• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gent-Wevelgem 24th March 2013

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Originally Posted by Pentacycle
Doing a Cancellara? Nope, that's not the correct term. I haven't seen this kind of move lately in a classic though. From now on if the best sprinter in a group rides away solo at 5k from the finish it's a 'Sagan'.

Nice. :eek:. From now on when I want from somebody to do something insane to succeed the great way I´ll say: make Sagan

Lexman said:
Roelandts was apparently hit by a car from the race organisation while changing his wheel...:eek:

Fell on his head and was unable to continue...

bad luck for Roelandts again after E3, hope it stops the coming weeks
Man, that guy has a lot of bad luck. He's been so strong this year, but hasn't got any results out of it at all :(

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Lexman said:
Roelandts was apparently hit by a car from the race organisation while changing his wheel...:eek:

Fell on his head and was unable to continue...

bad luck for Roelandts again after E3, hope it stops the coming weeks

Yikes, I wondered where he'd gone.

SKSemtex said:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle
Doing a Cancellara? Nope, that's not the correct term. I haven't seen this kind of move lately in a classic though. From now on if the best sprinter in a group rides away solo at 5k from the finish it's a 'Sagan'.

Nice. :eek:. From now on when I want from somebody to do something insane to succeed the great way I´ll say: make Sagan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EJpA8-lSI44#t=112s

woodenswan said:
i loved the wheelie

I loved it too, but he himself wasn't satisfied. He said he was too tired to do it properly :D

Overall I like him very much, funny and nice guy doing great and with joy. I don't think he's disrespecting anybody with his celebrations. Lot of jealous people around, if you ask me.

Second wheelie better than first, but camera angle not as good.

I agree though. Just a kid having fun.

bettiniphoto_0137949_1_full_220.jpg

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Deserved first Classic for Sagan.
It came to him easier than I've expected. No Cav, Greipel, Boonen, Cancellara, etc. besides him in the winning break. Pyrrhic victory in sense of psychological warfare before De Ronde. Cancellara's E3 triumph is overshadowing this one.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
More like a Boonen ;)

A 'Boonen': Crashing only by your own mistake, gently touching the side of the road and gracefully abandoning a few kilometers later, after first having greeted the crowd, and your fans along the road. :eek: (that 2005 attack was great though)

The crash looked bad though... I hope he still has a chance to defend his titles properly, but riding De Panne to get extra racing would mean leading out Cavendish. And we know he hates that, or will he just drop out of the peloton like in Paris-Nice?

serfla said:
It came to him easier than I've expected. No Cav, Greipel, Boonen, Cancellara, etc. besides him in the winning break. Pyrrhic victory in sense of psychological warfare before De Ronde. Cancellara's E3 triumph is overshadowing this one.

Yeah, he should have lost that would have been much better for him in sense of psychological warfare

serfla said:

Pyrrhic victory? WTF. Exact opposite. This is huge win - psychologicly. Stopping beeing Mr. 2 will give him the wings. It is gonna be really hard for anybody to stop him now.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Panda Claws said:
Yeah, he should have lost that would have been much better for him in sense of psychological warfare
It doesn't matter after the blow he received on Friday, that's the point, if I have to point it out already, 'cause I see you can't get it and prefer biting over the courteous discussion.

SKSemtex said:
Pyrrhic victory? WTF. Exact opposite. This is huge win - psychologicly. Stopping beeing Mr. 2 will give him the wings. It is gonna be really hard for anybody to stop him now.

Semi classic win after Spartacus left him for dead 35km from the finish a few days ago, he won't win a monument this season, he wasted his best chance in MSR by being a fool.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SKSemtex said:
Off course. It would be surprising to read something else from a Slovak fan.

Inquitus said:
Semi classic win after Spartacus left him for dead 35km from the finish a few days ago, he won't win a monument this season, he wasted his best chance in MSR by being a fool.

You right. He was fool. But he learns very fast. That reminds me how he was fooled in Tour de Suisse and his first win in the Tour. :D

TRENDING THREADS