• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geraint Thomas, the next british hope

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
what the fvck did we just witness G doing today? Is that sh!t real? Is he really going to make the top 5 this Tour? really? really?

this is bvllshit!!! I have stated many time how much I liked G as a rider- but the sh!t he's been pulling this Tour is disgusting!!!! fvck him!!!

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Punkan said:
Think we might get ahead of ourselves here. G hasn't proven that he can hang with best on a real mountain stage with several hard climbs. To me it isn't totally unexpected that G could do something like this on one climb. He is a fairly skinny rider with a great engine. Compare his performance with Gallopin, another rider that weighs around 70 kilos: G beat Gallopin with 21 seconds today. If G is 5th on a stage like stage 12, I start raising some eyebrows.
Eyebrows raised?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

saganftw said:
i would be kinda "OK" with froome dominating - maybe he is legit whatever idgaf...and then quintana,valverde and contador cannot drop thomas,thats just ***

Let's not lose perspective. As ridiculous as Thomas is, he's still more likely to be clean than Froome.

Re: Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
G ain't no Merckx, and the necessity for the comparison is insulting.
You absolutely sure about that?

Yeah, I overdid the Merckx comp, but he was though of as a sprinter and a horrible descender at first. Belgian boy and everything.

Anyway kinda glad Gallopin cracked today. Always liked him.

Pro cycling is in a right state.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
saganftw said:
i would be kinda "OK" with froome dominating - maybe he is legit whatever idgaf...and then quintana,valverde and contador cannot drop thomas,thats just ***

Let's not lose perspective. As ridiculous as Thomas is, he's still more likely to be clean than Froome.
I don't think so, vroome has had 1 transformation, and that was from bad to good. G has several transformations every year

When Quintana went on his first attack he clearly thought he had got rid of Thomas. He then gave Thomas a long stare when he rode back to the front as he was greatly surprised to see him again.

Thomas is simply unbelievable, nothing can explain what we are seeing but some serious doping, Thomas is just not a good enough climber to be doing what he is doing. Porte is at least a climber but Thomas is not.

TRENDING THREADS