• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General Section Please

A

Anonymous

can we PLEASE have a general section...

was about to start a thread, and chuck in a couple of photos of me and the wife just for the sake of introductions.. (names to faces etc).. but there really is nowhere to put anything..

Mods.. get on with it and create a general coffee shop section.. could also be used for meeting up with people at races, travel advice to races or cities, travel tips, hotel tips or whatever...

PLEASE!!!!

dimspace said:
can we PLEASE have a general section...

was about to start a thread, and chuck in a couple of photos of me and the wife just for the sake of introductions.. (names to faces etc).. but there really is nowhere to put anything..

Mods.. get on with it and create a general coffee shop section.. could also be used for meeting up with people at races, travel advice to races or cities, travel tips, hotel tips or whatever...

PLEASE!!!!

+1 but the post may not do any good. It does not appear that anyone with any control over the situation even reads this forum--or if they do then they just do not give a damn. I still have not had my IP ban problem resolved. :(

A

Anonymous

maybe pm'ing the guys in charge.. :D

think it would be usefull...

a) it would be quite nice to put names to faces
b) i know we are in paris this summer, already spoken to one other person who is, and meeting up for a few ventoux beers would be good..
c) travel advice in various cities, sure people here have loads of good hotel, travel recomendations
d) things like maintainence tips etc.. im considering rebuilding my 15 year old peugot frame into something reasonable and need advice..

blah blah blah.. loads of things...

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
d) things like maintainence tips etc.. im considering rebuilding my 15 year old peugot frame into something reasonable and need advice..

That one can go in the tech forum.

Brodeal said:
It does not appear that anyone with any control over the situation even reads this forum--or if they do then they just do not give a damn. I still have not had my IP ban problem resolved.

As much as Future's tech guys would love to sit around and read forums all day, they have an entire portfolio of websites to host and maintain. They're a little busy at the moment with getting the finishing touches on the new Cyclingnews.com, so once that's out of the way I'll give them another nudge. Doesn't seem to be a road block in you participating in the forums, so not quite as urgent.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Greg Johnson said:
As much as Future's tech guys would love to sit around and read forums all day, they have an entire portfolio of websites to host and maintain. They're a little busy at the moment with getting the finishing touches on the new Cyclingnews.com, so once that's out of the way I'll give them another nudge.

With all due respect Greg I think people are probably expecting you guys to read and respond to the feedback posts about the forum not Future's tech guys!

And because I know you are reading this here is some motivational feedback from me - love the forum it's a great addition to my enjoyment of following the pro-race scene - thanks :)

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
With all due respect Greg I think people are probably expecting you guys to read and respond to the feedback posts about the forum not Future's tech guys!

And because I know you are reading this here is some motivational feedback from me - love the forum it's a great addition to my enjoyment of following the pro-race scene - thanks :)

G'day 180mmCrank,

We are reading, and have responded to BroDeal about the issue. Problem is there's no enough geek in me to be able to do all the tasks I currently do for Cyclingnews AND play interwebs guru to fix it myself. The latter job is up to those employed in such rolls and as I mentioned, they've got a lot on their respective plates building us a flashy new website, so can only address critical issues. As BroDeal's found his own work around, it's not as critical an issue as, say, the entire website going off line.

Glad you're enjoying it. Once you've seen what I've seen of the new website, you will love it even more. Oh, I do love a good secret...

Cheers
Greg Johnson

A

Anonymous

another new one, is taken me ages to get used to this new one, i never really recovered from losing the nav bar down the left.. another learning curve for me..

(although i dont read cycling news so much now.. anything important or scandelous people re-post on here.. :D)

oh forum admin is simple.. you dont need to employ a tech guy to do it.. ;)

but good to know someone has noticed, and responded anyway.. hurrah..

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
another new one, is taken me ages to get used to this new one, i never really recovered from losing the nav bar down the left.. another learning curve for me..

(although i dont read cycling news so much now.. anything important or scandelous people re-post on here.. :D)

oh forum admin is simple.. you dont need to employ a tech guy to do it.. ;)

but good to know someone has noticed, and responded anyway.. hurrah..

Times are a changing, and we all need to evolve too...The new website has a much better navigation system. It's still at the top, but it's dynamic, two tier etc.

Forum admin is one thing, tech problems are another. I'm confident I know what the issue is, but answer me this...would you rather I spend time working on BroDeal's IP issue or do my actual job of producing FE news, this Ivan Basso time trial bike and various other tid bits of race coverage I need to get done today?

(BTW, you answer has no impact on the decision I've already made of what I will be doing, just having some fun. :p )

As for your comment in brackets...well, that's just lazy. I won't get it to my rant about how the development of social media is making us all stupider, though...I'll tweet that one instead :)

Cheers
Greg Johnson

A

Anonymous

two tier navigation.. oh gawd... can you ask em to make sure it works in opera please.. :D

(im just an old whine.. took me ages to find things when the left hand side panel dissapeared with the race calender etc - im a capricorn - we dont like change.. if i had my way phones would still be the size of bricks, and we would all be coding in html 2.0)

And dont worry, i read cyclingnews every day thoroughly, if i relied on the forum for news id think the whole cycling world revolved around lance, drugs and large boats.. :D

TRENDING THREADS