• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Graham Brown extends with Rabobank until the end of 2011. I guess winning sprints at the Jayco Bay Classic is good enough to keep your PT contract. As well as knocking down sprinters who at their peak were twice the sprinter you ever will be.

craig1985 said:
Graham Brown extends with Rabobank until the end of 2011. I guess winning sprints at the Jayco Bay Classic is good enough to keep your PT contract. As well as knocking down sprinters who at their peak were twice the sprinter you ever will be.
Every team needs a B-list sprinter, to send to such races as the Ronde van het Groene Hart, Tour of Austria, Tour Down Under, and what have you. Although Brown should probably be happy that Theo Bos went to Cervélo, otherwise Graeme would be without contract right now.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Every team needs a B-list sprinter, to send to such races as the Ronde van het Groene Hart, Tour of Austria, Tour Down Under, and what have you. Although Brown should probably be happy that Theo Bos went to Cervélo, otherwise Graeme would be without contract right now.

Don't forget Zeeland tour and Eneco tour.:rolleyes:

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
tomfoolery

In Russia, they know what cycling, and tembolee Katyusha, a maximum of 5,000 people. What a stupid article about a conspiracy 2uh countries tembolee about Putin! Cycling in this country in the third top ten in popularity. He does not know about this team Nitsche, are you in europe very brains of attorney? And tembolee in Russia each year are killed by the Nazis in 1000 Kazakhs, about any friendly relationship in question and also in Kazakhstan?? we hate each other

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Denkoff, i can understand english isn't your first language (for me -- it's my third ;) ), but next time, at least show some effort in your trolling.

The article he's referring to with weird ideas about Katyusha-Astana alliance looks just as stupid, though.

Putin? U-huh.

Riiiiiiiiiight.
________
Motorcycle tires

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The Sheep said:
Danny Nelissen (dutch eurosport commentator) is saying on twitter Contador and Schleck will ride together next year according to his secret source. :rolleyes:

He said during yesterdays stage that the Luxembourg team would not come to fruition and that Andy would go to Astana

Thus in all probability spouting bullshit, he really has lost it. If this came to be, I would truly buy him a drink for being right, but really there is no chance

Barrus said:
He said during yesterdays stage that the Luxembourg team would not come to fruition and that Andy would go to Astana

Thus in all probability spouting bullshit, he really has lost it. If this came to be, I would truly buy him a drink for being right, but really there is no chance
Career-wise it would be utterly stupid for Andy to move to the team with his main opponent in the Tour, who is probably slightly stronger than him and whom he will therefore probably end up working for.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh well, if they were in the same team, and I know it will never happen, but hypothetically speaking it could still be very beneficial for both of them. Like Conti could do the Vuelta/Giro combination for a season while Schleck takes the Tour and vice versa.

Let's face it, those two in the same Grand Tour makes for boring television so far.

El Pistolero said:
Oh well, if they were in the same team, and I know it will never happen, but hypothetically speaking it could still be very beneficial for both of them. Like Conti could do the Vuelta/Giro combination for a season while Schleck takes the Tour and vice versa.

Let's face it, those two in the same Grand Tour makes for boring television so far.
Does it? ;)

Oh, and we've known for a while now that Vacansoleil has set its sights on a GC rider. L'Equipe now knows who it is: Denis Menchov. :cool:

TRENDING THREADS