• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 103 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
T-Nielsen said:
Considering, that he has already had a verdict rewarding him with about a million euro (I think), he probably think it safe to appeal the amount.

Yeah about, I think it was close to 700,000 for the remainder of his contract. The judge decided against RAB's instant termination of his contract. (I guess the judge thought this was disproportionate, or not according to normal processes, and that they should have suspended him instead, after which they could have refused to renew his contract). He now claims that this decision has had further (foreseeable) consequences, such as the loss of already agreed upon criterium fees (300K), sponsor contracts and other premiums.

see wielerupdate in dutch

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Yeah about, I think it was close to 700,000 for the remainder of his contract. The judge decided against RAB's instant termination of his contract. (I guess the judge thought this was disproportionate, or not according to normal processes, and that they should have suspended him instead, after which they could have refused to renew his contract). He now claims that this decision has had further (foreseeable) consequences, such as the loss of already agreed upon criterium fees (300K), sponsor contracts and other premiums.

see wielerupdate in dutch
From the top of my head. The court found it right to terminate his contract by doing things that were against the rules. However Rabo didn't act when they found out what Ras was up to, only when it blew up in public. Therefor found to pay the remaining money for the contract.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Philippe Gilbert will not ride the Vuelta. He'll do the Clásica de San Sebastián, Vattenfall Cyclassics, Grand Prix Cycliste de Québec, Grand Prix Cycliste de Montréal, GP Ouest-France and the Eneco Tour instead.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Most of the sprinters should be doing the Vuelta I would think.

They don't overlap? Farrar won last year and 2 stages at the Vuelta. Though Gilbert could win from attacking on the final hill and get away with a small group.

TRENDING THREADS