• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gerdemann

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Tour de France results:

2007 36th (yellow jersey for two stages)
2008 Did not race*
2009 24th

* Fractured femur and tibia and ruptured anterior cruciate ligament in Tirreno Adriatico

I say good on him. What's the harm? Not only that, but he is getting people to put their money where there mouths are and to support doping-free cycling by investing in his experiment. He was very vocal about being dope-free when he won the yellow jersey on stage 7 of the 2007 TdF.

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Why care about him? He can´t even spell, as most Epo-Lance-Lovers. Even i am better in writing and english is not my mother tongue nor my 2nd language...

Yeah well you have a deouch as a avatard. BTW english is not my mothers tuounge either and it is not even her 3rd language.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
Yeah well you have a deouch as a avatard. BTW english is not my mothers tuounge either and it is not even her 3rd language.

It´s written douchebag and avatar...

Wherever you come from, i bet you have no idea who that is. So better shut up and stay with your Lover-Boy Epo-Lance

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
python said:
i dont give a texas rats ass about what you think about a douch bag from texas or who else is a db. .

This is awesome! By the way do you think that Linus is a db? I can remember when another pro cyclist said he did not even know who Linus was.

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
So what, i really don´t care

Well you cared enough to note my spelling errors and also that I have some type of brolance thing happening. I get it,,,,,,you got your McMahon jock strap in a knot and decided to take it out on me?

May 3, 2010
www.ror-zone.com
wow its sad how quick we got from a hopefully brilliant piece of evidance that it is possible to ride clean and do O.K. into the tour to talking about LA again.
Personal as mr38% suggested i would love to Gerdemann do this experiment and pull off a top 15 in the tour. I live in hope for this and for the continuation of team milram next season.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Stra&#223 said:
wow its sad how quick we got from a hopefully brilliant piece of evidance that it is possible to ride clean and do O.K. into the tour to talking about LA again.
Personal as mr38% suggested i would love to Gerdemann do this experiment and pull off a top 15 in the tour. I live in hope for this and for the continuation of team milram next season.

Ja i´d be good but... wer bezahlt? ARD/ZDF? Die lieben es doch den Radsport kaputt zu schreiben. Ein ehrlicher Fahrer wäre da kontraproduktiv. So ´ne Affen wie polish und oncearunner ziegen doch wie einfach Menschen in die eine oder andere Richtung zu manipulieren sind.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
Well you cared enough to note my spelling errors and also that I have some type of brolance thing happening. I get it,,,,,,you got your McMahon jock strap in a knot and decided to take it out on me?

... but i still don´t care where come from.

May you directly post from a psychatric clinic, that´s why you hide your location. But that´s not my problem but yours ...

May 3, 2010
www.ror-zone.com
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Ja i´d be good but... wer bezahlt? ARD/ZDF? Die lieben es doch den Radsport kaputt zu schreiben. Ein ehrlicher Fahrer wäre da kontraproduktiv. So ´ne Affen wie polish und oncearunner ziegen doch wie einfach Menschen in die eine oder andere Richtung zu manipulieren sind.

Für mich das ist total scheiss egal wer zahlt. Deutsch Radsport braucht gut nachtrichten heutzutage. Gerdemann hatte das probiert und wie immer kommt von den "fans" nur scheiss raus . Typisch.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Verwechsle Fans mit den vielen Trolls nicht. Auch ich glaube das Gerdemanns Vorschlag eine gute Idee ist. Nur passt das nicht ins Bild der veröffentlichten Meinung.

Von der Seite ist also nichts zu erwarten und eine Privat-Finanzierung wird schwer realisierbar. Das ist das Problem.

P.S.: Gute FAZ-Artikel. Hätte nicht gedacht mal was vernünftiges in Mainstream-Medien über deutschen Radsport zu lesen.

Mr.38&#37 said:
Umh, that's nonsense or pure speculation without any tiny hint whatsoever.

I'm not saying it isn't nonsense or pure speculation. But once somebody is smeared, the mark that's left is indelible even if the rider is later found innocent. Just ask John Leslie, the TV presenter accused of paedophilia and later acquitted. Even if the evidence against Gerdemann is incredibly weak, the fact that articles are posted that people remember and can cite means people will forever have a vague association of him with doping even if it was all unsubstantiated. This is the press these days. Or ask Alberto Contador - I was having a conversation with somebody today who I'd never met before, but as soon as cycling came up in conversation they asked me if I could explain why Contador was 'such a dick to Lance' - what the media writes washes off. And more people worldwide will read an English-language article on cyclingnews or a tabloid report full of unsubstantiated speculation in Bild than will pause to sift through a more balanced and detailed article in the Frankfurter Allgemeiner. Sad, but true.

Gerdemann has some viable motives for doing this, but the fact that he's willing to do so implies that he is at least outwardly a clean cyclist. I just named some of the motives - the fact that he'd been implied in something even without evidence means that some people will always raise questions. If he goes top 20 at the Tour as a rider who can viably still develop and does it in these circumstances, then those questions can hopefully be quashed. It would then give German sponsors potentially put off by the expectance of positive tests after the last few years reason to be interested in cycling again, with the knowledge that one of Germany's most recognised and talented cyclists is clean. With races disappearing left, right and centre in that part of Europe (RIP Hessen Rundfahrt, RIP Sachsentour, RIP Deutschlandtour, and more) anything that provides positive (no pun intended) feedback for cycling in the region should be applauded.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Verwechsle Fans mit den vielen Trolls nicht. Auch ich glaube das Gerdemanns Vorschlag eine gute Idee ist. Nur passt das nicht ins Bild der veröffentlichten Meinung.

Von der Seite ist also nichts zu erwarten und eine Privat-Finanzierung wird schwer realisierbar. Das ist das Problem.

P.S.: Gute FAZ-Artikel. Hätte nicht gedacht mal was vernünftiges in Mainstream-Medien über deutschen Radsport zu lesen.
let's zurück in die sprache dieses forums zu erhalten. ansonsten ist es respektlos.

Hinsichtlich der trolls, na, du weißt ...
--
for every one else: in my poor german, i'm asking to get back to english

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
python said:
let's zurück in die sprache dieses forums zu erhalten. ansonsten ist es respektlos.

Hinsichtlich der trolls, na, du weißt ...
--
for every one else: in my poor german, i'm asking to get back to english

Ja eben, ich wollte verhindern das die Lance-Po-Lecker-Trolls (polish und oncearunner8) wieder Themen-Fremd werden. Vor denen habe ich null Respekt. Das sind geistige Tief-Flieger... Hier geht es um Gerdemann und die kapieren es nicht.

So back to english until they disturbe again.

Ich habe kein Problem mit der Nützung der deutschen Sprache, aber vielleicht wäre es besser für den Anderen, Englisch zu nützen.

Another example of what I was saying above is that as soon as somebody involved in the Italian cycling authorities claimed Valverde was involved in Humanplasma, several people on this forum immediately jumped and stood by that and continued the ongoing dogpile on Valverde, because a coin toss has decided that he should be hated while other known dopers aren't such a problem. Never mind that, other than the statements of one person - who has an axe to grind in the situation - there is as yet no evidence in the public domain to prove it. That's not important, because as we all already know that Valverde is, was or has been, a doper, we'll just lap it up and throw more abuse at him without bothering to substantiate it. It's human nature. Plenty of people have already come to the conclusion, "cycling is corrupt, cycling is full of drug cheats, Linus Gerdemann is a cyclist ergo he's a drug cheat", and this opinion is very common in Germany, a country rather disillusioned by cycling, so this is one of very few options open to Gerdemann in order to prove his innocence, if you like.

And on Valverde's being linked to Humanplasma - as I said on the thread about it when somebody said that the Spanish can rest easy because punishing those implicated falls to the national authorities, would a Spaniard really have to travel all the way to Austria if they wanted to dope?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
It´s all true what you said in your last two posts. But real cycling fans understand the difference, they not only read mainstream stuff and don´t believe in PR-Talk by some cheating americans....

Gerdemann was (tried to be) slaughtered by double standard german mainstream media, but it didn´t happen like to Ullrich. But his problem is still the media saying "everybody dopes" (as you explained), thus his only way out is to do some strange things like he want to do...

Even tough the media is quiet now, they found a new punching ball in Vino (although he did serve his ban)...

But i also understand people who jump on everything against Valverde since he is one of 3 Riders who are convicted dopers but never were banned.

So everything about this 3 riders must be uncovered until they get their just punishment.

Even the Pharmstrong-Trolls can read and so they know that their hero doped. Now they are so angry that they try to hijack every thread because the truth hurt so much. The good thing is, this mess will be over in 17 months...

TRENDING THREADS