• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 112 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
yes but there will be no fight between these big names.they will just relax there.

maybe the schlecks, but im sure contador and evans will try for the win. maybe even frank. Whats the profiles like, is it mountainous.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
it's not a big thing to have a lot of top riders in the race while most of these riders are going there more like the tourists than the cyclists

El Pistolero said:
He's also going to win the World Tour I think. If he does well in the one day races which he definitely can.

He already has more points than was necessary to win the WT in either of its two previous editions. There might be more points available this year, because of the Tour of Beijing (if...), but 574 ought to be enough already.

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
jobiwan said:
Who will it be? Leopard had been rumored.

Vacansoleil. Now, what does this bode for Gilbert, will Omega Pharma be able to afford him? Gilbert needs an attacking, aggressive squad. De Gent, Hoogerland, etc. would be great lieutenants for PG.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Omega Pharma - Vacansoleil... hmmm not the best name for the team but better than Omega Pharma - Leopard though. I don't think they'll be capable of signing Gilbert. He's smart enough to demand the 3-years deal now, when he's in the prime of his career so the price can be out of reach... I guess BMC is more realistic.

michaeld said:
Vacansoleil. Now, what does this bode for Gilbert, will Omega Pharma be able to afford him? Gilbert needs an attacking, aggressive squad. De Gent, Hoogerland, etc. would be great lieutenants for PG.

Probably not......Vacansoleil were saying a few days or so back that they needed more money to keep existing stars. And well the reason Omega Pharma are looking for a merger is because they can't fund a team on their own.

Also big budgeted teams would have made Gilbert pretty huge offers eg. BMC, Astana

dlwssonic said:
maybe the schlecks, but im sure contador and evans will try for the win. maybe even frank. Whats the profiles like, is it mountainous.

It may be more about who has got any sort of form left, than desire to win.
I can't see Bertie having much left in his tank.

I would expect to see a very strong Shack line up, trying to to prove a point in front of a home, after their Tour debacle.

The ToCO line up, in it's first year, already appears to be kicking the 4th GT's butt.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
Is AC riding???

El Pistolero said:
I think his season will be something like this: Colorado, Canadian races, Emilia, Lombardia,

When does Sun Tour take place?

Anyway, he can definitely add some nice things to his already impressive season this year. I hope Contador will also go to Colorado(he'll do some races this year, but not confirmed which ones yet) to see a cool showdown between the two. Looking to be an interesting race already regardless of Contador going to Colorado.

He's also going to win the World Tour I think. If he does well in the one day races which he definitely can.
Sun tour takes place during mid october so he won't be able to do Lombardia if he does Sun tour.

TRENDING THREADS