• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 122 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Here is a list of riders who will possibly be riding for the new Colombian team based in Italy:

Juan Pablo Suarez, Rafael Infantino y Edward Beltrán (EPM-UNE), Víctor Hugo Peña, Luis Felipe Laverde, Jarlinson Pantano, Juan Pablo Forero, Robinson Chalapud, Dalivier Ospina (Colombia Es pasión 4-72),Wilson Marentes (Formesan Panachi Indersantander), Edwin Parra (Boyacá Orgullo de América), Carlos Julián Quintero, Frank Osorio (GW Shimano).

Plus maybe Quintana, Chavez and Acevedo.

Alvaro Mejia, Buenahora and Oliverio Cardenas have been offered positions on the staff.

http://www.revistamundociclistico.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10587&Itemid=74

Problem, is many of the riders already have contracts - I doubt teams like EPM-Une will be willing to let them go without a fight.

Feel sorry for the Colombia es Pasion staff - it seems like they are going to be pushed out.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Wouldn't have thought you came from Singapore. You know you suck in a sport when you come behind Luxembourg though :eek:

craig1985 said:
I thought you were English or something.

Haha you guys know theres a country called Singapore:eek:
I thought it was an insignificant small dot. We suck in all sports, its not our thing. We are better at academics though:D.
Why on earth did you think that??

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
what are the chances for Quintana and Chavez?

so will this mean more European racing?
Suarez Suarez I could see doing well in quite a few semi-Italian races.

I don't know, but I would guess it is a question of whether they go straight into the ProConti team based in Italy or have a year or two with the Continental team based in Colombia.

The idea is that the Italian-based team rides an entirely European calendar, it seems.

It also says in the article that Coldeportes (which is a government body) intends to have the next Vuelta a Colombia televised in its entirety.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
I thought it was an insignificant small dot. We suck in all sports, its not our thing. We are better at academics though:D.

I guess becasue you use very good English here ;-)

Well, I know Singapore is a country, though I assciate it more with China and foremost Great Britain. You have excellent Fornula Gran Prix tough :) Only 12 days to go actually :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:

If I had a dollar every time someone asked where you cam from.... You've told people that many times.:rolleyes:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Don't really know where to place it...but Michael Boogerd now started a career as professional ...Figure skater :eek:

He won the Dutch star dancing on ice program early this year, and now decided to go on with it.

Oh boy..... There goes my last respect for Boogerd :p

Nah, he's still a nice guy haha. No one looks more Dutch than him. He just needs to look paler.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:

Singapore is a pretty well known country I think. As long as you don't ask people where it's located :eek:

Somewhere up north on the Indonesian archipello. One of the more prosperous countries of the region, so that's something at least :p

El Pistolero said:
Oh boy..... There goes my last respect for Boogerd :p

Nah, he's still a nice guy haha. No one looks more Dutch than him. He just needs to look paler.

Or is more Dutch than him. I mean, nothing is more Dutch than finishing close, but not winning. Boogerd is like the best example of that.

He could've won 15 one-day hilly races if he actually had some sort of finishing skill. So often the best in the race, but beaten by someone faster in the sprint

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Don't really know where to place it...but Michael Boogerd now started a career as professional ...Figure skater :eek:

He won the Dutch star dancing on ice program early this year, and now decided to go on with it.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Or is more Dutch than him. I mean, nothing is more Dutch than finishing close, but not winning. Boogerd is like the best example of that.

He could've won 15 one-day hilly races if he actually had some sort of finishing skill. So often the best in the race, but beaten by someone faster in the sprint

Well, the good news for Boogy is there is no sprint finish in figure skating. Hopefully he can stay upright and not hit the deck.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:

That you're fluent in English, and there not too many cycling fans from Singapore as well. I've had a few stop overs at Singapore Airport, huuuuuge place.

auscyclefan94 said:
If I had a dollar every time someone asked where you cam from.... You've told people that many times.:rolleyes:

Not everybody has time to read the vast majority of threads so it might be missed :)

dlwssonic said:

They visit Singapore in PoTC: AWE! :D
And it's what you get if you sing a vegetable...

Dekker_Tifosi said:

Ooh... why not?

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

El Pistolero said:
Singapore is a pretty well known country I think. As long as you don't ask people where it's located :eek:

Somewhere up north on the Indonesian archipello. One of the more prosperous countries of the region, so that's something at least

RedheadDane said:
They visit Singapore in PoTC: AWE!
And it's what you get if you sing a vegetable...

@ACF Yup they all think Im Aussie just because Im a big fan of Evans.
@Pistolero Haha correct, its right below malaysia. Richest country in SEA too!:D
@Dane Its not the undeveloped tropical jungle PoTC makes it look like. Its a first world country and there is hardly any jungles left. You can see it when F1 comes which is pretty soon. It looks like this

singapore.jpg

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
I guess becasue you use very good English here ;-)

Well, I know Singapore is a country, though I assciate it more with China and foremost Great Britain. You have excellent Fornula Gran Prix tough :) Only 12 days to go actually :p

I do? I thought my english was pretty broken:p
Yeah lots of Chinese here. But the natives are actually the Malays.
I went for it once. I guess its good because its the only night race.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
That you're fluent in English, and there not too many cycling fans from Singapore as well. I've had a few stop overs at Singapore Airport, huuuuuge place.

Not everybody has time to read the vast majority of threads so it might be missed :)

I didn't mean to have a go at you. Was just laughing at how often that comment is made.;)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:

Some of you guys might not believe, but english is the main language in our asian country. Though still a lot of us speak chinese, malay or tamil. But nearly all of us are pretty good with English. In fact my chinese is terrible, English is the only language I speak:eek:.

Haha Changi Airport is really big, 4 terminals in total. Its really good too but its at the end of Singapore. Its a wealthy country alright.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
I do? I thought my english was pretty broken:p
Yeah lots of Chinese here. But the natives are actually the Malays.
I went for it once. I guess its good because its the only night race.

it's true, you never ever misspell;

"I think BMC wins today".

:p

TRENDING THREADS