• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

German Cyclist Stefan Schumacher Admits Years of Doping

Samson777 said:
Schumacher tells about his doping to Spiegel: http://www.spiegel.de/international...stefan-schumacher-admits-doping-a-891695.html

If Katusha gave a **** about PR, they would be happy that Holczer is no longer the boss of their team.

When Galimzyanov tested positive for EPO early in 2012, Holczer was immediately put in the spotlight. I think Holczer ran a pretty tight shop thereafter and as a result his team didn't perform as planned. Holczer was then replaced with another dodgy manager: Ekimov

Of course Holzcer knew everything about the doping on Gerolsteiner.

If nobody picks up on Schumacher's lead, perhaps Michael "Chicken" Rasmussen should consider including an additional chapter in his new book. All written by his good friend, the German.

Dazed and Confused said:
When Galimzyanov tested positive for EPO early in 2012, Holczer was immediately put in the spotlight. I think Holczer ran a pretty tight shop thereafter and as a result his team didn't perform as planned. Holczer was then replaced with another dodgy manager: Ekimov

Of course Holzcer knew everything about the doping on Gerolsteiner.

If nobody picks up on Schumacher's lead, perhaps Michael "Chicken" Rasmussen should consider including an additional chapter in his new book. All written by his good friend, the German.
Ekimov is one of the reasons, that you tend to believe, that Katusha don't really care about their anti doping image:)

Yes, would be exciting with a Scumacher chapter in Michael Rasmussens book. CWO states here that they asked Scumacher to consider if he had anything to confess: http://www.sporten.dk/cykling/christina-watches-derfor-tilstaar-schumacher-doping

roundabout said:
rubbish. the only reason he confessed is because of the case in Germany. Hembo should put a sock in it.
Probably you are right. But one thing you must say; CWO get a lot of press, for a limited budget. Guess that's the point with the team, and the reason why they hired Hamburger. He already gave them a lot of press, and when Hamburger make a second doping confession, they can get into the headlines again:)

ChewbaccaD said:
Potato head was doping?

File this admission under "Least surprising this year"

It certainly is surprising. This admission strikes a blow against everything I have learned about the wisdom of cycling forums during the last year.

Back in the day when Schumacher was smashing the field in breaks day after day and had a huge boost in time trialing capability to boot, there were a few--some say as little as twelve--nutters on cycling forums who laughed about how obvious the doping was. In forums in the Fatherland there were the German equivalents of del1962 and martinvickers who knew Schumachers's sudden rise and surprising performance relative to other pros was the result of good clean living and a Deutschland work ethic. There was probably even a German Krebs Cycle who proved with geometric logic that Schumacher was not doping and that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox containing the strawberries did exist. Since most English speakers don't sprechte da German, English speaking cycling forum dwellers were deprived of guidance from Schumacher's countrymen, who were the ones best able to give unbiased and, more importantly, undeluded guidance on whether their man was doping. The suspicion and accusations were a tragic example of cynicism brought about by a lack of communication.

Luckily that situation does not exist today. The riders smashing the field now are English speakers, so pathetic forum types get the benefit of being told in a language they understand which unnatural cycling performance should be ignored because they are actually the result of working in ways that no one else in the history of the sport has ever considered. The situation has improved dramatically, and I think we should all be thankful of that.

But this admission has caused some bit of doubt. Maybe, just maybe, those forum nutters were on to something back then.

Scott SoCal said:
Yes. I'm quietly sitting here in stunned dis-belief.

I guess there really is doping in pro cycling. Damn it.

Fortunately, we are still safely well under the 1% occurence rate that Mr. McQuaid assured us was the maximum limit.

Even more fortunately, it isn't like Schumacher was from one of those non-doping countries Mr. McQuaid told us about like Germany or Denmark, or anything.

Dave.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
So Katusha is a member of MPCC ? What does this say about THAT Organisation and the membership ?

" All for one message , One message for all ?"

http://cyclocosm.com/2013/03/improving-the-credbility-of-the-mpcc/

Hope they take him up on the offer , since CNFclinic , in recent days has pointed up how many Team Owner/Managers have a "Anti Antidoping History "!

Sums it all up !

ED ‏@ednl 8 Jan
@MPCC_Cycling @UCI_Overlord Doping that's enough? Training no longer necessary?
Retweeted by Cyclocosm.com

BroDeal said:
It certainly is surprising. This admission strikes a blow against everything I have learned about the wisdom of cycling forums during the last year.

Back in the day when Schumacher was smashing the field in breaks day after day and had a huge boost in time trialing capability to boot, there were a few--some say as little as twelve--nutters on cycling forums who laughed about how obvious the doping was. In forums in the Fatherland there were the German equivalents of del1962 and martinvickers who knew Schumachers's sudden rise and surprising performance relative to other pros was the result of good clean living and a Deutschland work ethic. There was probably even a German Krebs Cycle who proved with geometric logic that Schumacher was not doping and that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox containing the strawberries did exist. Since most English speakers don't sprechte da German, English speaking cycling forum dwellers were deprived of guidance from Schumacher's countrymen, who were the ones best able to give unbiased and, more importantly, undeluded guidance on whether their man was doping. The suspicion and accusations were a tragic example of cynicism brought about by a lack of communication.

Luckily that situation does not exist today. The riders smashing the field now are English speakers, so pathetic forum types get the benefit of being told in a language they understand which unnatural cycling performance should be ignored because they are actually the result of working in ways that no one else in the history of the sport has ever considered. The situation has improved dramatically, and I think we should all be thankful of that.

But this admission has caused some bit of doubt. Maybe, just maybe, those forum nutters were on to something back then.

I appreciate what you're saying, but I really don't think Schumacher had many defenders. I mean, that was beyond ridiculous. I think he was far more ridiculous than even Ricco.

Smashing fully-in-his-prime-Cancellara twice in TTs like that, I think those wins are overlooked in the "most doped performances ever" discussions. You could have made a lot of money betting on Schumacher there...

spalco said:
I appreciate what you're saying, but I really don't think Schumacher had many defenders. I mean, that was beyond ridiculous. I think he was far more ridiculous than even Ricco.

Smashing fully-in-his-prime-Cancellara twice in TTs like that, I think those wins are overlooked in the "most doped performances ever" discussions. You could have made a lot of money betting on Schumacher there...

What is ironic is Schumacher was not any more suspicious than Sky yet everyone could call him out because he was a German with a potato shaped head. No one stepped up to defend him.

The Schumacher case is interesting because anyone with more than two connected neurons was able to figure out the dude was putting on a dopeshow. The obvious was obvious, and the forum dweller were right. Meanwhile, the collective IQ of the English speaking cycling fans seems to have dropped twenty or thirty points since September of 2011.

TRENDING THREADS