• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 532 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Avenir routes were announced today. The men's race has the godforsaken TTT (again), MTFs at Col de la Loze (again) and Col du Mont Cenis, a MTT to Les Karellis before the final stage takes on the southern side of Iséran (again) on the way to the easy MTF at Sainte Foy.
5-971x800.png

The inaugural women's race does actually have a regular ITT, in addition to mountain stages to Mégève and also to Sainte Foy (approaching from the other side, so no Iséran).
Tour%20de%20lAvenir%20Femmes%202023.jpg

The Avenir routes were announced today. The men's race has the godforsaken TTT (again), MTFs at Col de la Loze (again) and Col du Mont Cenis, a MTT to Les Karellis before the final stage takes on the southern side of Iséran (again) on the way to the easy MTF at Sainte Foy.
The MTT is a split stage and on the same day as the Mont-Cenis MTF.

Going by the length and the vertical gain, it's from Le Bouchet to Les Karellis, middle 11 km of the cyclingcols profile:
KarellisN.gif

I think the stage to Mont-Cenis will only feature Côte de Saint-André and Côte d'Aussois before Mont-Cenis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Besides the TTT it actually looks fine. The text on their website has big Google translate energy...
Cenis as a MTF from the French side is pretty meh, unless you put it at the end of a tappone with steep climbs before Iseran from the easier side (Bisanne and Col du Pre would be my option). Still, it's a half stage, so it's ok in my book.

I think the final stage will look like this, maybe without Villaroger:
No Villaroger and the start in Val Cenis/Termignon proper (like the grafic mentions) a few kms earlier and it's probably it. Adds a short ramp right at the start and we should reach that kind of distance.

TRENDING THREADS