• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gert Steegmans

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
yep....this lad also refused to sign a contract that would bind him to paying back all earnings should he fail a control.

He then went on strike more or less for that team, and now finds a new home with Bruyneel.

I doubt very much Radio Shack will have any in house financial penalties for doping infringements!

A

Anonymous

No, its clear that you wont be on The Hog's team if you don't dope. He would never sign a rider who wouldn't get with the program.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
No, its clear that you wont be on The Hog's team if you don't dope. He would never sign a rider who wouldn't get with the program.

Once again you are making blanket statements that discredit large numbers of cyclists with no evidence. That axe your grinding must be getting pretty sharp by now.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
So Steegmans joins Team Myway as an expendable pawn to give a sense that there is something to the team apart from hauling certain men up certain mountains. Mancebo and Sevilla are likely to be knocking on the door next.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
Once again you are making blanket statements that discredit large numbers of cyclists with no evidence. That axe your grinding must be getting pretty sharp by now.
yep, we would not want a blunt axe when we put your type's neck on the chopping block.

Or would we...

heck, TFF don't worry about a blunt axe. Off with his head.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
yep, we would not want a blunt axe when we put your type's neck on the chopping block.

Or would we...

heck, TFF don't worry about a blunt axe. Off with his head.

Oh, a death threat? Some might say that is reportable behaviour, however, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and leave it alone for now.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
Oh, a death threat? Some might say that is reportable behaviour, however, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and leave it alone for now.
death threat?

you come on to engage in Armstrong propaganda, and interpret that as a death threat. Better take it down to the local police.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:

WonderLance? What the heck is that? How old are you? 10? Death threat my ****...get a grip!!

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
death threat?

you come on to engage in Armstrong propaganda, and interpret that as a death threat. Better take it down to the local police.

I am not engaging in 'Armstrong propaganda' as you have put it but simply attempted to be an advocate for cyclists who have unfairly been tarnished by your wild accusations.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Bluebeard said:
So Steegmans joins Team Myway as an expendable pawn to give a sense that there is something to the team apart from hauling certain men up certain mountains. Mancebo and Sevilla are likely to be knocking on the door next.
I think the Shack's spring campaign is a bit more serious than that. If they wanted an excuse to make it look like they were in competition for the Ronde etc., they'd have cheaper options than Steegmans. Steegmans is no Van Heeswijk; he's a real competitor, and should also be able to do good sprints in the Giro and/or Vuelta.

That said, I stil don't believe the Bruyneel approach works for one-day races, so I think Steegmans is going to be disappointed next year.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
I am not engaging in 'Armstrong propaganda' as you have put it but simply attempted to be an advocate for cyclists who have unfairly been tarnished by your wild accusations.

Could you give us an example of these "Wild accusations" or are you just trolling by making "Blanket Statements"?

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Could you give us an example of these "Wild accusations" or are you just trolling by making "Blanket Statements"?

I believe this has been covered ad nauseum in other forum topics. However, I would say that implying Steegmans is doping, or will be doped, just because he wants to join the dynamic new force in cycling is a pretty wild accusation.

A

Anonymous

WonderLance said:

Yet another thread being hijacked. :mad:

If there is something of substantance you would like contribute then feel free. In fact, most here enjoy an in-depth, thoughtful, fact-based discussion.

Give it a try.

A

Anonymous

WonderLance said:

Beside Steegmans, who else are you advocating?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
I believe this has been covered ad nauseum in other forum topics.

They have been covered and shown to be much more then "Wild Accusations". If you have something that might disprove them perhaps you should present it.

WonderLance said:
However, I would say that implying Steegmans is doping, or will be doped, just because he wants to join the dynamic new force in cycling is a pretty wild accusation.

If you read the thread the implication that Steegmans is doping is much more then him joining a team that has a heavy history of doping. You seem to ignore Steegman's refusal to sign the Katusha agreement.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
If you read the thread the implication that Steegmans is doping is much more then him joining a team that has a heavy history of doping.
Now be fair - Team Shack hardly has any history at all. The same cannot be said of its employees, I'll grant you that.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe WonderLance is even getting replies after the "death threat" post. That was just stupid, and I am even a "Lance fanboy", as you refer to us.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
If you read the thread the implication that Steegmans is doping is much more then him joining a team that has a heavy history of doping. You seem to ignore Steegman's refusal to sign the Katusha agreement.

And this could not simply be put down to the contract voltating the rights of an employee? Bit more likely me thinks. Would you sign a contract to give up your yearly salary if you made one stuff up at work?

A

Anonymous

WonderLance said:
And this could not simply be put down to the contract voltating the rights of an employee? Bit more likely me thinks. Would you sign a contract to give up your yearly salary if you made one stuff up at work?

If I were a pro cyclist that did not dope then I would not have a problem with it especially given the problems surrounding my profession. Does it bother you that Steegmans was the only one (reportedly) who did not sign? McEwen made some noise, but signed.

How do you explain this?

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
If I were a pro cyclist that did not dope then I would not have a problem with it especially given the problems surrounding my profession. Does it bother you that Steegmans was the only one (reportedly) who did not sign? McEwen made some noise, but signed.

How do you explain this?

This is the classic argument used by those who wish to crush civil liberties. "Well if your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to fear". Perhaps, he has principles and is willing to stick by them. Something that I find rather admirable.

And If I knew that there was a lab out there with a history of dodgy results I certainly wouldn’t sign that contract. One stuff up on their part and not only are you gone for two years but you have no money to support yourself.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:

Still waiting for your defense of your assertion of "Wild Accusations". It is blanket statements like this the kill your creditability.

TRENDING THREADS