• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 121 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be a remodelling of the Colombia es Pasion team, splitting into a continental team based in Colombia and a Pro-Conti team based in Italy. Apparently the impetus comes from President Santos, who was inspired by watching 'Invictus' (yeah, a bit odd).

Choosing Corti as DS is very disappointing, especially given the team's philosophy in its current incarnation.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I went to the great wall before, its hilly alright. From the airplane I could see that areas outside of beijing were really mountainous terrain. But of cause the city is pretty flat.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
SPN.DK | Alberto Contador is ready to extend his project with Bjarne Riis and Saxo Bank-SunGard.

At the end of 2012, Alberto Contador will be able to put Bjarne Riis' cycling team, Saxo Bank-SunGard, behind him, since the Spaniard's contract expires then.

But that’s unlikely, despite the disappointing fifth place in the Tour de France and the Spaniard's doping case, which is expected to be settled in November. Not if it's up to Alberto Contador.

"I'm very happy to be on the team. I believe in the future, and I'd like to stay, if Bjarne wants me," he tells Jyllands-Posten with a wry smile. "I took what was the best option for me last year. It is very important for me to work together with Bjarne. "

*** edited by mod ***

MOD NOTE: It is not allowed to reprint entire stories from other websites. Please provide the link.

------

Contador going to Tirreno-Adriatico next year :p

Perhap's he'll copy Cadel's program of last year with the Vuelta added to it. Would be better for him to skip races like Algarve and Murcia.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
The Italian race was a contributing factor in Alberto Contador's inability to dominate in the Tour, as he usually does. Instead, the Spaniard will try to win both the Tour de France and Vuelta a España in 2012, plus Tirreno-Adriatico in the early part of the season.

"I think that it's possible. If the routes are good for me, with prologues and longer time trials, it can be done," says Contador, whose 2011 season ended early, in mid-August.

"I'm tired now. Not only my body, but also mentally. I need to get myself rested if I want to get back to the highest level. There are many things that have made it difficult for me," he says, referring to the doping case. "But I think I've gotten stronger after this Tour de France. Mentally stronger."

------

Perhap's he'll copy Cadel's program of last year with the Vuelta added to it. Would be better for him to skip races like Algarve and Murcia.

Cadel can now beat him like a baby seal in Italy. Oh the joy!:)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
SPN.DK | Alberto Contador is ready to extend his project with Bjarne Riis and Saxo Bank-SunGard.

At the end of 2012, Alberto Contador will be able to put Bjarne Riis' cycling team, Saxo Bank-SunGard, behind him, since the Spaniard's contract expires then.

But that’s unlikely, despite the disappointing fifth place in the Tour de France and the Spaniard's doping case, which is expected to be settled in November. Not if it's up to Alberto Contador.

"I'm very happy to be on the team. I believe in the future, and I'd like to stay, if Bjarne wants me," he tells Jyllands-Posten with a wry smile. "I took what was the best option for me last year. It is very important for me to work together with Bjarne. "

*** edited by mod ***

MOD NOTE: It is not allowed to reprint entire stories from other websites. Please provide the link.

------

SPN.DK was the link. First words of the post you know.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
If El Pistolero really would want to make an impression, he would get France's ranking with it...

Gilbert scores 2x as much as France 5 best

If you wanted to hit him back you can still talk about soccer and the world cup.
Belgium's number 1 sport:eek:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
If you wanted to hit him back you can still talk about soccer and the world cup.
Belgium's number 1 sport:eek:

No, you can't. I really really really hate football. Boring sport that only wastes money. The day we stop giving money to the national team will be a good day indeed.

I never watch football except the final of the World cup. And that match was a good laugh indeed :D

The only Belgian football player I know is Lukaku.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
No, you can't. I really really really hate football. Boring sport that only wastes money. The day we stop giving money to the national team will be a good day indeed.

I never watch football except the final of the World cup. And that match was a good laugh indeed :D

The only Belgian football player I know is Lukaku.

But your whole country is crazy about football. Its the no1 sport there.
You guys have some hope in athletics too. Theres that good runner Kevin Borlee.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
But your whole country is crazy about football. Its the no1 sport there.
You guys have some hope in athletics too. Theres that good runner Kevin Borlee.

We have Kim Clijsters in tennis. But I also find tennis to be somewhat boring... Every country is crazy about football whether they're good at it or not, it's the biggest sport in the world. Doesn't mean I care for it. I ignore pretty much everything related to football.

Jonathon Borlee is faster than Kevin Borlee by the way(But Kevin is like Phil while Jonathan is more like Andy Schleck in terms of personality). They can definitely get bronze at the Olympics next year(one of the 2). Which is incredible for white guys.

Football isn't any bigger here then let's say Austria...

I've grown up in an Athletics family which would explain why I have zero interest in a sport like football.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
We have Kim Clijsters in tennis. But I also find tennis to be somewhat boring... Every country is crazy about football whether they're good at it or not, it's the biggest sport in the world. Doesn't mean I care for it. I ignore pretty much everything related to football.

Jonathon Borlee is faster than Kevin Borlee by the way(But Kevin is like Phil while Jonathan is more like Andy Schleck in terms of personality). They can definitely get bronze at the Olympics next year(one of the 2). Which is incredible for white guys.

Football isn't any bigger here then let's say Austria...

Yup like my country is crazy about football eventhough we suck at nearly every sport and our team is full of foreigners. Our fifa ranking is 129 just behind luxemborg:eek:. I guess its ok for such a tiny country like mine.
The Borlee brothers are in the shadow of Christophe Lemaitre now though.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
Yup like my country is crazy about football eventhough we suck at nearly every sport and our team is full of foreigners. Our fifa ranking is 129 just behind luxemborg:eek:. I guess its ok for such a tiny country like mine.

Wouldn't have thought you came from Singapore. You know you suck in a sport when you come behind Luxembourg though :eek:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:

I thought you were English or something.

TRENDING THREADS