.. such growth, that in the SW United States.. E bike shops that don't carry human powered bicycles are popping up all over.. Even if you and I don't like it.. Agreed we don't.. Combustion engine vehicles and petro chemical everything are part of the future for years to come.. China, India.. in no position for wholesale adoption of non fossil fuel economy.. US nowhere close.. Just ordered bibs and winter jerseys, shoe covers.. all made from a process involving petro chemical engineering
Right, but that has nothing to do with taking a position, however futile. At least we die with a clean conscience.

Still turning a deaf ear to the whole issue of KSA and human rights/military policies.

Kinda like they hope will be the result of them sponsoring some cycling teams and races to get people to think of them more fondly. Hook, line and sinker.

Reactions: StryderHells
The route for 2023 Eschborn Frankfurt has been announced today:
1667402394_1_max.jpg

Next year they will climb the Feldberg in the middle of the race for a second time. From km 90 to 120 they will climb the Mammolshain twice and then the more difficult site from the Feldberg. Fabian Wegmann said, that they want create more tension with that. I think this will definitely change the charakteristic of the race. From the last passage of the Mammolshain it´s also "only" 36 km to the finish line and not 41 km like this year.

The route for 2023 Eschborn Frankfurt has been announced today:
1667402394_1_max.jpg

Next year they will climb the Feldberg in the middle of the race for a second time. From km 90 to 120 they will climb the Mammolshain twice and then the more difficult site from the Feldberg. Fabian Wegmann said, that they want create more tension with that. I think this will definitely change the charakteristic of the race. From the last passage of the Mammolshain it´s also "only" 36 km to the finish line and not 41 km like this year.

That's a profile straight for the "Worst Profiles" thread! Before you look at the numbers, you'd be inclined to think they're climbing some giant mountain.

TRENDING THREADS