• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gesink Discussion Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Knie_Gesink_Vuelta_2009.jpg

gesink believes pisti should shut up

Azabael said:
Not sure if we can call that a serious crash, as he finished 5th in Paris?

Like Spine said:
Actually, he fractured his arm after crashing in the second stage of the Tour that year right before the cobbled stage where it really must have hurt

And this is no bull****. He did fracture his arm.
Ofcourse he was capable to ride on with that fracture, but you can bet it must've hurt like hell.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Basso_Ivan_11_etna_crash.jpg

Robert Gesink needs to toughen up (if you use that crash in Tour 2010 as an excuse), believes Ivan Basso.

he didnt use it as an excuse.

but to still get 5th place despite that crash and working for menchov aint bad ey :)

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
You're the first one to talk about excuses when your favorite riders don't perform, to the point of absurdity. The way you used Basso as an example only exposes you for the hypocrite that you are. When confronted with that you give me this cop-out. Typical.

stupid.
youngest is probably the least dutch fan to make excuses.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
6th place. I don't discount contador like others

sorry I agree with this.
Contador is a true champion (and I dont agree with youngest that schleck is in a similar level in the mountains, regardless of 10' tour), but I suppose that is a whole different discussion

El Pistolero said:
Basso_Ivan_11_etna_crash.jpg

Robert Gesink needs to toughen up (if you use that crash in Tour 2010 as an excuse), believes Ivan Basso.

First of all, Gesink never used it as an excuse. It's just a fact, which you wouldn't recognize even if it hit you in the face unless it concerns a Belgian. Secondly, I think Gesink would have taken a bruised face over a fractured arm any day to ride out the Tour. Unless of course he had a concussion or something of the sort.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Clearly directed at theyoungest who totally dismisses Ivan Basso's injuries and then uses Gesink's injuries as an excuse like always.

My god, you Dutch are uptight when it's about Gesink.

Gesink needs to toughen up, believes Contador who won the Giro with a fractured elbow. ;)

El Pistolero said:
Clearly directed at theyoungest who totally dismisses Ivan Basso's injuries and then uses Gesink's injuries as an excuse like always.

My god, you Dutch are uptight when it's about Gesink.

Gesink needs to toughen up, believes Contador who won the Giro with a fractured elbow. ;)

For the umpteenth time, I'm not Dutch. Regarding Gesink, again, he never used his fracture as an excuse, which your posts seem to constantly implicate. He didn't retire from the race nor did he complain about it. Same with Contador, no? The difference being that Contador is the best stage-racer on the planet, and thus he won the Giro whereas Gesink did his best and that resulted in a 6th spot at the Tour. What's the problem here really? Other than you wanting to take a stab at Gesink every chance you get? :rolleyes:

El Pistolero and his Dutch nephew 18-Valve need to take some reading lessons. It would spare us a whole lot of pointless back and forth.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
sorry I agree with this.
Contador is a true champion (and I dont agree with youngest that schleck is in a similar level in the mountains, regardless of 10' tour), but I suppose that is a whole different discussion
I said close. I don't believe Contador was all that bad in that Tour, but I agree that if Contador is at his best, no one can climb with him. But this was about Nibali and Schleck being in the same bracket, which I highly doubt.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
That theyoungest and Dekker are constantly using it as an excuse. Try and follow the discussion will you.

then maybe say contador tell the cycling news forum members to harden the f**k up, and not gesink. Try to use some intelligence with your posting will you.

anyway it is clear pickle is just trolling, surely no one can be this thick right ;)

El Pistolero said:
That theyoungest and Dekker are constantly using it as an excuse. Try and follow the discussion will you.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
then maybe say contador tell the cycling news forum members to harden the f**k up, and not gesink. Try to use some intelligence with your posting will you.

There you go. We've had this discussion once before about reading comprehension Pistrollero. Get some. ;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
It reminds me of what people said after Basso won the Giro, and we've seen last year how close he was in the Tour...

This is what started the discussion.

As Valve said, completely ignoring the fact that his preparation for the Tour got messed up by his crash on the Etna.