• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 111 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Lille - Rouen sounds really nice, plus I'm excited to have an arrivée/départ in Metz. It's quite a pretty town. If I'm around I'll go to see the stages for sure

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
Lille - Rouen sounds really nice, plus I'm excited to have an arrivée/départ in Metz. It's quite a pretty town. If I'm around I'll go to see the stages for sure

What's special about it? I'll probably go to Lille as well, not that far from here. Probably closer than Liège!

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
I thought that was a bit of wishful thinking but shows how much I know

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-di-padania-route-unveiled-in-italy

no website yet as far as I can tell

more details

http://www.****iociclismo.it/?action=read&idnotizia=12816

http://www.ciclismo-online.it/index...primo-giro-di-padania&catid=42:news&Itemid=54

Damn the word filter.

**** means spaz
Padania is a name coined by the Italian Lega Nord political party to describe the northern part of Italy it hopes could one day become an autonomous region.

The race leader’s jersey will be green, the colour of the Lega Nord political party.

Don't much like the sound of this...

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Potential civil unrest in Italy? Where's Gino Bartali when you need him?
Haha. I was referring more to the fact that the race appears to be a blatant propaganda vehicle for Umberto Bossi and chums. They could have been a little more subtle.

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Cadel Evans isnt one to say no to a political cause though. They said they want him and you dont need Machiavelli to talk him into this one.

Cadel has been outspoken on political causes before, yes, but on issues like the freedom of Tibet. I don't see him supporting the quasi-fascist, racist Lega Nord any time soon.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
fujitourer said:
Cadel has been outspoken on political causes before, yes, but on issues like the freedom of Tibet. I don't see him supporting the quasi-fascist, racist Lega Nord any time soon.

Was Tibet any better before China annexed it? No, it was actually worse.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Will the Schlecks be able to mentally cope getting beaten again by him?
LOL, They'll lose 10 mins to Evans in the 8km prologue. :D

Had a look at the route and pretty much every stage is at a very high altitude. I guess Cadel would go on and do the one day races in Canada and then Herald Sun Tour to finish season?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
LOL, They'll lose 10 mins to Evans in the 8km prologue. :D

Had a look at the route and pretty much every stage is at a very high altitude. I guess Cadel would go on and do the one day races in Canada and then Herald Sun Tour to finish season?

I think his season will be something like this: Colorado, Canadian races, Emilia, Lombardia,

When does Sun Tour take place?

Anyway, he can definitely add some nice things to his already impressive season this year. I hope Contador will also go to Colorado(he'll do some races this year, but not confirmed which ones yet) to see a cool showdown between the two. Looking to be an interesting race already regardless of Contador going to Colorado.

He's also going to win the World Tour I think. If he does well in the one day races which he definitely can.

TRENDING THREADS