• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Geraint Thomas

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
staubsauger said:
Thomas' is a horrible bike handler. If it's raining in the Alps & Pyrenees he's got a big problem!

Horrible, no less? I think top tens in PR and Flanders and a victory in E3 proves otherwise.

He is no Richie Porte.

No Sagan or Alaphilippe, either, granted.

I agree with this but he does seem to fall a lot
Doesn't even need the Alps & Pyrenees to confirm my statement.

staubsauger said:
Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
staubsauger said:
Thomas' is a horrible bike handler. If it's raining in the Alps & Pyrenees he's got a big problem!

Horrible, no less? I think top tens in PR and Flanders and a victory in E3 proves otherwise.

He is no Richie Porte.

Looking at the replays again it seems the EF rider goes down first and catches the few riders directly behind him, which so happened to be all Ineos.

Pricey_sky said:
staubsauger said:
Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
staubsauger said:

He is no Richie Porte.

Looking at the replays again it seems the EF rider goes down first and catches the few riders directly behind him, which so happened to be all Ineos.
Okay. If so I'm gonna reject the harshment of my statements!

Pricey_sky said:
staubsauger said:
Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
staubsauger said:

He is no Richie Porte.

Other teams have to start suicide bombing now :lol:

All this garbage about G being a bad bike handler is pretty tiresome, you don't get the cobbled results he has by being a bad bike handler

What he does need to learn though is which riders to be away from while descending, Woods, Barguil , Pinot and Zakarin would be a start

Re:

del1962 said:
All this garbage about G being a bad bike handler is pretty tiresome, you don't get the cobbled results he has by being a bad bike handler

What he does need to learn though is which riders to be away from while descending, Woods, Barguil , Pinot and Zakarin would be a start

Yeah, good point, especially when he could have chosen people like Sagan and Alaphilippe :)

Moscon managed to lose 24 minutes from the crash. I wonder how.

tobydawq said:
del1962 said:

Yeah, good point, especially when he could have chosen people like Sagan and Alaphilippe :)

I think he might have been taping the two halfs of his bike together again. Seriously though you think he might be injured?

tobydawq said:
del1962 said:

img-20190714-000655.jpg

Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
del1962 said:

I think he might have been taping the two halfs of his bike together again. Seriously though you think he might be injured?

Yeah, if it's not the first thing you suggested, that could be. His bike did take a massive hit.

tobydawq said:
Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
del1962 said:

Yeah, if it's not the first thing you suggested, that could be. His bike did take a massive hit.

Would make a difference him having to bow out due to hitting the tarmac as opposed to because of hitting another cyclist

Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
del1962 said:

Would make a difference him having to bow out due to hitting the tarmac as opposed to because of hitting another cyclist

Maybe the tarmac files a complaint.

They should let Bernal ride for himself, he is the future. A podium will be superb for Bernal, Thomas can go back his rightful job. Froome winning the Giro in the way he did was good for his legacy but he would have beat Thomas in the TDF with a proper prep.

Hard to tell right now. After an ITT, it’s sort of normal to have a bad day sometimes. Difficult to know if this is just that. If you look at today’s results in isolation, Egan seems to be the the obvious choice to fight it out in the mountains.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
Look, maybe I'm being dramatic here but maybe his TDF win will seem like kind of a fluke in 10 years' time.

It was fluke indeed, third (second) British rider coming from nowhere winning the Tour in row. :lol:

But let's stay on topic. Bigger problem for Thomas than his poor performance today was, that all top domestics of the team were dropped so early on without doing anything eventhough their target until now was conserving energy. This is huge problem for him. He cannot rely on Sky train any more.

TRENDING THREADS